Would you agree that modern Greeks are not related to the ancient Greeks...

Would you agree that modern Greeks are not related to the ancient Greeks? Since they don't produce great philosophy or literature, how can they be the same people?

Other urls found in this thread:

english.albeu.com/news/news/die-welt-greeks-are-not-real-greeks-/206654/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Would you agree that modern Greeks are not related to the ancient Greeks?
No.

>Since they don't produce great philosophy or literature, how can they be the same people?
Because they are.
Just like you are a large chunk of fat tissue that wouldn't survive traveling more than 10 miles inland. You're still American, just not identical to the first ones.

In the name of Zeus! That is true!

Would you agree that modern Americans are not related to humans? Since modern humans don't shart in their marts or use mobility scooters to move, how can they be the same species?

>Since they don't produce great philosophy or literature, how can they be the same people?
Who produces great literature and philosophy in the XXI century? Nobody (almost). The society in ancient times was different.

they're just an evolutionary dead end, spics will replace them

At least we work Geogious

>Greek 'banter'

We are not Ancient Greeks, but we're descended from Ancient Greeks, just how many Italians are descended from Romans, but aren't Romans themselves

simple as that really

Only their mitochondrial DNA is anything interesting. They are basically Yugoslavia except for the language. However, they still have ancient Greek ancestors. I think you are right in that culturally they are very different than ancient Greeks.

>Just like you are a large chunk of fat tissue that wouldn't survive traveling more than 10 miles inland. You're still American, just not identical to the first ones.

>culturally

Everyone is different culturally than people 2,500 years ago Juan

your ass is on flames :DDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Modern Greece has virtually no connection with the Hellenes of the ancient world. Any serious scholar will tell you this is true. Modern Greece was founded in 1824, and the population largely consisted of transplanted Albanian and slavs as well as christian refugees from the old Ottoman empire. Considering that the Athenian city state was in its prime roughly 2300 years ago, and began its fall after Alexander the Great invaded in 325 BC. The very word "Greek" is a misnomer in that it was never used as a self description by the peoples who occupied that peninsula during their era. Modern Greeks got their name during the mid-nineteenth century, mostly from European writers and intellectuals who wished to resurrect the glories of Ancient Athens and its Golden Age.

Sorry but this is the truth and no amount of wishing can change the fact that in terms of culture, history, language and DNA, the modern Greek state has nothing to do with the old.

Literature
This is tough as it's usually future generations that ultimately judge if it's great. However, the English speaking world spews out a lot of literature and a fair amount is fairly good.
Philosophy
Phenomenology, Pragmatism and Analytic philosophy are all still things. It's pretty much English speakers and Krauts though.

sucking america's dick won't save you from being enslaved Roachoglu

What? Greeks DO call themselves Hellenes, Greece is only the english word for it just as you said wtf

Well there was a brain drain so all the intelligent greeks moved to the new world and what was left over was the peasants

Ofcourse but that's why I don't pretend I'm some Germanic/Celtic warrior. Or even if I lived in Germany or Britain would I pretend I was somehow a direct continuance of my ancestors.

Well, consumeristic literature has always existed and most of it is not considered relevant today. And philosophy is much less important today than in the past.

no one in Greece pretends he is a Spartan warrior the son of Leonidas, but that doesn't mean we can't take pride or love our country's history

>Greece is only the english word
A lot of countries use a similar word as Greek for you guys. In fact it's only like Finland or some other country around their that use a word based on Hellenic.

>sucking america's dick won't save you from being enslaved
what did you mean by that, mehmet

Sorry I confused you with Monkeydonians.

you could hear if your antennas were working properly Mehmetopoulos

top lel

Modern day greeks are in no way shape or form related to Ancient Greeks, modern greeks are just a mixture of Albanian, Turkish, Bulgarian, and even Slavish decent.

english.albeu.com/news/news/die-welt-greeks-are-not-real-greeks-/206654/

Anglos have deformed the ancient greeks so much for their own cultural use that I'd be more willing to say that the "ancient greeks" aren't relation to the ancient greeks

>mfw when anglos say their cultural heritage started with the Greeks
>Mfw the anglos think the ancient greeks were light skinned and light eyed
>Anglos ACTUALLY believe this

butthurt analbanian is butthurt because even fyromians make fun of him

When people ask you where you're from you tell them you're Greek or Serbian?

ancient greeks that were blonde were so rare that they were called "golden haired"