You've gotta admit, BlackBerry is pretty /comfy/

You've gotta admit, BlackBerry is pretty /comfy/

Other urls found in this thread:

khronos.org/opengl/
libreoffice.org/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

They need to remake the priv

After the success of the Keyone, BlackBerry said that their phones will have keyboards for a long time. I'll be surprised if they don't try out another slider at some point.

>move production to china
>price similar to sgs/iphone from last year despite way worse specs
>in europe price usd = euro + 20%euro
>-0.0001% market share

THey are doing it on purpose.

I use a BlackBerry Classic. Every app I need works on it. Fast to touch type: 60-70 wpm (including symbols without having to search for them with your eyes). Browser and most other apps have hotkeys. Some websites don't work. Can open and edit Microsoft Office files. Plays .flac natively.

TrackPoint is really really nice. Can go for days without having to smudge the screen, and even then it's only the lower right part of it for the chat app send buttons.

RetroArch for emulating games. I use 'E' for up, 'S' for down, 'W' for left and 'D' for right.

The worst thing: ":)" and so on are rendered as graphical emoticons in text messages and BBM. That can't be disabled.

>You've gotta admit, BlackBerry is pretty /comfy/
Yeah until you find out you can't play webm files, can't go to sites without updated certificates even if you don't care about security the phone forces you to.
Try going to khronos.org/opengl/
Try going to libreoffice.org/
On a bb10 device
t. BlackBerry Classic user

>no aptx
No thanks.

The priv was a decent build and form factor but was criminally underspecced.

Yea I really liked BB!0 phones for a month until I couldn't take it anymore. The sad thing is no else does what bb10 does with the hub, gestures, flick typing, background videos/music, and doing all of it in a clean way. Too bad it didn't have developer support, or decent internal hardware in comparison to what was available when each phone released.
I'd go back to BB if only blackberry would release a phone with flagship specs, and an updated bb10 at a reasonable price.

i wanted to buy a priv but it can't be rooted and it's not getting updates ):

Actually thinking of buying one since it's ~100€ for a used one. I love the form factor and I'm sure I'll love the keyboard. The only thing is that I'm buying an outdated os

I bought mine for $50usd and it's deff dated.
This functions well, but you can tell it's a forgotten about phone.
It's good if you just want to use the phone for certain things and not everything like you would expect a modern phone to do.
There are limitations, but some people enjoy having a phone that does phone stuff and not an all in one attention sucking device.

Been thinking about geting one of these.
How is the battery life?

Lasts a full day not any longer.

except when it isn't
the classic I bought from amazon had the update and was a steaming piece of shit.
I could list everything wrong with it but the most significant thing was that it factory reset every time you powered it off an on or restarted it.

Any tips on retroarch? I've installed in on my Classic but it doesn't seem to recognize the keyboard at all.

Seems like you had a bad one. My classic works great.

I am strongly considering a blackberry after being disillusioned with the apple meme.

What's the oldest model that will run smoothly and able to support:
>GPS
>whatsapp
>playing music

I wouldn't go anything earlier than the classic. Anything after should be good. (classic is what's in op image)
t. Classic user

Go for the Classic or the Passport depending on your preference.

>blackberry
>literal nig-tier na-only phone
Nobody in first world has ever seen a blackberry

So at least the classic then. Thanks gents.
There are like 9900s getting around but I figured there'd be no apps for them now.

you want a model with BB10 operating system. That will allow you to install android apks
9900 I believe has BB7.

I miss my classic, I had to get rid of it though since it was 2slow and I gotta go fast

whatsapp not supported on bb10

There's workarounds and plenty of third party support. I don't personally use whatsapp because I live in America but it still works on BB10.

>have bb passport
>no support whatsoever
>can't use what's app without tons of bugs
Awesome

Definitely, I love mine

Did you download the one on blackberry forums?

yep

I'll buy it from you for 10 shekels

I thought so but maybe not. Do I have to do anything special after installing it?

This, literally the only reason I didn't get a Keyone and went with a Sony xz1 compact. Such a shame, but they will fix that sooner or later.

Just got a BlackBerry Motion about a week ago. It's running Android 7.1.2. Coming from BlackBerry 10, there's a few things I miss but overall I'm really happy with this phone and Android. Any recommended apps to replace Google apps?

I would've bought a Keyone in a heartbeat if you could install LinageOS on it

Noo but you have to sideload it with google chrome.

The keys aren't saved though, you have to reenter them every time. I probably have an older version though.

Nah, not really.
Also their mandatory email service is backdoored. That was known before snowden.
But of course you're a professional that doesn't need to be scared.

are there any obscure chinese phones with trackpads and keyboards?

>business is good