Try to peacefully secede and leave a Union which no longer benefits either party

>Try to peacefully secede and leave a Union which no longer benefits either party
>Brutally invaded, cities burned, near genocide on Southern people
>Yankees celebrate it while shaming Turkey, Serbia, and other countries for doing the same thing

Really makes you think...

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/5OKdbc0DYpM
youtube.com/watch?v=pcy7qV-BGF4
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bear_River_Massacre
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Southern """"People""""

The South attacked first. Also,
>slavers
>worth protecting

>southern people
if sherman had finished the job america would be a much more peaceful prosper country

How so? We asked you nicely to leave our country and instead you got into war mode at Fort Sumter.

What would the UN say today about something like that? They'd put sanctions and you might even be invaded.

Moral equivalence in history?

Preposterous!

>We hate the South so much we died in droves to keep them from leaving
t. Billy Yank

I'm a southerner. You had no legal right to secede and the 'referendums' you held on the matter were sketch as fuck.

t. descendant of pro-union southerners

you're not even cosplayng as a country you're cosplayng as a confederacy of states

beyond pathetc

>people elect senators and governors who support the secessionist ideals
I'm not saying it was the right or wrong thing to do, but how is that sketch?

It's kinda confusing, but I think he means "we" as simply to mean southerners both past and present.

Not le epik roleplay.

>he

This

Southerners aren't human

Then why could'nt we have our own subhuman nation?

Jesus Christ how can people be this butthurt for so fucking long. You're the most assblasted group of people on the planet except maybe those eastern europeans that bring up thousand year old wars

Fuck off

Sherman also hated the native Americans and wanted to eradicate them.

What a hero

Sorry, I forgot to use my gender-neutral pronouns.
*xe

You'd fuck it up lien Mexico and all your subhuman a would escape here, even more subhuman than they are now.

>Texas escaped harm
Feels good

Iktf bro

All the states worth saving made it (Virginia, Texas, etc.)

>You'd fuck it up lien Mexico and all your subhuman a would escape here, even more subhuman than they are now.
>lien
>all your subhuman
>a would
Stay in school kids

So you're saying the proper course to stop illegal immigration is just to annex and make them all citizens anyway?

No, we should have genocided you and sent the blacks back to Africa. We didn't go far enoughz

But because we're countrymen I can simply move up north and start getting my southern-ness all over the place.

Never could've done it. Yank k:d ratio was laughable, you'd have to let us sue for peace.

>genocide on Southern people
Please. Southerners aren't an ethnic group and even if they were, they got off relatively easy compared to the losses seen in other civil wars. Lincoln could have had the entire white population of the south imprisoned and had their property confiscated for use by newly freed blacks. No one in the international community would have condemned him and to be honest, you reb fucks probably would have deserved it.

Instead you got to go home and oppress black people through other institutions. Even the leaders of the confederacy escaped prosecution for their numerous crimes against the United States.

tl;dr fuck off

The South without Southerners would be GOAT

>Muh KD
Off to the camps with you Tyrone :^)

>Scotland would be great if it wasn't for the Scots

>You have no legal right to self governance based on some old doucment from nearly a hundred years ago

Yeah sounds legal, moral, and legit. That's what Serbia said to the other Yugo states, btw.

Nice bait phakket.
Coming from a person born and raised in the south, I hope you take a Swiss knife and cut off your balls so you don't breed.

>Start a war
>Get invaded
>People die

Maybe the south should of thought before it shot.

t. "southerner" from NoVa

you fucking little piece of inbred trailer garbage don't you EVER leave me again.

>Serbia, and other countries for doing the same thing
The truth is finally out.

Except you deserved it.

Stop trying to make the confederate south some romantic caricature you dirtfucker. You make the rest of us look bad

It amuses me how whenever Dixiefags paint a picture of Southern life, it's always through the lens of some rich plantation owner that made up 0.05% of the population

Who is "us", you cuck

u fuggers deserved it
how dare you hold africans as slaves
fkn imperialist dogs

The other 95% of southerners who could care less about the civil war.

