/dgg/- DeGoogle General

Friendly reminder that if you're a person who respects their individual privacy and freedom, there is no reason to be using the products created by the botnet that is the Google company.

There is a plethora of options available for you to replace your Google apps that are lighter, faster and better in general, including respect for freedom and privacy.

>search engine?

SearX, DuckDuckGo, StartPage, Yandex (Soviet Botnet)

>browser?

Pale Moon, Waterfox, Brave, Vivaldi

>email?

Self Host, cock.li, Proton Mail, Hotmail (Still Botnet) Yandex (Soviet Botnet)

>cloud storage?

Syncthing, ownCloud, Nextcloud

app store?

F-Droid, Yalp for Play Store front end

>YouTube?

NewPipe for mobile, not signing in on desktop

>SMS/Hangouts?

XMPP, Signal.

>calendar?

Nextcloud, ownCloud, RadiCAL,

>keep?

NextCloud, keep it in your emails.

>news?

RSS client, Librenews

Central subreddit:

reddit.com/r/degoogle

List of Software you can Self-Host

github.com/Kickball/awesome-selfhosted

NextCloud Providers

nextcloud.com/providers/

OwnCloud Providers,

owncloud.org/providers/

WebMail Comparison

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_webmail_providers

Other urls found in this thread:

privacytools.io/
degooglisons-internet.org/?l=en
degooglisons-internet.org/alternative?l=en
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

> Regular Firefox in placebo tier
This has clearly been edited just to troll. Nice try though. I remember the real one, I just didn't save it.

Why is everyone on here a firecuck?

It's excellent tier in the real image. I'll concede that IceCat is more free, but blocking proprietary JS ruins too many sites I use regularly.

Cool.

Isn't Silence better than Signal?

Being this tin foil everyday, the paranoia of /g

What is Silence? Signal is more widespread but I'll look into Silence as well.

if our threat model includes both Google, US-zog (including Switzerland) and Putler-zog what do for email

That's easy. Self-host. If not, use Proton mail even though it's Swiss.

>email
digitalsafe
Tom Woods did an episode

muh jews taking over

>Jewish people are weak and inferior to whites but are taking over everything

>palemoon
>degoogle

palemoon is sponsored by google

Sauce?

Remove those spaces, link InstallGentoo android software wiki and privacytools.io/

Thoughts on qwant?

Nice projection, faggot. You're the only one talking about the Jews in this thread.

>vivaldi
>duck duck go
OPINIONS DISCARDED

WELCOME TO THE PAJEET SEKRIT SHILL THREAD

>le projection meme

Shit pasta
>Youtube
recommend hooktube instead of "not logging in"

And for news, recommend paywalnews.com

Damn this pasta is too basic for a general

We need this thread up AT ALL TIMES.

I agree pls sticky mods.

>Mozilla has been compromised and can’t be trusted
What’s the matter? Are your corporate mayonnaise guzzling beliefs a little shaken?

>Mozilla trying to fight misinformation
Isn't that a good thing? Why would you support misinformation? Are you just spreading misinformation yourself?

Most of that shit in the OP aren't even real alternatives.

>search engine

Half of those still query Google.

>Browser

Half of those still are Blink-based.

>email

Decent alternatives, though half of those still are botnets

>cloud storage

People aren't using Google Drive because of the Drive features but because it essentially offers an actually viable alternative to Microsoft Office. And it's a great thing there's such an alternative at all, because Microsoft having an effective monopoly on this kind of market was ridiculous.

>app store

You mean Google-free android, if anything (which I think is almost impossible or not maintained anymore?). And having an app store doesn't fucking help if I still cannot update, etc all my android apps through it.

>YouTube

That's not an alternative, it's a different browser for the same service. There's no YT alternative, which is honestly pretty ridiculous.

>SMS/Hangouts

Who the fuck even uses those

>calendar
>keep
>news

Fair enough

French Free Software advocacy organization Framasoft had a DeGoogle-ify the internet that resulted in setting up over 30 services to replace centralized proprietary stuff, most of these being instances of already existing software that you can install on your own server.

degooglisons-internet.org/?l=en
degooglisons-internet.org/alternative?l=en

what's wrong with MEGA?

>Boycotts anything that opposes Fox News/Brietbart narrow world view
>No, really we're the ones with open minds
>We're the party of the first amendment

That's pretty neat.

