Between the i5 8600k and R5 1600 which one is the most recommended to get ?

Between the i5 8600k and R5 1600 which one is the most recommended to get ?

Other urls found in this thread:

cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i5-8600K-vs-AMD-Ryzen-5-1600/3941vs3919
youtube.com/watch?v=RpUCESiWiU8
monerobenchmarks.info/searchCPU.php
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Wait for Ryzen 2
In the meantime, install Gentoo

cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i5-8600K-vs-AMD-Ryzen-5-1600/3941vs3919

i5 my bro.

What prices are they at for you? I see the 1600 for $190 and the 8600K for $250 with a promo code on Newegg
The 1600 is probably a better value if you consider board and cooler costs even if you decide to overclock but the 8600K will have a lot better single-thread performance.

always intel

go back to plebbit with your userbenchmark. Literally the worst place to get benchmarks

What's the alternative.

Anything other than a website that shows intel atom as better alternative to i7. Just get some real digits at passmark or watch a youtube comparison with actual gameplay/other tasks.

>I see the 1600 for $190 and the 8600K for $250
I'm going with the 1600 then

>pissmark

1600 is $170 and an i5 8600k is $230 right now at microcenter

Also consider the 8400, which is the non-overclockable (cheaper) i5 model and is otherwise the exact same as the 8600K. Compared to the 1600, it has a substantial lead in single-thread, but also a substantial loss in multi-thread.

youtube.com/watch?v=RpUCESiWiU8

but you have to still get a z370 motherboard because that's what's only available.

i5-8600k for better single core performance
R5 1600 if you want cheaper mobos and better multicore perf

That's a pretty big downside but as a 1600 owner I personally wouldn't consider it a dealbreaker if I had to choose now.

You know fucking dick about technology. End your life.

So your saying you aren't happy with your 1600 ? What's wrong with it so far ?

I5

The grass is always greener on the other side

>b-b-but it's my favorite website

>non-overclockable
lol

No, I am happy with my 1600. Best choice at the time and still a good choice right now.
Sometimes it can seem that way though

>paying 80 dollars for a k skew
The real cucks

>single core gaymes are soo last centuries ago
R5 1600 for better multithreaded performance

what motherboard are you using?

You can overclock the 1600 on a decent b350 whereas you need a z370 and it's the only board out for coffee lake at the moment

Or I can just not buy intel, one's for locked cucks and the other has shit value.

Currently I have two systems, one with a Pro4 and another with a Taichi
Pro4 is a very good budget option because it goes on sale for $50-60
Taichi has some really amazing VRMs and it's generally alright

>ryzen2
you mean ryzen+

It's Ryzen 2, but it uses the Zen+ architecture.

>i5 6 cores at 110% performance 6 threads = 660%
>R5 6 cores at 100% performance 12 threads = 1200%
Go with R5

is taichi the same thing as pro4 just "gamery" or am I mistaken?

so what are they going to call Zen 2?

why the fuck are you replying to my post?

Ryzen 3

Taichi is X370 (SLI support, more I/O, more PCI-e) and has an external clock generator (BCLK). Pro4 is B350 and has unstable overclocks past a certain point because of vdroop.

monerobenchmarks.info/searchCPU.php

Ryzen is very good at mining monero. Install nicehash legacy and get ~2$ +/- with ryzen 1600.

Will have paid for itself in less than a year.

>mining with CPU
Good luck with multiple socket motherboards.

but ryzen 3 already exists

Worst option bth senpai

Nicehash let's you withdraw at 0.001 BTC to your coinbase account for free. No fees.

If you also will mine wit your GPU, under power it. 70 - 80%. Overlock memory and core a little. Keep it cool, 60 - 70 C max.

sure thing, schlomo. enjoy wasting money on motherboard every time you want a new CPU

Their naming conventions are fucked

>what is cryptonight algorithm

CPU's are actually viable. A 1600X yields 420 H/s, whice is about $1.5 a day with current (low) prices.

Use nicehash internal wallet for free withdrawal to coinbase. Make nicehash account

Yes goyim buy amds rebanded 1600 every year

>forgetting about Spectre
>forgetting about Meltdown

Right, so you intend to purchase a gimped processor, and H.A.N.K. is trying to edge you towards Intel. You aren't gonna wait, OP?

yes goyim buy rebranded 2700k every year

so's intel's

Very true

Kek, my 8400 performs a 6700k. Dont kid yourself. Not going to upgrade for several years

and AMD outperform their last gen every time aswell, except faildozer

I was gonna buy ryzen but its just flat out worse at emulators and games. Would be nice in my work pc but the 4970 i7 is enough

You mean facts?

>emulators
depends on the program
>games
less than a few percent now after Intel's "fixed" the security holes

>That box
Doctor approved for gaming

"Best" Atom & "worst" i7.
Userbenchmark is okay for a basic idea, but what most people on here do is post the effective/single core score/s, as opposed to multi.
I gotta say that I agree on actually watching youtube comparisons for the most part, however.

What shit are you on right now

Probably the worst CPU option as far as budget goes

>depends on the program
kek. A Ryzen is only equivalent to a quad core i7 on RPCS3, and only the 1700.

>less than a few percent now after Intel's "fixed" the security holes
Now that's pure bullshit. Patches don't affect games at all.

everything is affected, retard. games just way less because there's barely any IO happening compared to the highly affected cases like server shit

as much as i hate intel with passion, i have to point out that you made a mistake there. Logical core =/= physical in terms of performance. Also, i'd go with Ryzen because of AM4 support until 2020, so you could upgrade without buying a mobo (of you buy a good one now)

Do you think i7 is a magic brand or something? That fist core generation is terrible when comparated to anything modern.

>the absolute state of amd shills

>absolute autism of intel shills cant detect obvious jokes

Like I said, the performance impact is negligible.

>they actually took my shit seriously
kek

>GHURRRRR DURRRRRRRR I WAS JUST PLAYING STUPID

No, I was just pretending!!!1

Someone with that level of humour... I bet you watch Rick & Morty too!

No value.

Muh games muh dude

>damage control intensifies

get some friends dude, you're doing this on purpose just to initiate a contact with another human beans because you are lonely. You're like that grandma in a supermarket who bumps you just to have a small talk, except you're a piece of shit

Probably some odd thread optimisation
The 6700K is objectively more capable than the 8400, but 4/8 optimisation is probably separate from 6/6

Not really when the 8400 is within 2% of a 7700k

>says the desperate kike-lover

>AMD no bettur then suxs!!!

People like you should be sent to the gulags

wait ryzen 2, the 2600 will be allround better

Nice argument

As if you brought anything to the table