4K HDR Videoplayer for Windows to run Blurays

Cyberlink Power DVD 17 is such a bloated piece of shit, what are good alternatives?

There literally aren't any, unless you're ripping the source and just looking for playback software. But to actually playback a proper UHD bluray from the disc requires Cyberlink power DVD 17, period.

MPC:HC.
It's discontinued but it works.

Enjoy your dolby vision

>laughing hookers.jar

Are you retarded?
MPC-HC wont playback UHD blurays.

this. you got no DV when using pc just use a bluray player.

Why can't PCs play blurays properly?

They can, but they require specific software that can de-encrypt them.

No wonder blurays are a failure. Anyway, no FOSS alternatives?

For normal blurays the AACS encryption keys were leaked many years ago and so you have free alternatives like VLC that can playback blurays without issue, however they can't include the AACS encryption keys, so you download the keys, VLC is built to decrypt blurays once it has keys installed. So get AACS keys, VLC and you can playback blurays without issue, all for free.

HOWEVER, UHD blurays have AACS 2.0, which is not publicly cracked to the same extent, and uses a much harder to crack encryption. Nevertheless, there are now tools that allow you to directly rip a UHD bluray, but as far as I know, there is no way to do direct playback yet, without paid software. The free alternative for UHD blurays is to rip the source files, then encode into mkv yourself and then playback with whatever software you feel like using.

What the hell is a bluray and why would you want one?

Menus are still unusable from either of them, though.

>menus

lol?

Yeah when I pay $20 to go see a movie in theaters I always get pissed that they skip all the menus.

how can you rip a bluray without the keys?

They have AACS 2.0 keys with the ripping tools, but each UHD bluray uses different keys, so unless the movie you want to rip already has the keys released, you can't rip it.

To expand, the original AACS for normal blurays use a handful of keys for EVERY bluray released.

So super simple to crack them all with just a few keys.

UHD blurays basically all use their own keys, makes it far more difficult.

I use MakeMKV but it only supports normal blurays and dvds, I don't think UHD.

So most releases are records, not rips?

No, lately there has been a rise in real rips being released, 6 months ago you'd be correct, pretty much 99% of all UHD releases were screen caps and not actual remuxes.

Within the past 2-3 months though there have been a large number of legit rips coming out, whether this means AACS 2.0 is broken fully or not is still to be determined i believe.

Nice. Thanks for the infos user