Is there an easy (GUI aka non autist) way to control fan speeds in Linux?

Is there an easy (GUI aka non autist) way to control fan speeds in Linux?

Other urls found in this thread:

aur.archlinux.org/packages/fancontrol-gui/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Use a physical PWM

Set profiles up in your bios

just dunk your thinkpad in liquid nitrogen so it stays cool instead

>Is there an easy (GUI aka non autist) way to control fan speeds in Linux?
If there's none, write one.
That's the sense of Linux.

This is why Linux will never get anywhere.

Physical PWM is software and hardware agnostic, fag.

Fancontrol-GUI

Nah, it's just why you don't ask Sup Forums for tech support.

Also, I'd just like to interject for a moment. Android is "Linux", you mean desktop GNU/Linux.

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

>for i in /sys/class/hwmon/hwmon* ; do echo 200 | sudo tee "$i"/pwm1 ; done

This is what I use on my mining rig

autism

got a link? several different programs pop up when I google that

You're probably the fag from yesterday, so again, use your fucking BIOS or that article linked in the last thread. Why would you need anything else? If you need a GUI then this . It won't take more than a few minutes, minus the time to setup Qt Creator.

>loonix
>fan control

kek

yaourt -Sa fancontrol-gui
aur.archlinux.org/packages/fancontrol-gui/

good ones are also hard to find

and 2+ years to lean to program

You don't need to know shit. You can pick up on how to make a simple C++ app in a few hours, and making the GUI in Qt Creator is simple enough that a child can do it in a few minutes.

There is. Step 1: Install Gentoo.

kys

Depends on chipset.
For Mac - only terminal shit.

its a GA X38-DQ6 motherboard and a Q6600 CPU

speedfan works fine in windows

how do i install this in xubuntu

>Downloading and installing programs through a web browser in Linux
Yeah, you should stick to windows

Zero fan mode is not working for me in ubuntu with RX 580.

any way to fix it?

How to use Linux:
1. Google what you want to do and paste the command into terminal
There is no way to intuit what you wanna do. GUIs are shit and limited by design.

Not in KDE and Xfce. Linux is more intuitive to use than windows.

Can you set mouse acceleration in KDE or Xfce?

The absolute state of Sup Forums

It's on by default

The non autist let's his fans control themselves. CPU starts to get hot, fans kick up. Things cool down a bit, fans spin down.

I mean is this a setting that they deigned to include in the GUI or is it too "advanced". I've even used some Linux DEs that don't let you change monitor refresh rate. It's completely hit or miss if the GUIs let you do stuff or not.

>GUI aka non autist
>aka L33T Haxozr
Aka KYS

Also kys

This worked, thanks!

how im supposed to download electrum if not throught their website?

>GUIs are shit and limited by design.
only in aspiux