Do you all agree that KDE looks really bad by default?

Do you all agree that KDE looks really bad by default?

Other urls found in this thread:

kde-forum.org/artikel/15344/why-kde-so-ugly.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Everything apart from Windows 10 looks like shit. Not even joking here. linux and mac all look like they're design is stuck in the 00s desu.

t. fashion designer

I wouldn't say bad. There's just something that looks very off but I can't put a finger on it. It keeps bothering me every time I see KDE desktops but no matter how long I look at it I can't tell what it is.

>flatshit design is the only good design

>kde
>no image writer
>no screenshot tool
>aesthetically ugly
>overly complicated

But it is. Much easier on the eyes and doesn't pollute the screen with needless texture. Why do you need a navigation menu too look like it's wrapped in plastic or an aluminium sheet?

They've been painfully slow to standardize everything, but at least most of the stuff you use on a daily basis follow the same design now.

>tfw the winfag will never have a desktop as good as this
feelsgoodman

It looks unfinished to me.

>most of the stuff
>most
Yeah, like right clicking.

Windows 10 looks horrible. It looks like they tried to make it look modern but every part of the design screams amateur

This is fucking atrocious, especially for a product sold at premium prices.
What the fuck is that tacky, curved folders arrangement? What were they trying to achieve here?

It's one of those things that looks so bad that you don't even know where to start.

I don't like 10 design. Too much padding and too flat. The icons looks ugly.

You do realize that leopard is >10 years old, right?

No. KDE looks OK out of the box and doesn't require ricing like XFCE.

>>no screenshot tool
spektacular? spectackular? Fucking names.

it's relatively light and stays out of the way

i hit print screen and it just werks

>complains about default appearance
>screenshot isn't even default layout

I agree but it's still the objectively best desktop environment.

wontonsoup is best theme

>saying "desu"
>expecting anyone to take you seriously

you mean 7 right? pretty sure the w10 menus are meant to be touch compatible

anime website desu

LXQT fucking W H E N?

Gee I wonder who could be behind this post

>excessive padding
>no distinction between what is button and what is background
>literal toy DE designed for touch screens

Solus Linux says hello

>no image writer
>hurr durr programs are part of DE

this is literally windows xp with a skin on it

.forgot to add image
you fucked up the joke you dumbass

currently using xmonad because I couldn't figure out how to customize kde

why do you seek validation online

Microsoft is so hell bent on making things touch friendly that they forgot how fragmented much of the design is.

Just a reminder how inconsistent Microsoft was with Vista.

kde-forum.org/artikel/15344/why-kde-so-ugly.html

KDE was always ugly

KDE will always be ugly

it's part of their identity. 2018 and they still don't know how to show the time in the taskbar in a non-obnoxious manner.

KDE is the software equivalent to that line from Douglas Adams' hitchhiker's guide describing Earth as a planet full of people who still think digital watches are a good idea.

maybe im just stupid but i dont know what im supposed to be seeing here. the design elements looks pretty congruent to me desu

never. 2018 is the year of the lumina desktop

>some windows have very tall glass title bars, most have short ones
>the two windows in the top right have a blue/green gradient surround concept that is totally unlike the entire rest of the UI
>photo viewer, movie maker, mail and explorer all have different variations on the "thick colored bar below title bar" concept, movie maker actually almost has two
>window in the bottom right has a far older collection of large ugly buttons that don't look like any other part of the UI
>only two windows use the "menu bar" concept (File, Edit, View, etc.) and one of them puts it into the title bar, the other puts it into the window space proper
>Explorer & Internet Explorer put the address bar and forward/back buttons into the title bar, no other windows invade the title bar (except for mail, which does it to put in a menu bar).
>Windows Help & Support in the top right has the same forward/back buttons, this time not in the title bar.
>tons of other small inconsistencies like the search bar being in at least four different places across these windows
It's a fucking mess.

I fail to see the problem. Everything looks pretty good and respecting some base design guidelines, from the style of buttons and blurry bars to the colours used. Only HTML Help needs redesign, and that only for that option bar.

Some more because why not
>the photo viewer invades the bottom part of the window border to put controls there, no other window does anything with the lower window border
>the explorer window has a very similar footer, except it's implemented as a static image (i.e. not glass) inside the window proper
>explorer does not have it's application icon or name in the title bar at all, where every other application does

>base design guidelines
>application controls in the title bar (but only sometimes)
>application controls in the bottom window border (but only once)
>no less than three different concepts for a menu bar (File/Edit/View, colored bar with icons and loose icons in blue/green gradient area)
>often two menu bars (in different styles) in the same application
>no less than four different styles for the "colored bar with icons" menu bar
What did these design guidelines say? "Don't put application controls in the left or right window borders, everything else is open season?"

I have always loved KDE as I am not a poorfag without an SSD or RAM.

Well it's not like you are wrong, but come on it doesn't look bad either, even if it can be refined more. If you really want to attack windows on the design problem you should really post something from the Windows 10. Now there is a big problem, everything is inconsistent as hell.

Lol. Windows 10 looks far worse than w8, w7, w vista and w xp. Even android looks better than w10.

The fact that it's light gray maybe? It's a terrible colour. I personally hate grayscale UI. The windows classic theme looks disgusting to me, for example, as well as MacOS. Aero was the best UI Microsoft had which is why imo ChaletOS and ZorinOS look the best as Xfce distros, and GNOME looks good too. I swear as soon as I add transparency to KDE it looks a little better.

Literally KDE with worse icons.

What are you talking about, print screen works. Also KolourPaint.
>complicated
You mean feature-rich.

Never. KDE is lighter and much better overall. No reason for LXQt to even exist.

this

seriously all linux de looks like designed by a kid using visual basic during 90s. kde plasma looks modern but still looks like shit

Yes. Good thing you can fix it by changing the color scheme to breeze dark.

disgusting

I find stock gnome uglier

>choosing DE because of the default looks

I do.

But KDE also looks the best when riced out.

Opensuse KDE default is pretty nice

you must be the sort of person who likes to hear themselves talk.

You disgust me

I agree, GNOME by default also looks bad but not terrible.

XFCE looks like shit out-of-the-box but can look like anything.

solution:
Breeze Dark, Plastique window decorations

>implying KDE needs even half as many resources as Gnome

Nice blade you got there.