I just ordered a Vive because I'm planning to play on my iMac

I just ordered a Vive because I'm planning to play on my iMac.

Do any of you know if it'll works well ? I have :

8g of RAM
a Radeon Pro 575
i5 Kaby Lake 3,5gz
5K display

made the steam VR test and it was in the green bar + I'll probably need to buy an USB C to HDMI dongle because iMac don't have HDMI port.

>VR
>Steam
>Mac
You're trolling, right?

I have windows on it

Should've specified. You are forgiven.

Steam on Mac is the 2nd platform by # of games

>computerstories.net/oculus-founder-thinks-macs-are-too-weak-18075

idk OP, seems like u fucked up.

Installing Windows on a mac is trivial. In addition, you can play a lot of games with the specs he listed. Although I would recommend that he gets a little more RAM, assuming he's using the 2017 model that lets you upgrade the RAM.

>Radeon Pro 575
Mac version is slow that RX570

what do you mean ? Is it good ?

it's mediocre, slower than a GTX 1060

good call on Bootcamp, macOS is absolute dogshit for gaming. Every game that has a mac version runs better in windows, whether it's 10% of 100%. Max Payne 3 is one of the worst ones I've tested.

so do you think I'll be able to run some games at least ? It's kinda surprising that the performance test told me that i was good

I don't know how well it will work with the Vive but for regular games it will be okay. My MacBook Pro only has the M370X and I am able to enjoy some games on it in Windows but they're mostly low-end or old games like Depth, Max Payne 3, Metro Redux, Killing Floor 2. That said, your GPU should be much faster but still nowhere ready to run games at native resolution. I'd recommend doing 1440p or maybe even 1080p because the GPU is just not that strong. 4K and above really needs something like a 1080Ti which is probably 3-4x faster than your card.

I usually only use it for gaming when I have people over and I want to let someone use my desktop, or when I am at a friend's place. I love the 5K iMac display though, I would love to use that screen with my 1080Ti.

Fuck off back to mactoddler.

Most VR games run like shit unless you've got a good card, and yours is mediocre.

I think you'll struggle, but it will play some stuff

>retarded gaymer manchild buys a mac to play gaymes
>gets his autistic gaymer station shit pushed in by applel
>throttled to hell by mactrash cooling design
>10 fps in every gayme

HAHAJAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!! Holy fuck that is pure fucking gold!! Maybe you should take this as a sign to go outside and be be something other than subhuman mactoddler gaymer outcast trash.

Or maybe he'll be forced to use it like a normie does, and become a normie. Maybe user will escape this hell.

I'm praying for you OP

The computer actually work pretty well with non-VR game through bootcamp.

Played GTA V on 5K with everything in max + mods without any lags. CEMU worked great too on 2k. Only game I'm having trouble with is PUBG but I think it's optimized like shit

Is VR really that needy ? I just want to play those funny indies games and a few normal games, not really looking in having high end graphics here.

Do you think it would run some “normal“ games such as Resident Evil 7 for example ? I played it on high graphics on this iMac and it run flawlessly

>gaymer manchild
>buys chinkshit iTrash
>actually stupid enough to think he can play gaymes on it
>makes a thread on Sup Forums about it

>Played GTA V on 5K with everything in max + mods without any lags
No you did not, I have an overclocked 1080Ti in my desktop which is faster than even the highest end iMac Pro GPU and it won't run GTA V at 5K60 on the max settings, it won't even do 4K60 perfectly on the max settings.

The only thing worse than a pathetic gaymer manchild is a pathetic gaymer manchild that's also a macfag.

I was as surprised as you are, I just thought the port was really really good.

>become a normie
>owns a mac

>become

Like on most laptops, video out is courtesy of Intel.

>Resident Evil 7
Maybe, at 1080 with some shit turned down, but I wouldn't like to bet money on it.

Radeon Pro 575 = GTX 780

>Mactoddler
>Gaymer manchild
>Tech support poster
3/3 your parents are good at making degenerate abominations. kill yourself and your family.

The iMac Pro is actually great for VR with the new Vega GPU.

Did the game REALLY play at the same resolution of your monitor?

I have a MacBook with a 1600p screen but it can only manage skyrim at like 800p

Fuck off gaymer manchild.

>mac
Found your problem.

Not an expert but the game was beautiful + it did say 5k in the game options so I guess it was true. The thing was smoking hot though.

Is this Radeon Pro 576 GPU bad ? What's the equivalent ?

>manchild needs help with his later macgay gaymer build
Fuck off

Fuck off back to with your gaymer trash, manchild

>he/she doesn't know that video games is the fastest growing media industry in the world
>he/she doesn't know that ~50% of people who enjoy video games are women
>he/she doesn't know that video games are more universally acclaimed across all demographics now than they have ever been before

what kind of cancer are you?

>been here for less than a year
>redditor
>gaymer manchild
>macfaggot
>tech support

Or all of the above?

Isn't it a bit hilarious to anyone else how quickly mactoddler manchildren get triggered when you say their useless hobby is shit? Makes it seem like the criticism holds truth in it. I've never seen it with anything else.

Try it.

Games are for children. No adult should play them. Which is true by the way.

Instantly it's like... WHAT? GAMES AREN'T BAD FOR YOUR SHUT UP WHAT AND ANIME HUH IT'S BAD TOO BUT THIS IS NOT BAD IT'S ART I'M NOT A MANCHILD FUCK OFF

You know? Kind of ironic if you act like exactly what the other person said you are. I guess it's just true. :^]

op here, i don't really play that much game, I don't watch anime and I mainly use my iMac for video editing. Thought a vive could be a fun buy because, well, it's actually seems fun.

>mactoddler manchild thinking he's any better than weebs
hahahaha

Go back to your basement

Fuck back to macgaymer manchild, your doritos are waiting

Well. Was. Nobody getting a decent gaming system is rough at the moment unless you go for a laptop or pre-build.

He was probably just running at 20 fps but didn't realise because he's never had better

>that graph
books sells in incredible low anounts. iirc need you need to sell about 1k copies/week to get into the nytimes best selling list and the top book on amazon sells about 1k copies/day.

Also I love how distorted the graph is, the negatives look a lot less bad than they should be

People seriously need to read more books, good grief.