Absolutely not the nature here is horrific

It's not that bad. Sure it's humid as shit, and the mosquitoes might drain you dry, but other than that it's fine.

north US is gay

I think Missouri and Virginia and those like them are perfectly good, but I'm speaking as a Texasfag, from most of the gulf area.

>Peacefully secede
How about no
>Union which no longer benefits either party
All you had to do was not use slaves and give the working class a somewhat humane wage, and you could have reaped all the benefits BUUTTT MUH COTTON was just too important.
>Brutally invaded, cities burned, near genocide on Southern people
No, yes, no. Cities only burn if you build all your fucking buildings out of wood in temperatures which can only be described as satan's armpit, genius.
>Yankees celebrate it while shaming Turkey, Serbia, and other countries for doing the same thing
They celebrated it because it was a relatively peaceful reunion, especially when one side uses soldiers to fight for a cause that means they have to keep being slaves if you win.

>W-w-we did it to be good sports

You did it because you got your ass handed to you. And because you fuckers couldn't grow up, you had shit like Jim Crow which put back social progress what, until the 1950s? 60s?

Genocide is when you lose the war, or don't even have a war, and you get rounded up, marched away and shot to death indiscriminately like cockroaches. Not when you have to stop raping berry the slave girl when you come home from work.

Did the Native Americans deserve it too?

>relatively peaceful reunion
the civil war saw the most amount of lives lost in american history

Hey Brit nobody cares a fuck for your uninformed opinion .

Genocide is what happens to your teeth by the age of 30.

youtu.be/5OKdbc0DYpM

You're right. Maybe we didn't fight the war to maintain the union.
Maybe we did it because we wanted to see slavers burn.

that would be Donticide if anything.

Etymology of the word genocide implies killing a race or people not the calcified structure in your mouth.

that's pretty based

This. The failure and premature end of Reconstruction is one of this nation's greatest internal tragedies.

Sherman didn't go far enough it seems

>peaceful reunion
It is still the war that cost the most American lives of all time, IIRC. That being said, you're not wrong about the rest.

Not necessarily, but I like a US that goes coast to coast.

>"''''''''''''''''''''''peaceful''''''''''''''''''''''''''
>Confederate Troops literally attack Fort Sumter

>The south attacked first
>Slavery
>Memes

The southern states collectively came together and decided to leave the union, because remember kiddos: states use to actually be STATES. Not some old traditional lines on the map that don't mean anything. The northern "states" (at this point they were controlled entirely by federalist) decided freedom would be be allowed to shine and did everything in their power to destroy the south collectively. In the end freedom lost and we have the United States today a giant federal state. There's nothing "united" or "states" about it.

>States dont mean anything
Top meme, friend.

The South was pretty self destructive. You relied on human labor during a time of Industrialism, you were backwards and retarded for opening fire on a base. Got what you deserved.

>Foreign nation posts troops in your territory
>Tell them to leave
>They don't

>Foreign nation

>Illegitimate Nation
You cant argue morals when the entire backbone of the Southern Economy was human slave labor during a time of industrialization.

What does America even need to South for? The North richer, better educated and still mostly white.

It's where we keep most of our blacks and rednecks

>It's a southerner denies the civil war was about slavery thread.

>It's a brainwashed liberal denies the union did anything wrong
You can say the states seceding was due to slavery, but the war itself was caused by the union not respecting that secession and saying states do not have the right to secede. There's a reason it's called the war of northern aggression.

Immediately after the war, Dodge proposed enslaving the Plains Indians and forcing them “to do the grading” on the railroad beds, “with the Army furnishing a guard to make the Indians work, and keep them from running away”. Union army veterans were to be the “overseers” of this new class of slaves. Dodge’s proposal was rejected; the U.S. government decided instead to try to kill as many Indians as possible.

In his memoirs, Sherman has high praise for Thomas Clark Durant, the vice president of the Union Pacific Railroad, as “a person of ardent nature, of great ability and energy, enthusiastic in his undertaking”. Durant was also the chief instigator of the infamous Credit Mobilier scandal, one of the most shocking examples of political corruption in U.S. history. Sherman himself had invested in railroads before the war, and he was a consummate political insider, along with Durant, Dodge, and his brother, Senator John Sherman.

