/hpg/ - Headphone General

How to request purchase advice: pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in Sup Forums wiki headphone FAQ: wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Headphone guide: canpicker.com/

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

innerfidelity.com/content/beyerdynamic-dt-240-pro-affordable-over-ear-sealed-headphones
audiocubes.com/products/stax-sr-l300limited-open-back-headphones
ebay.com/itm/STAX-SRM-1-MK2-Amplifier-for-Stax-Electrostatic-Headphones-Earspeakers/222811805242?hash=item33e09e563a:g:hy0AAOSwe6ZaWM25
monoprice.com/product?p_id=11567
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

post your setup anons

>cropped out feet
FUCK

Cute

Idol trash here.
What's your cherry like, user?
Excellent.

Sakura seems to have a vitamin D deficiency. Easy to fix...
Reina

innerfidelity.com/content/beyerdynamic-dt-240-pro-affordable-over-ear-sealed-headphones Encouraging to see Beyer making headphones without excessive treble.
I find it difficult to complain about toes and yuri.

got my new iems in boys.
>am/um pro 10
>neutral sounding
>lets some ambient noise in(am pro 10)
>isolates very well (um pro 10)
>comfy as fuck. i forgot i was wearing them
now which one to keep. i'll sleep on this

Why are HD600 owners so easy to bait?

HD600 owners care about quality of those threads and take every discussion seriously, including ones started by ironic red dit shitposters.

why do you spend your dying seconds trying to b8 certain headphones owners? it's pathetic.

translation: I am autistic and refuse to back down from an argument because I am biased and have tunnel vision

HD600 owners never got a response from Sennheiser, huh? What a shame.

you need to be more obvious because autists don't understand context

in marketing when they don't respond to your question it usually means NO. silence is golden afterall :^)

I already have a Presonus Audiobox with balanced TRS outputs so I plan to use that for the LSR305s, and also plan to use my Xonar DG as the headphone DAC (it has an amp but it's not powerful) -> O2 amp -> HD600. I think I can switch between these effortlessly on Windows. My question was more about if it's a good combo or not, or if I should look elsewhere at that budget. Since you say "kinda" do you have any recommendations?

I meant the O2 amp as I plan to use Xonar DG as DAC for now. Is the O2 not enough? I heard it was designed to power the DT880 600ohm so I don't think it'd have issues? It's hard to get Schiit stuff where I live, my options are the O2 and Fiio stuff.

Are Audeze worth it at all if I have a budget around $500 or are they as crap and chinkshit like Hifiman? I just want a warm sounding headphone that's good for all genres.

The LCD2C has great press, however Audeze is not known for their great quality check process.
Their customer support is very good though and there's not much trouble there.

The o2 is enough, don't worry about that. It's just that the magni 3 is more powerful, but that might not make a difference when it comes to the 600's.
The o2+600+ any kind of dac will be a brilliant setup for you.

Are the 598sr better than the 579? I can get the for pretty much the same price, but there doesn't seem to be a direct comparison mostly because of the MSRP price difference.

Those are some very credible statements made by anonymous users who don't even own headphones.

The O2 will be perfectly fine with your headphones, don't worry about it. Schiit stuff performs similarly, so don't bother.

Well fuck me I can't find the Audeze LCD2 Classic anywhere in this fucking country. Is it only out in US?

o i am laffin

oh you're a meme

Not US-only, but I think it's currently only available on their website. So yeah, ridiculous shipping prices. Where are you from ?

Norway. The shipping is killing me. I'd easily do it if the shipping was only $30 or something but this is insane.

Any other good kinda warm headphone around $500 that's readily available?

its a good combo actually. i guess they assumed you had no pre amp for the lsr305s. with the magni 3 it act as pre amp for your lsr305s

>$120
fucking brutal

What am I in for?

>Economy
>$120

that's hilarious

you keep your dac on all the time??

HD650

They quoted me pretty much the same when I wanted to buy them (France here), kind of a deal breaker even though they're probably still worth the price.
I suggest checking some used listings on Head-Fi and the likes, you could always find a barely used LCD2 which would fit your taste perfectly.
You could always go the HD650/HD6XX as they're still on the cheap, but it's probably gonna be a let-down compared to Audeze stuff.

