Now that windows has totally shit the bed, are my dreams over for building a new gaming computer ever again...

Now that windows has totally shit the bed, are my dreams over for building a new gaming computer ever again? There is no fucking way in hell I'm ever installing 8 or 10.

Other urls found in this thread:

windowscentral.com/windows-core-polaris
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Windows is not near as bad as video card prices, and still doesn't top memory prices. Stop being a bitch

Shut up, cunt. Nobody wants that trash.

Windows is dropping support for all non UWP programs.

And nothing intelligent was found here

Are you fr? Source?

>i tried to use 8 and 10
>windows has shit the bed
You were supposed to stick with 7 you ass.

windowscentral.com/windows-core-polaris
>Microsoft is building a true 'modern' version of Windows 10 for PCs codenamed Polaris
>Microsoft is building a new version of Windows 10, codenamed Polaris, for traditional PC form factors that strips out legacy components in favor of a more modern OS.

Legacy in this case meaning everything useful, like the win32 api, notepad, paint, and the ability to install programs that didn't come from the windows store.
Think Apple iOS, but now as your desktop operating system.

I don't see the problem here. Can't you just reinstall Windows 7?

If you can't afford those things at the current prices, then maybe you should be less concerned with video games and more concerned with getting your life in order so you can afford things.

Does having a well paying job mean that you should throw money at things? Cards and memory kits being priced at double of their MSRP should not be acceptable for any consumer.

How much longer do you think Windows 7 will continue to work on new hardware?
It's already a pain to install on Ryzen or any Intel processor newer than Skylake.

Also,
>more concerned with getting your life in order so you can afford things.
Nigga, I built my entire computer for less the price that the video card in it costs now.
Prices are inflated as fuck.

>How much longer do you think Windows 7 will continue to work on new hardware?
Until 20XX. Same as XP will still work with basically any hardware setup these days.

You've got until 2020 to enjoy the last great OS. Use some of that time to figure out where you'll go next.

The fact that windowscentral treats this as a good thing pisses me the fuck off. I hate how smartphones turned out the way they did and are now leaking into desktop computing. Smartphones could have been amazing. Imagine a smartphone without any of the locked down-ness they have now. But that's not what normies want and now desktop focused companies are catching on.

1: I have for my home computer
2: I've used 8 at work and 10 doesn't seem better (worse even in some ways)
3: I'm trying to get a NEW computer for home, but none of the options look good at this point

>Can't you just reinstall Windows 7?
I can, but it's hard to find a computer that has modern enough hardware specs that I can play even Steam games (need Direct X 11, for example, and that's the absolute max 7 can deal with), and I'm not going through the hassle of building my own PC.

>How much longer do you think Windows 7 will continue to work on new hardware?
Basically this. I'm not just worried about now. I'm worried about the near future. 7 is old as shit already, and I don't ever plan on going any further up the Microsoft cancer ladder.

>Use some of that time to figure out where you'll go next.
There doesn't really seem to be anywhere else to go. That's my point.

Start looking at ReactOS or WINE.
Wine actually has pretty good compatibility once you install the usual dependencies, like .NET and C++ redistributables.

ReactOS isn't quite there yet, but it's getting ready to really take off. It can play Skyrim though.

8.1 isn't bad. It's stable. The only thing wrong is the GUI.

Disgusting. Neck yourself.

>Think Apple iOS, but now as your desktop operating system.
christ
people will still use it which is the scary part

Mine is:
Win7 until security updates stop->win8.1 until security updates stop->Linux