Tfw a European bullies you for caring about your heritage

>tfw a European bullies you for caring about your heritage

Heritage mentality is damaging to American unity, and furthermore it's pointless.

We all live like Anglos, so trying to grab at an identity you'll never live by only serves to promote disunity.

It doesn't necessarily have to be disuniting. You can learn about and appreciate your heritage without abandoning America.

Europeans go to war because of their heritage. Europeans hate one another, they are not the same (even though they are).

there was a reason why your ancestors left their shithole

Your great great grandfather being half Irish doesn't mean shit desu.

doesn't matter if you have 50% german blood, if you are not raised as a german you are not german

It was funny because I was one asked what my ethnicity was.
Ethnically, I'm totally Anglo, I an a WASP in all my lifestyle but I'm expected to say "German" because of my last name.
It's really weird when you think about it.

It's slightly more recent ancestrally speaking than that. My great grandfather came from what was then Czechoslovakia.

I never claimed to be the nationality of my country of ancestry.

so in other words you CAN raise a cat in a dog house?

>muh heritage

MUH HERITUGE

WE WUZ IRISH N SHIT, ALL 40 MILLION OF US

>Wanting to be connected with the shithole that is Europe

i like when yanks are interested in their heritage

it's cute 2bh

>Howdy fellow french BROTHER, did you know I was FRENCH as well
>Oh nice man, where are you from ? Normandy ? Alsace ?
>I'm american but also french after all my great great grand father by alliance was 1/64th french you know ! hon hon
>Oui

>tfw you are bullied for being proud of your german heritage

t. Tyrone Hernandez

Your heritage not making you part of the previous group (cats) is not a fact that makes you part of the new group (dogs). Some groups will be more open than others, and some people will never belong to either. That's why racemixing is or can be bad in places that aren't for example Brazil.

Even if you were 50% slovak by blood, you're not more slovak than someone with 0% if you live in the USA to be honest.

Maybe in another, more exclusive nation it would be different.

Whatever we can just wipe them off the face of the planet and rewrite history if it comes down to it.

>Heritage mentality is damaging to American unity
No what's damaging that is pretending we're all equal and the same while also memeing about diversity meaning strength

But they're right though. Its nice to know where you come from, but if you don't live with the tribe, who really cares?

It isn't the heritage mentality itself, but siding it with preconceptions.

He was from the part of Czechoslovakia that is now Czechia actually.

And I never claimed that I am Czech, just that i have Czech heritage and Czech blood.

They just do not get it desu
Heritage has always been a huge part of the American identity for everyone except for blacks who had to meme up their own
It's only recently that it's been scrubbed into white/Asian/etc Americans

>says the yankee who's countrie's yearly death rates are from another dimension.

What did he mean by this?

>BraziL
>less deaths than Argentina, American, and Europe

Bullshit but I believe it.

Nope. It's literally just diversity that is cancer.

Americans ought to be one, Anglo, identity as it was meant to be

>Go to Europe
>Get shot
>Go to Europe
>Get bombed
>Go to Europe
>Get trucked
>Go to Europe
>Get beheaded

death rate is nor murder rate

countries with more old people have higher death rates.

He said death rate, not murder rates, you illiterate spic

This, Europes a lost cause. It's undergoing Brazilification as we speak. Just let it all burn.

Fuck Europe and fuck Europeans

You're browner than us fatty.

>Average European street

Only idiots cares about heritage desu

Despite what most miserable Sup Forums users are like, many European people appreciate, try to understand, and occasionally even envy heritage people like myself, and presumably also you OP.

I spent the last year living in an undisclosed Nordic country on student exchange, and I picked it because part of my mom's family is from there. The residents of the nation were A) interested to see someone from their diaspora with the genuine interest in their nation B) polite C) positively helpful, especially in archival and library settings. Seriously, don't let Sup Forums get to you.

I've been to numerous countries where my ancestors come from (I'm essentially just British Isles and Nordic background, with some distant Norman French and Dutch/German Frisian from the late 1600s) and almost anyone you mention it to is nice about it. In Ireland for example, my mom's grandad was Irish, and when we were there to visit and do some genealogical exploring, people were super friendly and they expressed how great it was to see people come so far not only to appreciate Ireland but to try to understand themselves further.

But then think about almost all of the Irishmen on Sup Forums - they utterly hate that with miserable passion.

I don't get it. If you inherit any of your parents' culture, the proper response should be to focus n it rather than wherever you were raised. Move to the old country, start voting, start a business, help improve that society. Don't just try to preserve whatever meaningless, outdated ideas of the country you want, wearing a nationality like a style of clothing.

>Only idiots cares about heritage desu
Nah. Heritage is good. To know your roots, what makes you yourself, this kind of stuff.

The problem is when you use heritage as an attempt of superiority. It's akin to nationalism, you know? Hunger power tempered with self-deception.

>I'm a German-American!
>Name: Rodrigo Pablo Williams
everytime, the thing is most of us can see right through your heritage claims as being false, none of you except the famous rich Americans have any idea about your real family history

>tfw French heritage
>makes both the people who complain about people saying they have heritage butthurt and also everyone else because it's French heritage

Literally the best heritage to have.

>none of you except the famous rich Americans have any idea about your real family history
Not necessarily; tracking the heritage up to the 5th generation is easy enough, by simply asking your grandparents about their grandparents.

>mfw I have a hand-written life story including photos and letters from my immigrant great grandfather
>mfw my last name is a slight Americanization of a weird Czech name

>tfw being American means you materialized out of thin air

How many times have we won science now?

>implying most Americans aren't raised by single mothers

I'd be glad if a foreigner found some connection to my country. So many people take their national cultures for granted. Don't see that in "heritage" people.

This is quickly changing due to external influences - Catholics have plenty children and they're against "knock her up and leave" tactics.

Vad menar du?

(Jag lärde en lite svenska förra året)