My teammate who didn't do shit all for this assignment just posted this in our group chat

My teammate who didn't do shit all for this assignment just posted this in our group chat.

He's 50 and doesn't even know how to use git.

How do I respond?

>i started and run a multimillion dollar company
>but had to teach in the army for the last 10 years
lol

He's not wrong. If you're satisfied with an 80 you should just give up now, you'll never even finish one degree much less two. The best you can hope for is to run 1.5 multi-thousand dollar companies and spend 5 years teaching in the coast guard.

>How do I respond?
Don't. He could probably beat you op.

Jesus fucking Christ.

I guess I should drop out now.

Idk he's a fat manlet

say:

"Sorry buckaroo, maybe next time ;)"

I would be a passive aggressive bitch and tell the teacher that some of the group members haven't been pulling their weight in the project. If you have proof of the work that you have done and your other teammates then you are good.
I don't care too much if i'm the one doing most of the work. But if I am doing most of the work you can be damn sure that I choose what grade I get. Even if it is barely passing. If you are being carried through a project be kind respectful and stfu. dont try to boss people around

An 80 is a fucking B-, who the fuck wants to hire a mouth-breathing retard? You better have some serious extracurriculars, otherwise if you're a no-internship, no-clubs, B- shitter, I'd rather work the team harder with one less person temporarily than hire a fucking scrublord. Seriously, a Pajeet does better.

80% doesn't sound so bad if only 80% of the team was actually doing the work

In what world is an 80 a B-? It's a B ro B+ for most stem classes.

jesus christ please be fake. my heart

How is the mastering of blockchain going ?

>B-
>mouth-breathing retard
Try going to a school with higher admission standards and lower grade inflation

>we would have a pretty good chance at getting an a+ if you actually did any work
TALK SHIT GET HIT

Suggest that if VS isn't his cup of tea then he could try learning emacs instead

You should probably take his advice

He could. We are making a game in openGL so it's not like VS is required.

Git is tho. And any programmer should know it

If he's 50, has run companies and taught in the army, he should have learned how to interact with peers.

Unless all he did was boss dummies around.

Link him a youtube video to getting started with c++ git and VS

i hope i'm not this whiny and self unaware when i'm old

You will, you and I someday.

Maybe it’s because I’m almost 40, but really, fucking listen to him. I argued for months at work to some kids that they needed a database to track state and they couldn’t rely on websockets instead of polling from an external system, they wouldn’t listen. Guess what they now have constant issues with and have to implement? Those with experience know.

Honestly if hes so successful why is he at uni for anything more than general interest and fun

Doesn't know git, or doesn't know any VCS? Git is relatively new, I wouldn't blame him if he learned on CVS/SVN and never saw the need to move to something else. But if he doesn't know any VCS tool then he's just incompetent.

just because you're old and happened to be right doesn't mean he can also be assumed to be

Current age: 50.
2 degrees @4 years per: 8 years.
Army teaching: 10 years.
Therefore: He had founded 2 (or more) multimillion companies by the time he was 32.

What an amazing guy.

I'd outright start nicking his incompetence. Tell him his life experience means nothing. Send him some tutorials and tell him to come back when he can do baby's first git.

It's not. He also wants to blame the teaching assistant for our grade.

List a big-name company that offers internships that doesn't mind that you're below a 3.0.

3.0 is the cuttoff for a very large portion of companies for both recent-grads and interns. All the "decent" companies toss out your resume if it's under 3.5

So how is B- NOT mouthbreathing?

Do you know what his existing degrees are in? Anything technical?

>Maybe it’s because I’m almost 40
No, maybe because you have experience and knowledge in what you are talking about. Mr 10-years-army-and-two-degrees does not sound like he does.

*mocking his incompetence

This guy says he doesn't know VS or C++. I doubt he has any real insight.

For internships maybe, but after you've got a few years experience under your belt your GPA doesn't matter nearly as much.

NO!

Associate of Arts from local community college and a welding certificate.

>80 is B+
u wot

90s is A range
80s is B range
70s is C range
60s is D range

80 is the lowest possible B grade it has to be B-

>I've founded and run more than one multimillion dollar company
>Now I want to code C++ with students less than half my age

Weird. UK grading is more brutal. 70 gets you a first, the top score. I almost never met anyone who scored over an 80

he needs to do his fucking share of the work or his opinion can be safely discounted. If i was partnered up with some asshole who was giving orders when he is in the same boat as me then of course i will do things my way. Its not even that i'm not willing to learn or accept criticism. It's more that if i have to do equal work with someone and they laze around then I will do it my way. idc if its a piece of shit if its good enough to pass then its gonna get turned in. Now if he decided to help and give advice then id be more inclined to listen.
Also school and work are different things.

tell him to install gentoo

How did you infer the second thing came after the first?

just say "thank you for your service"

why does he do it?

I seem to remember reading that 70+ in a UK degree is roughly equivalent to a 4.0 GPA. UK grading seems to be done so that most people get something between 40 and 70, if I remember correctly.

>making a game
what are you doing, a game design degree?

No idea. But he has brought it up at least 3 times.