President Grant made his old friend Sherman the army’s commanding general, and another Civil War luminary, General Phillip Sheridan, assumed command on the ground in the West. “Thus the great triumvirate of the Union Civil War effort,” writes Sherman biographer Michael Fellman, “formulated and enacted military Indian policy until reaching, by the 1880s, what Sherman sometimes referred to as ‘the final solution of the Indian problem’”.

What Sherman called the “final solution of the Indian problem” involved “killing hostile Indians and segregating their pauperized survivors in remote places.” “These men,” writes Fellman, “applied their shared ruthlessness, born of their Civil War experiences, against a people all three [men] despised. . . . Sherman’s overall policy was never accommodation and compromise, but vigorous war against the Indians,” whom he regarded as “a less-than-human and savage race”

>B-but they was oppressing the blacks

We arent in the right, but neither are you. Human Slave Labor, Backwards, Aggressive Policies, and you couldn't even hold your own against the North in the end (gee I wonder why)

ah yes, the south, the eternal victims

>it's called the war of northern aggression

>l-l-look.. other people wanted to do it to... that means it was ok....

>l-look the s-same people that were against slavery for blacks were f-for slavery and eradication for Native Americans

>When you cant keep up with the Northern Economy so you start a war and loose hard

>implying the South didnt also meddle in Anti-Indian affairs
Or atleast your "culture" did, after and before the war.

Last Confederate general to surrender was a Cherokee chief and Native Americans had representation in the Confederacy.

>at least your "culture"
No Irish need apply

>Peacefully secede
False.
>Brutually Invaded
Ha ha the victim. Confederate Forces invaded the North just as hard,and were winning the beginning of the war.
>Celebrate it< Because in the end we became friends.

>Southerners are so uneducated, they can't even tell when they're using a tu quoque fallacy.

>implying the Confederacy didn't simply try to curry favor with the Indians so that they could help them against the Union

Actually, other than slavery the Confederate government was more centralized than the Union government. So much for states' rights.

Deo Vindice brothers

>What Sherman called the “final solution of the Indian problem” involved “killing hostile Indians and segregating their pauperized survivors in remote places.”

Well, Sherman did get his way eventually.

>"curry" favor
>Indians
Wrong Indians, but still, heh..

Was there a legal basis for southern states to leave the union? Wasn't the ability to leave at will guaranteed in some way?
Can I get a non meme answer?

>oh, shit
>he called me out on my bullshit
>need damage control stat!
>he's using a fallacy wrong
>I'll focus on that and not my hypocrisy
Not an argument

>implying the UN would care about slavers
Silly.

Kinda like how the Union pulled immigrants fresh off the boats and told them if they wanted American citizenship they had to fight while also refusing to hire them.

Oh wait, that's worse

New York draft riots come to mind

That contentious question was never settled before the Civil War, and even afterwards whether secession is technically illegal, rather than being severely frowned upon, is still up for debate.

>tfw People forgetting the Confederates didn't just want """'rights''''' for themselves, going as far as to fight an aggressive offensive into the North for no real reason during the beginning of the war, and essentially was winning the first part.

You may have had a chance if you played a defensive role you hicks.

>he's using a fallacy wrong
There's no right way to use a fallacy.
>Not an argument
Fallacies aren't arguments.

The south fought to keep slavery because you're a bunch of backwards savages. Simple as that.
>b-buh-but Joe Blow want to enslave X.
Changes nothing.
youtube.com/watch?v=pcy7qV-BGF4

This. The confederacy did nothing wrong

There's a difference between the US Government and private entities, especially prior to the 1960s, but you do have a point.

They had a great advantage during First Bull Run and that era, especially when they bordered Washington DC and Lincoln was too stubborn to move the capital back to Philly or NYC. Too bad (for them) they squandered it.

