youtube.com/watch?v=xButjfhZWVU
i.4cdn.org/gif/1517122582611.webm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Reinstall GRUB.

>noobuntu
You did this to yourself.

maybe wipe your drive first before trying to install a new os

brainlets not allowed

Tried 16 different distros. The only ones that just werk so far are Tails (can only be installed on usb drive) and Ubuntu Studio. (Useless botnet shit)

>inb4 dual boot with windows meme

>He doesn't know about needing an EFI Partition for GRUB if EFI is going to be used.
Create that goddamn partition, make it 100MB and be done with it.

>using ubuntu instead of debian
You could've avoided this.

>Tails
Shit.

You choose the shittiest distro on this planet.
Use Solus or Manjaro. Zero problems.

>can't install grub, not even from the shitbuntu gui.
>can't take a screenshot and has to take a fucking photo of the screen, like those 60yo tech illiterates.
>muhhh loonix sucks :DDDDDD
your father was a mistake.

If you take time to fucking search the web for this issue you'll realize it's your fault.

Solved
I finally got it working, not sure which of the following did the trick but I:
1. Disabled Lenovo Fast Boot in BIOS.
2. Disabled Secure Boot in BIOS.
3. Booted from Live USB.
4. In boot menu Addedbacklight=vendorin "Try Ubuntu" configuration text just before "quiet splash".
5. Chose Try Ubuntu.
6. In terminal ransudo rmmod ideapad_laptopto enable wifi.
7. Ran installation and chose to install updates during installation.
8. EFI partition was selected automatically so I assigned 9700MB for swap space and 80GB for Ubuntu.
9. After installation completed addedbacklight=vendorto etc/default/grub before "quiet splash".
10. Blacklistedideapad_laptopto enable wifi.

>lenovo

>>can’t install grub
And why do Ubuntu Studio and Debian not require grub, cumstain?
>>can’t take a screenshot
And where does someone save it while it’s testing the rest of the distros cumstain?
>>muhhh loonix sucks :DDDDDD
>doesn’t even know what WHQL is

Only working distros so far are Ubuntu Studio (botnet), Debian (dead) and Tails (usb only).
Never listen to Sup Forums.

>he forgot to create an ESP
lol
seriously though, try creating a ~128MiB ESP as the first partition and try again.

>using ubuntu

dont you know that microsoft sponsors canonical to make ubuntu bad

>Use Solus or Manjaro. Zero problems.
I wish that was true.

>Reinstall windows
FTFY

Nice iToy, faggot.

Install Gentoo

youtube.com/watch?v=xButjfhZWVU

you realize you could have spend all this time being productive if you didn't use linux right? Use a non manchild os next time partner.

>implying Ubuntu was ever good

/thead

OP is a faggot

I only use Commodore computers.

>I RAN INTO ONE, ISOLATED ISSUE
>THIS OS HAS TO BE SHIT

Gee op, it's almost like this is a bad bait thread...

You act like Windows doesn't have it's share of shitty issues with obtuse work-arounds. Just because you've already invested the time into fixing them doesn't mean you didn't have those issues. I've had Windows 7 brick it's bootloader on fucking update. Fixing a bootloader issue on Windows takes me a lot longer than fixing it on Linux. Why should I waste my time fixing the Windows bootloader issue? I could be productive making money on my Linux install...

the absolute fucking state of winshit
i.4cdn.org/gif/1517122582611.webm

Install windows

debian testing sans systemd?

but windows is garbage

Why did you try to reinstall grub?

>it's your fault
>here, the fix is just only these 10 steps no sane man would figure on his own

this issue happend when you distrohopping and try too install in UEFI too many times
just enable legacy mode in bios and boot on usb in legacy

Pretty impressive that you can fuck it up that many times when a lot of distros literally just have you click the "next" button a few times and type in a name/password.

>the absolute fucking state of windows users
if you are unable to install ubuntu just stay with windows like normal brainlets do.

It is? How tech illiterate do you have to be to not know what Fast and Secure boot are? Which is probably what's causing his install to fail and is what would prevent installing other OSs. And if you weren't illiterate you'd see that those aren't "steps", but separate things that might be wrong. And that's literally the first Google search result. OP is a crybaby dumbfuck who can't fix his own problem. Also this

Im actually dual booting ubuntu and windows and its impossible to fuck it up.

lol, i had same issue, fucking shit just refuse to install bootloader for whatever reason, even when you explicitly choose where to install bootloader
ended up installing it manually later on, sure most of the time its just click next but you are dumb to throw "werks for me" meme
thats what linux is all about, neckbeards spend trillion years fucking their shit and then telling everyone with a smug face "le works for me, you are just retarded muh friend"

>hurr I don't know what UEFI is
>loooonix lol xDD1!111
I'm done with this Sup Forums infested shithole.

>And why do Ubuntu Studio and Debian not require grub

Okay. Install Windows and go back to sleep, faggot.

>Debian (dead)

>Having autism this hard

>OBAMA YOU FUCKING NIGGER I'M A RACIST YOU MADE ME A RACIST AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

ITT OP is too dumb to install GRUB and blames it on some virtual 1s and 0s

haha good bait user
upvoted ;)

could the guy just not pause the rendering and resume after? I've only ever done movies, but you can pause those.