>Brave in excellent tier
Obvious troll is obvious

You're drawing unintended conclusions. This is about rejecting corporate and government ownership over your data and your computing and embracing privacy.

searx has been annoying me because google's started blocking it so I'm only getting bing results, so i've temporarily switched back to google botnet
looking for a free, custom domain email host
cock.li looks perfect but no custom domains :/

Wouldn't it be simple enough to find a way to disable the fact checker engine nonsense? Also wouldn't it be smarter to first research how said engine affects daily use of the internet?

>blink-based
who the fuck cares?

Use startpage for searching

How the fuck is IceCat grouped with the pozzed FF browsers and Pale Meme isn't?

This. Also Safari is not shit tier you plebs.

Best browser with tree style tabs?

Twitch is the best youtube alternative. You can even upload mp4’s up to 20 GB.

>no Netrunner
heh, shit tier chart

>On August 8 2017 Mozilla partnered with George Soros to fight "misinformation" Mozilla has been compromised and can't be trusted

Anything included with your OS is shit-tier, my dude. Always replace Internet Explorer, Edge, or Safari that is at least source available and has all the basics.

If you're using macOS safari is way easier on the battery than any 3rd party browsers. I'm usually close to an outlet when I'm out so I stick to FF most of the time but if I won't be able to charge for a while Safari is alright and extends my battery life by quite a bit.

Well, I suppose if you are already on the Apple train you might as well ride it home.

> 20GB MP4's
Who in the US could possibly do that? lol

Is OP saying that Google is the US gubbmint?

We have known that the US gubmint uses Google as a part of PRISM.

That is not necessarily unique to Google. When I think of a big corporation like entity that shepherds the botnet of mindless sheeplike individuals, one entity in particular comes to mind.

That's why I said as a part. Over 150 corporations and 30 countries are in on PRISM, it's safe to say any large corporation is a part of it.

I dont remember any literature saying that jewish people are "weak and inferior"
I remember literature saying that jews are hostile and dangerous, tough.

Google in particular stands out. I know that wh*Te subhumans have trouble distinguishing video games and reality. If the internet were real life, Google could very well be said to be the US gubbermint.

... which I think is OP's point, to project the evils of one entity onto another by exploiting the ambiguity between the virtual world and reality.

White subhumans? Now you're just being retarded and gay.

>right wingers trying to hijack degoogle

Is there anything you shitters wont try to ruin?

>muh George Soros conspiracy
>muh mainstream media is fake news
>muh Russia is actually good now
>muh reverse racism
>muh race realism
>muh google is discriminating against conservatives by not letting us be vile racists!

Im sorry youre a loser whos parents beat you or you got stood up at prom so now you hate women or you arent as smart as you think and got beat out by pajeet for the job you wanted. I am truly sorry.

Youre just making it worse for yourself engaging in full blown retard politics.

Even if you genocided every minority and "liberal" in America, you still wouldnt be any smarter, nore capable or successful. Youll still be a loser.

Instead of lashing out in bitterness at society for your failure, work to better yourself and improve your critical thinking ability. If youre not willing to do that, at least get the fuck out of the way so the actual productive people dont have to get buttfucked by the inheritance million and billionaires you idiots are so willing to submit to. Some of us actually value ourselves and our work enough to not be the whores of the billionaire elites.

Actual productive people dont need billionaire daddies or advantage for being white and all your retarded shit.

Shame you idiots are trying to ruin degoogling too. Already shilling Russian mass surveillance botnets.

Stop talking about yourself while referring to others you filthy wh*Te subhuman. You literally do not know the difference between left and right.

What's wrong with more support for degoogling?

How could you see this as a bad thing?

Fuck off politicalfag. Some things transcend left/right, privacy is one of them.

These filthy wh*Teoids are advocating the overthrow of their own government while hoping the public is fooled by referring to it as "Google". This is as low as low can be.

They are gambling as they literally do not know which is which.

>Isn't that a good thing?
Not if misinformation is defined as "things I don't like", which is the case with these people.

I thought Twitch was only for livestreaming video games?

>DeGoogle
>visit Sup Forums and post
pick one, and only one. Sup Forums and de-googling is an oxymoron.

You people will find anything to fucking complain about. It's a fucking web browser. Who fucking cares? Jesus Christ.

>but blocking proprietary JS ruins too many sites I use regularly.
that's optional