/wt/ - Watch Thread - Bitter Poor Wristlets Edition

This thread is about the appreciation of horology as well as the micro-engineering and materials engineering that are required to make a fine watch, clock, or other timepiece.

>Required viewing :
youtube.com/watch?v=BsZoAD4PnWA

>Used watch guide:
pastebin.com/4cP1Tpri

>Strap guide:
pastebin.com/SwRysprE

>Watch essentials 102:
pastebin.com/VBAu4Rwi

>unboxing and review's
youtube.com/watch?v=RRAHpgAbMmU

>Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

puretime05.com/omega-seamaster-planet-ocean-liquid-metal-limited-edition-1948-lmpo-1-1-noob-best-edition-v4-free-leather-strap.html
buyee.jp/item/yahoo/auction/h301238207
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>new thread already
That's 300+ posts well wasted.

piss off

Outside of the speemaster I have usually abhorred Omega watches, but this thing is fucking gorgeous.

37.5mm too. Some reddifag has it up for sale.

If I didn't already have a nice diver I would seriously go all in.

This is so much better than the Copernicus.

I've seen a PO irl, not this one though, but a chrono. They're kinda underwhelming.

>13 minutes
yeah no

center wheel is under too much power. glue wont hold.

do you have a staking set? you could burr the hole and drive the shaft in.

Any recommendation to get scratches out of acrylic?
I had an accident with my kommanderskie today, i could get most of the scratches using the old toothpaste method but seems like those are deep.

I see. Well it looks pretty nice in the photos. Small divers are rare these days.

polywatch

Someone talk me out of buying this.

puretime05.com/omega-seamaster-planet-ocean-liquid-metal-limited-edition-1948-lmpo-1-1-noob-best-edition-v4-free-leather-strap.html

>mfw out of all my watches the skx is the only one that has risen in value

it's counterfeit

not much you can do about that i don't think user
replacing the crystal is probably your only chance

So?

and that talks you out of buying it, unless you are mentally ill

>and that talks you out of buying it
It doesn't though.

>unless you are mentally ill
I'm not, looks like your argument was simply ineffective.

Go on and buy it then so we can all laugh at you buying a garbage watch.

>puretime05.com/omega-seamaster-planet-ocean-liquid-metal-limited-edition-1948-lmpo-1-1-noob-best-edition-v4-free-leather-strap.html
you have been talking about this for days

buy it or don't buy it, it's not going to change over time

Honestly, it's probably higher quality than 90% of the slavshit watches you probably already own.

So it's probably a step up. Go for it

... fuck you.

>Go on and buy it then
No.

But what if I buy it and it's shit and everyone here laughs at me and my reputation is ruined? Where will I go then? r/watches?

it's a fake speedmaster, it's always going to be a fake speedmaster. We don't like it on that website, and we will continue not to like it if you personally post photos of it here, where the photos originate is of no difference to us

it's not complicated

everyone is already laughing at you

What if I get it, take pictures of it on my wrist pretending it's a real one and post them here saying "POORFAGS BTFO"?

That isn't true at all.

>What if I get it, take pictures of it on my wrist pretending it's a real one and post them here saying "POORFAGS BTFO"?
what if

So I should get it?

fuck off loser

you should if you want to

>quints on /wt/ asking about buying fakes

fuck this board

>fakes
How is it fake? Is it imaginary?

it's counterfeit chink trash you worthless retard

I've never seen a group of individuals so triggered over anything in my entire life. Does it annoy you that someone is about to spend a weeks wages to get a watch that is 100% identical to the watch you spent six months saving up for? Are you booty bedazzled? Shitter shattered? Butthole blasted?

get out of the thread

>chink trash
It's the same bro, it's 1:1.

my ass is 1:1 as deep as your mom's pussy but they are not exactly the same

None of the anons who post on /wt/ who have nice watches come here to laugh at poor people. Often they are actually the nice and informative posters, along with the vintage watch anons.

If anything it's the anons who own 15 vostoks and $10 casios or Indian made Seiko 5s who come here to shit up the place. Which probably says something about why they own garbage watches and the other anons own lovely pieces.

Not surprising considering which site we are on though

>None of the anons who post on /wt/ who have nice watches come here to laugh at poor people. Often they are actually the nice and informative posters, along with the vintage watch anons.
windyknob guy here

I have honestly noticed this as well

>higher quality than 90% of the slavshit watches
When did this meme start?
The vostok 22xx Auto movements and 2409 manual moments are both very good
The luch 2209 movement is exceptional
and the vostok 2809 precision movement is one of the all time great movements made outside of switzerland
These are all the most common movements in slav watches posted on wt and all them are excellent. I know you may not like Russian watches and some crusty examples that people really should never have purchased pop up every once in a while.You really should do more research before you say they are of a low quality especially when discussing movements.

