I need to get productive things done, which linux distro should I use?

I need to get productive things done, which linux distro should I use?

Other urls found in this thread:

ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2367294
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Ubuntu or Fedora

Pretty much any one will work. Even the autistic ones like gentoo or parabola can be productive.
However, if you're asking which one will be productive out of the box with no extra configuration or thought put into your setup, Ubuntu.

Manjaro.

Don't use bloatbuntu

I don't like ubuntu, was thinking fedora, how is it?

>Don't use bloatbuntu
Don't be stupid.

Depends how much time you're willing to spend getting things set up exactly as you like. You can do productive things on pretty much any Linux system.

You want to get straight to work? Fedora or Ubuntu.
You want a rock-solid development environment after a few hours of customization? NixOS.
Everything else is sub-par.

Should be fine as well.

>NixOS
>Not GuixSD

mint

I used debian for a long time, but I couldn't get sound to work on my desktop which was driving me absolutely insane. Never had that problem on any other linux distro, even worked on ARCH.

I installed Arch. Sometimes I update all the packages in the system, nothing breaks.
But for you I recommend Fedora or openSUSE

debian testing

menuet os

NONE. STICK WITH WINDOWS.

Windows is shit at security and privacy, but in terms of convenience and ease of use, it mainly just werks. Linux is the complete opposite.

I'm currently trying out Ubuntu (Gnome) on my second PC. Right off the bat, Synaptic didn't werk.
ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2367294

At one point, I clicked on the drop-down system menu on the Activities bar, and Ubuntu just froze. The display alternated between the lock screen and no signal. No key combinations have worked, and I had to do a hard reset.

Yesterday I tried a bunch of KDE distros. Had all sorts of problems trying to theme GTK applications. Suse's YaST couldn't be themed without tinkering. And on KDE Neon, the default theme couldn't even be changed, because the theme setting would pop up an empty window. And good luck trying to install KDE from scratch from the Mint repos.

This is basically what using Linux is like. It will throw all sorts of problems your way. That is really the point of Linux. It's not "to get things done". It's for tinkering. Don't pretend it's not.

Solus

>One person has a bad experience
>"LOONIX IS TRASH, GUISE! EVERYONE GIVE UP ON YOUR PRIVACY!"
How much is Macroshit paying you?

fucking this
Every problem i've had on any of my linux machines were my own fault because i did something retarded and broke something
I understand this isn't everyones experience but it goes to show that not everyone goes through a shitshow like this guy apparently did.

I don't know, it depends on what you want to do really. If you want to browse the Web, fucking anything will work. If you want to use Steam for Linux, I can recommend any Debian based. I'm using Ubuntu 16.04 Mate on my main pc with Ryzen and it works perfectly.

But remember, a distro is a distro, you must know what software it comes with it and what you want to use, don't except Adobe software to run there. (for example)

So you had a bunch of problems I've never seen? Congrats

This is the reason why I use debian