American system sucks compared to what I've heard of in the UK

Hahahaha
Average GPA at Harvey Mudd is 3.3. And I guarantee the average mudd alum is not getting their resume tossed out of any company with a remotely competent hiring manager.

He is probably too smart to run companies

Computer Science. This is a 4th year special course. You need a decent GPA and a graphics background to take it. We had some programmers from Simpsons Road Rage and Total war lecture us for a week and now we have a semester to make a game from scratch in openGL.

Only 4 more months...

Maybe he wanted a 3rd degree to go with a 3rd multimillion dollar business

I went to college in the US and a lot of higher level classes worked about the same way. Tests were hard as fuck, average scores around 50% and stuff like that. But professors had wide discretion when it came to mapping those numbers to letter grades / GPAs.

What's wrong with this?

I'm 25 and i'm about to start CS. Any advice?

Don't want to end up like this 50 year old manchild.

Don't limit yourself to a single programming language.

Pay attention. Study, don't party. Learn the skills that will make you employable when you grad.

And if you are programming: GIGO. Always, forever, guaranteed 100%: GIGO.

just do your work and ignore the mental illness all around you
you'll be fine

At a university I went to, the math courses have a curve that automatically fails the bottom 70% of students. You needed around an 86 to pass.

Read Code Complete (either 1 or 2)

wtf, wouldn't lots of people drop out because they don't see a chance to compete?

>that automatically fails the bottom 70% of students
Why would they do this?

>group projects
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Never stop and start now, I am 23, already graduated with Microsoft under my CV and STILL feel lagging behind, the competition is absurd.

Allow me to interpret

>I've founded and run more than one multi-million dollar company
I had a really bad idea that I'm deluded into believing it was a really good idea and I fantasize about turning it into a successful business.

>I spent 10 years teaching in the army
I couldn't actually hack it in the real world so I taught at an organization that preys on desperate kids who are physically forced to listen to my shitty lectures and cant complain about how shit they are. I've come to think of myself as very important because of the lack of criticism.

>I may not be the best c++ coder
>80 is not okay. I haven't had a grade less than A+
I think I can boss you around like I bossed helpless troops around and command you to do the work while I take the credit.

This post reeks of bullshit. Multimillion dollar businesses but is in uni in his 50s? Yeah fuckin right. Fucking conman getting others to do his work

dont be a cunt.
be humble
learn as much as you can

>2/3 of all students receive no credit and have to retake the class
That sounds like a scam tbdesu. Was this one of those for-profit schools or something?

If the university gets a lot of garbage-tier students, it makes sense. This will help push the garbage into STEMless fields like sociology or journalism.

He's probably lying, but just in case he's not, sounds like he has a fuck ton of experience. You should listen to him!

what

I wonder who could behind this post...

But he literally said you need an 86 to pass!

>Multimillion dollar businesses but is in uni in his 50s? Yeah fuckin right
Seems reasonable to me. Founder of a multimillion dollar business = he got a few million from the sale, never has to work again in his life. He's probably retired and looking for something to keep him busy. Taking some college classes to learn some new stuff isn't a bad option, if you've got it

This could be true especially if he already has two degrees. This means he's paying for everything out of pocket unlike OP

The drop period was like 1 or 2 weeks it's too late once harder math comes up.

It's a big school that wants to become elite in STEM.

My uni does the same, but it fails 90% of students. There's one guy who's been taking the same calc II course for over 10 years now, poor fella.

It fails the bottom 70% of the class. The actual grade will change from semester to semester.

That number isn't relevant. I've had exams where 40% was a passing grade. The fact that 70% of students fail tells you a lot more than the literal scores

>It's a big school that wants to become elite in STEM.
Name and shame, please

>Since you're clearly a millionaire give me your money or I'll fucking stab you

??

you can tell he's gone soft by his writing.

Company worth != Personal income

Explain that running a company is not the same as running a coffee grind to produce a constant time search algorithm.

>wasting your life with pajeet++
nah, he needs money

Why doesn't he change schools? WHY doesn't he know it by heart?

>multi-thousand dollar companies
kek

Imagine a scenario where he bottom 70% all score above a 90. Just wtf

>10 years

yeah right. as if. He'll probably just turn to stone if he ever completes it.

>who
I'm just a faggot. I'm no one special. All I have to do on a friday night is shitpost. sorry

It's not a meme school like ITT.

>the passing grade changed each year
You are correct.

Go apply to SpaceX right now and watch your application get instantly denied you fucking mouth breather.

This made me giggle.
Its a great pun, thanks for that user.

>math class
>you either know it or you don't
>competition based curve that outright fails over two thirds of the class, regardless of how well they know the material
Sounds like bullshit.

if he runs multi-million dollar companies why the fuck is he at school?

While I didn’t take the class, I know my school (SUNY) had that system for Physics. Your grade was your percentile.

hes titillating himself

Kek. If my GPA was actually under 3.5, I would be telling you a firsthand account about getting hired straight after graduation despite being a "mouthbreather" according to your garbage metrics, instead of making a handwavy argument based on averages. Plus that was five years ago, nobody gives a shit about my GPA any more.