Stop posting Seiko trash you fucking nigger.

The person that spergs out on here the most and yells at the most people and has 4 thread long autistic arguments about omega is the seiko fag from canada. He has also given me good advice about buying vintage seikos and does post some informative shit but pls m8.

>22xx Auto movements

Post watches that the people in this thread can't afford.

>more accurate than a rolex
>runs years on solar power with no service
>great lume and styling
>trash

>great lume and styling
It looks like if someone described a Submariner down the phone and someone drew it up as they explained it, it's embarrassing.

>The person that spergs out on here the most and yells at the most people and has 4 thread long autistic arguments about omega is the seiko fag from canada
he does not own nice watches, he owns a bunch of $100 1970s $50 retail price jap shitters held together with bailing wire and duct tape

Rolexs are nice watches, Pateks are nice watches, Omegas are nice watches

Hats off to you, sir. I have never seen a more accurate description. 10/10

Lies the submariner does not have a red stripe on the windy knob making your joke stupid and the submariner inferior.

Seems like perfect timing to post my Seiko collection in this thread. Please no bully. I try to be a nice poster.

24*

From left to right:

shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, really shit

I don't dislike your watches but why do you only have watches from one brand? You are ignoring a global community of designers and manufactures. the alien watch is sort of fun and the two watches you have on the far right are nice looking.

This woman could shit on my chest tbqh

Sorry friend, Seiko's aren't allowed in /wt/ anymore, and especially not Seiko divers.

I like that wacky chrono, I would like to own one to keep in my watch box and never wear

Keep the Bullhead and torch the rest. And when the vertical clutch gives out torch that too, since you're clearly not keeping it running.

Most people can afford a fake Rolex.

some people don't develop their own tastes and just absorb whatever others tell them to buy. you see it at all levels of wealth, too, which is a little interesting to me. seems like he got the impression that seiko is considered a "safe" brand for his budget and just ran with it

I think he owns a drug dealer / 1970s gay Hollywood producer styled two tone datejust as well.

i made a simple EoT to 3d print today.

cool provide more information

buyee.jp/item/yahoo/auction/h301238207

Holy shit, guys.

kimoi desu

its a minimum parts equation of time thing, thats about it lol.

what is that and why does it exist

I have some russian stuff and a few casio as well. Seiko is just my favorite brand at the moment. I like the designs. Also like how at any given moment I can discover a Seiko model that I never even heard of before. Last two Seiko on my wishlist is a white alpinist and a Grand Seiko before I save up for a Speedmaster or Datejust.

They are all technically objectively solid watches, but none are my style, perhaps barring the Prospex. That is legitimately a tough tool and practical watch with an excellent movement.

The King Quartz too.

that is pretty cool desu

what is the model number of the one with the weird blocky block on the side?

one of the shittest fakes i have ever seen

SCED039

wow they still make them? weird

Sweet

Well it is a reissue of sorts.

Buy it

I like the giugiaro and the alpinist specially but PLEASE get it off that "Bond".

Wish they made the cocktail 38mm

Should I buy this? It is a NOS Squale 36mm quartz diver.

Why don't you own a Submariner?

>it's shit
Stop lying to yourself.

>im too poor
Work harder.

>rolex's are for (X group of people I don't like)
Doesn't make them any less good.

What's so good about it?

Fuck you.

Is it not a good watch after all?

>expensive servicing
>dies if left for more than 48hours without being wound
>not as accurate as an SNE437
>just an extra link is hundreds of dollars
and those are just the high points!

Just not my thing personally. Feel like if I had the money I would buy something else like a Grand Seiko, Datejust, or a Reverso. If I did get one I would probably go with a 16800 matte dial.

Recommend me a good 35mm watch

Budget $200-$2000

i don't like divers enough to spend that much money on one. will probably get a GMT master eventually though

why are the hands on older rolexes always so fucked up? and not even where the lume is, I thought they were gold? why are they always tarnished and looking like they are growing mold?

Too poor. Am working harder. I'll have one by 40, probably.

Can we post Comfy watch photos?

>doesn't like divers
>wants a gmt master

i use that complication all the time and have several GMT watches. the GMT master is iconic enough to actually matter in the history of GMT complications. the submariner is just another twisty bezel i'll never use.

Depends on what you're looking for more specifically. That said a 5740C is a decent choice.

Don't know if this is comfy

(the GMT master isn't a dive watch, by the way, in case you are confused)