>Fallacies aren't arguments.
Glad you admit you have no argument
>The south fought to keep slavery because you're a bunch of backwards savages. Simple as that.
>enslaving blacks is worse than genocide against the Native Americans you backwards savages

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bear_River_Massacre
>As the Shoshone used tomahawks and bows and arrows for defense, the soldiers appeared to lose control. After killing most of the men and many of the children, they raped and assaulted the women. In some cases, soldiers held the feet of infants by the heel and "beat their brains out on any hard substance they could find." Women who resisted the soldiers were shot and killed. One local resident, Alexander Stalker, noted that many soldiers pulled out their pistols and shot several Shoshone at point blank range. The soldiers burned the Shoshone dwellings and supplies; they killed anyone they found in the shelters.

>This happened during the civil war
>Unionist will defend this

>Has no other arguements, just defaults back to Native American Genocides that both parties partook in before and after the war, and refuse to acknowledge economic/social situations that led up to the War, to which the South had no morally right argument.

>Has no other arguements, just defaults back to Native American Genocides that both parties partook in before and after the war, and refuse to acknowledge economic/social situations that led up to the War, to which the South had no morally right argument.

>He forgets the founding fathers had slaves
>He forgets the Confederacy gave Native Americans representation and were willing to work with them
>He forgets the new york draft riots
>He forgets how the Union pulled immigrants off boats and made them fight
>he complains about having no argument while having no argument
>He thinks slavery is worse than genocide

>Forgets the founding fathers had slaves
100 years before the War starts, what a wonderful addition to the argument. Slavery was removed in civilized America during the time.
>Implying the Native Americans weren't befriended solely for Tactical Reasons
And the rest of your "issues" are out of date for the context at hand. Any somewhat sane person would realize Slavery is inferior to Industrialization and Paid Labor, to which the North used both to a greater success than the South came close too.

Eternal Failed State. The South wont come back because even today the South remains the cesspool of America.

>defending illegal secession

>100 years before the War starts, what a wonderful addition to the argument. Slavery was removed in civilized America during the time.
Name one Confederate ship that brought slaves over

I'll wait

>And the rest of your "issues" are out of date for the context at hand. Any somewhat sane person would realize Slavery is inferior to Industrialization and Paid Labor, to which the North used both to a greater success than the South came close too.
>he ignores the "Irish need not apply" and "Draft riots"
>He ignores indentured servitude
>He thinks this is somehow not relevant to the time period
>He's too lazy to look up the draft riots were a response from immigrants and the poor being forced to fight while the rich could pay out of the draft during the civil war

>Eternal Failed State. The South wont come back because even today the South remains the cesspool of America.
>He knows he has no argument and resorts to insults
lol

>name one Confederate ship that brought slaves over
Zero. Because the South had several million already, and bred them because it was a cheaper expense. The South had a plethora of slaves that would last them ages, and they had no intention to stop whatsoever.

Furthermore, your other examples arent even related to the South. I can entertain the fact and say they were no where near the prevalent size and scale of this conflict.

Indentured Servitude and ''Irish need not apply" were two evils that the South trumped three times over by just going full on Slavery and Racism, except when it came to the tactical advantage the Natives offered.

The South being a cesspool isnt really an insult,considering its a statistical sum up of various conditions including modern racism, economic status, and overall the regressive murica culture it currently has plastered all over it.

Slaves were still being brought in
But glad you agree they didn't bring them

>Furthermore, your other examples arent even related to the South. I can entertain the fact and say they were no where near the prevalent size and scale of this conflict.
>He is mad I'm bringing up the North hypocrisy while attacking the South

>I can entertain the fact and say they were no where near the prevalent size and scale of this conflict.
>pulling immigrants off boats and making them fight for America citizenship while also refusing to hire them is not important
lol

>Indentured Servitude and ''Irish need not apply" were two evils that the South trumped three times over by just going full on Slavery and Racism, except when it came to the tactical advantage the Natives offered.
>It's not racist to beat up the Irish and Chinese and kill Native Americans
You dont even know your own regions history lol

>The South being a cesspool isnt really an insult,considering its a statistical sum up of various conditions including modern racism, economic status, and overall the regressive murica culture it currently has plastered all over it.
The South was the richest region of America at the time.
Also, this is an attempt at damage control because you are losing this argument

How does the modern South apply to this again?
I'll wait