My dad just bought bought me one of these things. What the fuck am I even supposed to do with it...

My dad just bought bought me one of these things. What the fuck am I even supposed to do with it? It's Android with a "keyboard".

Other urls found in this thread:

www3.lenovo.com/us/en/tablets/android-tablets/yoga-book-series/Lenovo-Yoga-Book/p/ZZITZTOYB1F
galliumos.org/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

"Its android" can you not recognize windows?

its got some nice hinges on it

Maybe the one he has is
www3.lenovo.com/us/en/tablets/android-tablets/yoga-book-series/Lenovo-Yoga-Book/p/ZZITZTOYB1F
which is Android 6.0. The same thing but with Windows costs more.

Get a refund.

I just downloaded those from Google as I'm posting on it

It updated to 7.0 when I started it up.

Try installing windows on there with a bootable usb and a micro usb adapter. It has the same specs as the windows model so its worth a try.

Hey, fuck you man. If your dad gifted it to you that means that he loves you. At least appreciate it for what it is.

Be thankful you have a dad who thinks of you.

buy unlimited storage for google drive.

Have it. It's pretty neat.
I use it as a drawing pad and notetaking pad, generally.
I'd recomend you get firefox or some browser to force pages into desktop mode.

Also the keyboard is fine, takes sometime to getitng used to but learn the key to disable the touchpad when you're typing.

He can't - different chips

Install Gentoo, it is obvious

Port and install libreboot, obviously.

I mean I just remoted into my PC and used it as if it was my PC. Problem fuckin' solved!

this shit clearly has windows on it

O have one, it's more like a tablet + graphic tablet merged as one, which is fantastic as an artist

The keyboard is secondary, so it's a very niche product

a. does it have su?
b. can you install su?
c. if you cant, try android-x86 / lineage / replicant

if you yeally dont want to run android, DO NOT install windows. i have one and it runs like shit.
youre better off running some generic lightweught linux, like xububuntu or galliumos

Cool. What apps do you use for drawing?
Do you find it just a neat toy to use on the road with a proper desktop setup at home, or as a feasible semi-replacement for a pad/pc thing?

Srsly user. Love your Dad before he's gone. Your going to have to live a lot of your life without him down the road-- you don't wanna think about how shitty you acted internally when he tried to just make you happy.

Install Termux, Ghost Commander, mpv, and Transdroid. Receive surprisingly usable Linux system.

Not the user you responded to but I'd only get the Android version - from what I've seen the Windows version is pretty bad sicne weak processor + emmc memory + 4gb ram

I tend to use sketchbook pro on Android (just pirate an APK)

You hug your dad and tell him thank you, you ungrateful fuck.

I'm pretty sure there is an ARM debian for your laptop, if you manage to get to boot menu. From what I've heard android laptops aren't that bad for I/O tasks, certainly better battery life than anything debian

Yeah I've heard not to touch the win10 version on account of it being crap. I'll look into the app.
Is it actually nice to use for drawing shit? (or whatever else you do with it art-wise?)

stop being a ungrateful brat

What kind of ungrateful fuck are you?

This. When you get something like this for free you find a use for it.

Learn to draw properly using that pen.

Watch films on it.

Install an N64/PS1 emulator. It could possibly handle a PS2 emulator if the cpu is 64bit.

That is the absolute closest we will every get to having a device with any semblance to a "good" hybrid tablet/laptop. Performance will be shit because it's so thin and fanless, but in terms of formfactor, this is genius.
>tfw use it in tablet mode
>it's thin and there are no weird keys on the back

>tfw use it as a laptop
>the keyboard is shit but that's kind of ok because the entire keyboard can be used as a surface for drawing and as a huge touchpad
>nobody ever thought of this before for some reason

It's shit. Sell it and buy a Thinkpad.

But it doesn't work as a laptop because you use a laptop when you want to use keyboard and keyboard on this thing is pretty shit. It's more of a wacky tablet for artists. It's so niche I doubt there will be a second edition (which is a shame because I think it's pretty cool for people who have use for the digitizer).

If that thing were powerful enough to actually be stable and ran Chrome OS, I swear to God I would buy two.

finally someone that's not a neet neckbeard living on his parent's basement

> My daddy gave me something
> Instead of appreciating the gesture, I will post about what shit taste my dad has, and how stupid he is for buying me this

Surface touchboard is a giant trackpad,I used to have one but not having a real keyboard is shit.

Fags, listen up, surface is the epitome of not being shit, rest of y'all underclocked beancounter can shove it.

millennials in a nutshell

>tfw no dad

iktfb

dad died last year

>parents want to gift me something for graduating
>they don't buy some random shit
>ask me instead
>make clear how much it should approximately cost
>everyones happy
vs
>parents go and buy something
>son doesn't want it
>wont return or sell it because of respect reasons
>son isn't happy
>parents aren't happy because you don't use it and they didn't know better

>doesn't want perfectly good laptop
It's not x230, but it's still something. Be grateful for a chance.

I've no idea if I'd want to use the laptop in the op, but it doesn't look like it'd have good gnu/linux support so probably not. It's a made up example anyways

Fuck you. Move out you piece of shit.

vs
>abolishing practice of gifts because we're all responsible self-sufficient adults

sent it to me you ungrateful shit

> Crying about getting free shit

Go buy what you want f it isn't given to you, you little faggot

find a way of using it to the fullest of its capabilities you ungrateful little gobshite. Drawing, reading, surfing, netflix, what have you. Install a full linux distro on it.

It's thanks to spoiled, entitled little manchildren like you that Western civilization is on the brink of collapse. Actually, that's an insult to children, because there are a lot of kids out there who have the decency to be grateful for what they receive, even if it isn't what they hoped for. Rather than bawling your eyes out that that slick little machine didn't have the latest and greatest, why don't you figure out a way to use that device to better yourself?

what chip is there

intel atom x5-Z8550
was looking to get one but i dont want to be underwhelmed. its very sleek, ive seen it up close.

So you're larping for attention?

Imma buy an android one tomorrow. Anything I should know about it beforehand? Any niggling annoyances?

Why would anyone bother putting the effort of taking a pic of their hardware for an anime board?

First thing you do is saying "thanks so much dad, love you" you spoiled piece of shit

You're supposed to use your apps? What the problem?

I guess you mean Gallium OS
galliumos.org/

appreciate what you got man, don't be coming here bitching that you didn't get what you want this isn't a blog spot
faggot learn to be grateful or kys

damn that looks pretty awesome

shame its probably garbage to type on

/thread

Install linux

You're right bro, I mean, what a piece of shit your dad, gifting you something.
Dude, I mean bro, he should've asked you what you wanted like "hey son, how can I serve you today?"

birdman?

yeah that's carpal tunnel right there

Just download a keyboard from the pirate bay.