Cool, I'll pull the trigger then. Thanks guys.

I turn off the power strip when I go to sleep or when I'm not home

Thanks guys. I'll get the HD650 for now and when the LCD2 Classic comes out here in Norway I'll get it. It seems to be my endgame headphone but if the headphone breaks or gets fucked up due to shitty build quality I don't want to send it back to USA in order to repair it/get a new one. Would rather just take it back to a local retailer.

Wait, what? Is that bad? The DAC part in my JDS Labs Element is apparently always powered on and the little power button on the back of it simply controls the amplifier. So my Element has pretty much always been on 24/7. Is that gonna destroy it?

No it's fine. Don't listen to these idiots.

Do you have a more interesting setup you'd recommend?

no. you only need to turn tubes amps off. unless you have a nuhybrid wink wink

Woah, REALLY good taste user!

Man that's a relief. I'd hang myself in public if it got destroyed or exploded because of being on for so long.

SHP9500S are on sale for 45 bucks at Newegg with the $5 coupon.

Doesn't matter at all, don't worry.
Try to see if you can still grab one of the HD6XX on eBay, I've seen a few still go at $200.
thanks!

are you going to buy more headphones are you just going to sit on that 6xx? not antagonizing you just honestly curious what your plans are

>So my Element has pretty much always been on 24/7. Is that gonna destroy it?
No. I keep my amp+dac powered on 24/7. Nothing to worry about unless you're paranoid it's going to start a fire. It's not.

Is the HD6XX any better than the HD650?

Your setup sucks and is ugly.

I plan to get more headphones-related gear but I've had tons of stuff to buy recently so it's not on my priority list. I'd like to get some entry-level Stax or a used HD800 if I find a good deal on it.
They're the same, HD6XX is just the rebranded Massdrop version.

Cheaper paintjob, and a shorter cable that is terminated in 3.5mm plus a 1/4 inch adapter. HD650 comes with a longer cable terminated in 1/4 inch, with a nice flexible 1/4 inch to 3.5mm pigtail adapter. Pic related. HD6XX sounds the same as the HD650.

I can deal with that. Gonna see if there's a nice one on ebay. Cheers.

>I'd like to get some entry-level Stax or a used HD800 if I find a good deal on it.
audiocubes.com/products/stax-sr-l300limited-open-back-headphones

L300 housing, L500 pads, L700 sound element priced at an L500. I'd buy one now before they are sold out in a day or two. staxusa is already sold out. I bought one with maki user

name something better than akg k712 pro for 220 euro
pro tip: you cant

Oh god, this looks insane. I'm gonna see if I can budget this, thanks a lot.

this is one of those situations where you can sell it for the same or a little more than what you paid for, so do it. you won't lose any money if you decide to sell them

What are you getting for the amp?

Save up for HD600 and get real big boy headphones.

I own a portable stax so I'm just going to make an adapter for it instead of buying an amp. you can get a srm-1 for $300 which is pretty close to the srm-353 which is $1000. L700 is not picky about amps and is not hard to drive. you can just use the cheapest stax amp possible

>presonus with lsr305s
Are you me??

ughmmm honey hd600 competes with k702 which is a downgrade from k712
also they are overpriced in europe and shilled a lot so ill never touch them

No. HD579 is an improvement on HD598.

Do you have an idea of when they're gonna ship ?
I really want to pull the trigger but I also have no idea how much an amp alone costs.

staxusa told me a month, audiocubes told maki a week (probably bs). expect $200-400 for an amp. srm-252S can be had for $225. srm-1 for $300

ebay.com/itm/STAX-SRM-1-MK2-Amplifier-for-Stax-Electrostatic-Headphones-Earspeakers/222811805242?hash=item33e09e563a:g:hy0AAOSwe6ZaWM25

>k702 which is a downgrade from k712
You have never owned any of those. In fact I doubt you ever owned headphones at all.

