3.5' Bay

Why does any computer need 3 of these? for 3 cd drives? its unacceptable for any case to have more than 1 for legacy purposes.

Some people like 5.25" reservoirs and fan controllers apparently

I don't know what a three and a half foot bay is, but based on your image I believe you are talking about the 5.25" bay. It can be useful to have more than one of those if you want an optical drive and one of those IO thingies that have SD card slots and whatnot.

They're used by people working in the movie industry, software vendors, and anyone who sells things on optical media in general. If they only had one optical drive per PC, they would need to three times as many PCs to make the same amount of windows DVDs, Captain America blu-rays or whatever, or it would take thrice as long.

more drivres do blazing fast multiple coppies on multiple drives, put there card reades, put ther amplifier, etc. There are many devices that would fit there.

FUCK CAPTCHA FUCKIN FUCK IT FUCK! FUCK CAPTCHA FUCKIN FUCK IT FUCK! FUCK CAPTCHA FUCKIN FUCK IT FUCK! FUCK CAPTCHA FUCKIN FUCK IT FUCK! FUCK CAPTCHA FUCKIN FUCK IT FUCK! FUCK CAPTCHA FUCKIN FUCK IT FUCK! FUCK CAPTCHA FUCKIN FUCK IT FUCK! FUCK CAPTCHA FUCKIN FUCK IT FUCK! FUCK CAPTCHA FUCKIN FUCK IT FUCK! FUCK CAPTCHA FUCKIN FUCK IT FUCK! FUCK CAPTCHA FUCKIN FUCK IT FUCK! FUCK CAPTCHA FUCKIN FUCK IT FUCK! FUCK CAPTCHA FUCKIN FUCK IT FUCK! FUCK CAPTCHA FUCKIN FUCK IT FUCK!

Some audiophile grade turntables have multiple motors so the playback speed is more stable. This can't be done for CDs though, because the deviations in the speed of each motor at those high RPMs would rip the belt apart. What audiophiles do is they get three CD drives for their PCs to achieve the same thing, as both methods are mathematically equivalent at providing more accurate playback.

user, these media are not made with conventional drives.

Yes but it takes up space you could use for other more important shit

(you)

What if you're like me and have both a DVD drive and a fan controller? Gotta play older games and control my fans somehow.

>3.5' cd drives
Do you mean 5.25" ? Just buy a case that doesn't have them you autist.

>he doesn't know
eh

If you want a case that caters 100% to your need - get a fully modular one or even a custom one. What, are you expecting every series of mass produced cases to have 2 dozen variants so everyone can get the one that suits them 100%?

I filed mine with these.
Feels server man.

Cause some of us are awesome.

No but i expect case manufacturers to make not full retard decisions like fill half of the case with FUCKING CD DRIVE HOLDERS

>smoking near a pc

pig disgusting

>being this ass blasted over something you can control

you're just here to vent your shortcomings, are you.

What more important shit? A ridiculous number of hard drives? There probably are cases designed with that use-case in mind out there.

I need that LMAO.

Don't you have some soy to chase all of Tyrone's cum with?

I am currently looking at the 6 bay on amazon thanks. This is why I browse Sup Forums. Good finds daily.

Breddy gud

Most cases I've seen in the past 5 years have only 2-3 5.25" bays. Seems reasonable that at least a portion of people will use them all: card readers, fan/light controls, optical drives (these are still used extensively in some niches,) docks for removable HDDs, etc.

And as I said, the manufacturer would rather ship something that 90% of people won't use (but 90% of those won't mind,) than ship a product that the other 10% won't buy because it lacks what they need.

Plus it's an easy fix if you have some basic tools, plus you can pay 10$ more for a modular case, plus you can buy plenty of cheap cases with only one or even zero (a bit rare) 5.25" bays. You're being an autist. Unless you're not exaggerating and the entire front of your case is lined with those bays, in which case you are a retard for buying a specialty use case without realizing it.

>5.25" bay
>legacy
>not watching UHD blu rays on your PC
Enjoy your compressed to hell 1080p streaming.

I smoke heavily while working and the insides of my pcs are coated with tar deposits. Doesn't seem to affect longevity, quite the opposite: my internet machine is 11 years old and never needed a replacement or fix (aside from routine stuff.) Maybe I effectively mummified it and the deposits protect it from moisture or something.

my dick

>Blu-ray drive
>tape drive
>4x SFF SATA hotswap bay

no the size of my gtx 1070 which is fucking huge for some stupid reason

Anyone use one of these before? Might as well do something with the 5.25'' bays on my case

holy shit thats amazing

If you've got the mobo space, i dont see why not. My 3.0 and other header stuff is taken up from my case already. Could be good if you want to override all the bs I/O your case gives you.