I got HD6XXs coming in the mail in a month or so. Which DAC/AMP combo do I get? No more than $300, but preferably less than $200. Reddit has recommended a Schiit Stack. They say the Schiit Fulla 2 isn't the best partner for HD6XXs. What do you think, Sup Forums? What amp/dac do i get?

i dont have to i just have to read on the internet
and yes i own ath m40x
keep on shilling the HD600 soyboy

post your m40x then with timestamp

Don't get a fulla 2
Magni 3, modi2u
Jds o2+oldac OR the element for a little more dosh.

>fulla2 not good enough
Correct.
>schiit stack
Magni 3, ok. But modi sucks unless you spend more and get the uber or multibit, but then it's bad value for your money. Look into OL-DAC and Topping D30. These are the DACs that usually get recommended here, because they are good and cheap.

>and yes i own ath m40x
back to red dit child

The magni 2 and 3 are better than the fulla. The fulla loses it's quality the higher in volume you go.

If you get the magni 3, you then 'need' a dac. Don't get the modi, it's overpriced for what it is. Get anything else.

you first
thats the m50x

Your turn.

>m40x
Poorfag. Likely hasn't heard k702, k712, hd600 or any half-decent headphone in his lifetime.

HD600 > HD650 > shit > K702 > K712

>Likely
Not likely, he straight up said he didn't
>i dont have to i just have to read on the internet
This is the kind of posters those threads attract nowadays. Just hoping this is shitty attempt at "ironic" shitposting.

Well, if I don't listen at super high volumes anyways, then would the Fulla 2 be alright? I mean, I don't listen to stuff THAT loud, like where it hurts my ears.

Oh well, there I did it. It better be good !

No, it just distorts more as you increase the volume, but it seems off even at low volume.
Full disclosure: I have fulla2, magni2u and HD600.

i will buy the k712 pros tho with the o2 amp
unless someone changes my mind and suggests something better
why my phone camera gets so dark when its in a screen but when i remove it from the screen u can actually see other shit clearly
kys faggot

Fulla 2 is a USB powered piece of shit.

I recommend Beats Solo by Dr Dre. Unironically better.

I own both and I don't listen to things at crazy volumes either. The magni sounds slightly cleaner overall, especially at higher volumes. Overall the fulla 2 is brilliant. I'd say get it if you're willing to use it as your dac, and buy a magni 3 afterwards. You would most likely be happy with the fulla 2, but it's not quite as clean sounding as a magni+ any dac.

I' recommending the magni+ a dac over the fula, but the fulla is far from a piece of shit. It's the best 'cheap' all in one that I can think of.

This is a reminder that K712 literally and factually have more bass than Beats by Dre.

my keyboard is fucked

Wait, so I shouldn't the USB input? So I would use the optical then right? sorry I'm really new to this stuff and not very tech savvy.

If I ended up getting the Magni for amplification, then I think I would want to just go ahead and get a Modi. That way it's all the same look and whatnot. Is the Modi a good DAC? or is it really worth just getting something else?

>unless someone changes my mind and suggests something better
KSC75 are unironically better, but what you should really buy is HD600, the best headphones in the world.
K612 would be your best bet with regards to AKG, but they do need a strong amp.

lol literally a muddier version of beats
hilarious

>K612 would be your best bet with regards to AKG
Correct. Those are AKG's best headphones.

monoprice.com/product?p_id=11567

k712 measure better than beats on this graph, for what it's worth. Bass dropoff on beats is just straight out disgusting. Can't believe people pay hundreds for that.

>bought the Sony MDR 1000x because they were super cheap
>the play/pause double tap function isn’t working properly on my Iphone and youtube
>can only pause but not resume videos/music
the fuck

Is that actually the best all in one? have you compared it to the fulla?

Thanks. I was getting mixed impressions based on the price difference

The beats are just poorly sealed.

Dacs are all very similar and the least important part of the chain. Heaphones>amp>dac

There is notihng wrong with the modi, and if you like the schiit stack look thne go for it. I just think that the modi is overpriced as all dacs sound the fucking same to me.

Woudlnt the best all in one be the clicky chink one or the element?
Fulla maybe best usb powered though