Im dying

Don't needto: all the internal usb/audio stuff is already taken by the ports that come built-in at the front of my case. I have a SATA cable and power line sticking out the back of my case - not that I use it that often, but getting the case out of it's nook is a pain. Got an external card reader via usb. But otherwise this is pretty rad - if the price is lower than the difference between a cheap case and one with most of that built-in.

>Nvidia exclusive

>mfw there are audiophile grade CD pickups that move the disc and the entire motor assembly around while the head stays in place

Wait, they get 3 copies of the same CD or how does the "three separate drives" thing work?

What's the point of having more than 1 or 2 3.5" drive bays? Why not just store everything in the cloud or use a NAS? Why have 5.25" bays at all? Optical drives are dead! Why would anyone want to do things different from how I do them? Everyone except me is retarded!

>Keeping legacy around for the sake of inane flexibility instead of more flexibility geared towards forward progress while still offering work arounds
>Especially when we have a well established, fast, sequential bit processing and transferring protocol via a sheathed cable with 4-11 pins supporting 5V 0.5A-1.5A power and 1.5-20,000 Mbit/s transfer rate that could transfer your aforementioned data directly to your personal computing device.
(you)

Why the fuck does technology still have a single or pair of USB3 instead of ALL USB3

WHY

>using a shit prebuilt NAS that does less than 30MB/s over a 1gbe link
nah. I'll build my own fileserver thanks, also that's going to need case with more than 2x 3.5" bays.

Because not all USB ports are truely backwards compatible.
Making them backwards compatible is not a trivial task and then there's always the risk of exploits.

You mean 5.25". Who the fuck has a bay 3.5 feet wide?

Most 'audiophile' tech is literally placebo
Vacuum tube amps, vinyl records, meme crystal cables, anything other than reference monitors
>It all reduces output quality, giving you a false representation of the original source

your mom

I wouldn't buy a motherboard that doesn't have a couple USB2 sockets. Too many potential ECHI vs XHCI issues for my liking. Good to have a fallback.

I have one, nine 5.25" bays, from 10 years ago.

Used one for a I/O tray, one for a CD-Rom reader, one for a DVD-burner/BD-reader, and three for HDs (decoupled with rubber o-rings), and still had enough room around the HDs.
>mu GPU
I didn't need one, the integrated graphics was enough for me.

Michael bay

Reviews indicate that those are chinkshit that will fry your mobo

>2018
>using CDs
The common use case these days is blu-ray drives and also turning it into a slot for media - SD cards, more USB ports, etc, can be purchased in a single 5.25 form factor

the last one i had caused the mobo bios to crash on boot and none of the card reader ports would go over 20mbs

>Most 'audiophile' tech is literally placebo
That's the joke, idiot.

This is cool and all but I'd have one of the 3 3.5 bays. 2.5 drives aren't as cost efficient.

why?

Great for storing flash drives...

>audiophile
>digital storage medium

nigga this is literally homeopathy

you can hide your drugs in it

Are we ignoring the fact that there are tons of cases with only one (or no) 5.25" bay? They've fallen out of general use for most consumers but who'd have thought a standard size opening with standard size mounting points would prove versatile and long-lasting? They exist because there's a shitload of different uses you can have for those mounting points beyond a CD-ROM drive.

nope, that's one of the first places they look, cops aren't stupid - they know that 5.25" bays are obsolete: if you've got one it must be for hiding contraband.

that's bullshit but I believe it

>What is a front panel?
>What is an HDD bay?
>What is fan controller?
A ton of uses for the opening, I've plugged one of these to upgrade my case that is pretty good but lacked USB3/USBC connectors, and I have an HDD bay in my home server mounted in the same way.

Because RAID. It runs them in pairs, allowing you to have nested RAID if you want to.

The real reason is because USB3 hubs are expensive, and USB3 header on the motherboard has 2 ports in it.

thats poopy

>2.5 drive bay
>3.5 drive bay
>2 USB3 ports

>for legacy purposes.
Your lack of imagination is disturbing.

So you made this thread because you bought a poorly deisnged case and didn't check the gpu legnth spec for it or your graphics card beforehand, blaming the existance of standards for your troubles instead of your own incompetence.