People unironically paying $99 a year to be a part of the irl botnet

>people unironically paying $99 a year to be a part of the irl botnet
>people willingly putting always listening microphones, and soon cameras
i want off this fucking wild ride, the future is gonna be a dystopian surveillance shithole

Other urls found in this thread:

washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-partisan/wp/2017/10/25/amazon-key-is-silicon-valley-at-its-most-out-of-touch/?utm_term=.c21a362ad3a7
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>those shoes
a fag lives there

>fags
Welcome to the botnet.

you sound upset op

Nobody besides silicon valley mental cases wants that shit. Same for the Walmart version. I also don't know anybody who has one of those home assistant things.

>exploit is found
>anyone can open your door
WHY THE FUCK IS THE INTERNET OF THINGS TAKING OFF? WHY THE FUCK DO I NEED A DOORKNOB WITH AN INTERNET CONNECTION?

>not having home security
>not like convenience for package delivery

They won't want it now.

But they'll put a lot of buzzwords on it, and associate it with wealth, and market the hell out of it.

Am I gonna have to innawoods to escape from this crap when I'm old? I just want to do computer shit without wifi signals echolocating my position to some government server like a little bitch.

>literally lets postmen open up your door
Holy shit fuck that. Just leave my package outside.

you don't gotta worry bout stolen packages if you live in a whitey neighborhood!

WE GOT FUN N GAMES

medium kek

Just get a postbox if you order shit online a lot. It can't possibly be more expensive than a botnet lock.

To protect against porchshopping. It's actually a good idea but implemented poorly. I would love one but fixed to a small closet/compartment accessible from the front porch. This way I wouldn't have to worry about porch shoppers, and I wouldn't have to worry about anyone exploiting it to break into my home

I just get things delivered to my local courier depot and pick them up from there. A little bit of effort is far better than paying to be part of the botnet.

Be honest /g, you'd use this if you could afford it

Feels good being rich

Why not just have a library styled dropper installed and amazon-key that instead of potentially being robbed by underpaid delivery men.

This is targeted to the wealthy, upper-middle class types who don't give two fucks about being tracked or actually knows what the fuck is going on because they pay people to do literally everything else for them. A person paying in Amazon Key is also likely paying a maid service to come into their home twice a week to clean and nannies to drive their kids everywhere.

Why not build your own and register the lock?

washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-partisan/wp/2017/10/25/amazon-key-is-silicon-valley-at-its-most-out-of-touch/?utm_term=.c21a362ad3a7
>"You 25 year old manchildren are so out of touch with reality! REEEEEEEE!"

Why not build a safe and install the amazon lock on that? Now you have ease of mind from porch thieves and the amazon employees won't be allowed in your home.

>the future is gonna be a dystopian surveillance shithole
>gonna be
You don't think it already is? There's already a device in everyone's pocket listening to everything within earshot.

If I even wanted to participate in this fucking gay IoT bullshit, I'd much rather Amazon have access to a dropbox outside my front door. On my porch or doorstep or whatever.
Seriously. Allowing access to the home is fucking stupid. It's a disaster waiting to happen.
Just invest in bins or boxes or coffin-shaped receptacles that you and the courier have access to.

The difference is there's no shiny neon lights everywhere, and no blade runner-esque architecture. But boy do we have a lot of monolithic tech giants.

You can already add special instructions to orders on exactly where to put an item without this key shit. So, you really could add a false panel or something to hide stuff.

>Listening to everything
Is there a way out? Dumb phone? Root and disable input permissions?

Do you really think not having one yourself is a way out? Everyone around you has one. Literally the only way to avoid it is to innawoods.

Is the botnet going to ruin all the normies?

>going
you really don't get it pal, huh?
Is already happening.

If you go out into the public you give up all expectations of privacy.

That's because Neon is deprecated; RGB LED is the new hotness.

This extends to closed door meetings, anyone you invite into your home, and any other circumstance where privacy is expected outside of you being a shut in that never talks to anyone.

I can't wait until RGB clothes start becoming ironically cool to wear so we can have a retro-future 80s thing.

Check people you invite in your home and make them leave their cell phones outside. Problem solved.

You don't actually interact with normal people, do you?

If you cared about privacy you wouldn't. Why would you willingly let someone bring in one of these so called "spying devices" into your home if you cared about your privacy so much?

You've completely ignored the part where I said "outside of you being a shut in that never talks to anyone", because we're talking about scenarios where privacy is expected when other people are around. If you're the weird shut in guy, you obviously don't have the problem of other people's devices listening to you.

God bless you user for putting words to this internal feeling in my spleen that keeps screaming this is all fucked.

"i want off this fucking wild ride, the future is gonna be a dystopian surveillance shithole"

>muuuuhhhh botnet xDDDD

>xD

it's like a mailbox.... but bigger

I shit you not there's a fucking bikergang in my town consisting of late 20 - early 30 somethings, they ride around at night and wear these stupid ass glowing tron outfits

lol you idiots
it's called a fucking p.o. box and it cost $80 a fucking year ahahahahah

anyone who can afford to be part of this botnet can also afford insurance and home security, ergo they don't worry about petty things like theft because they won't be financially devastated if they actually DID get robbed.

Amazon is going to be insane...
>Amazon Go will track what you buy and know if you have I.e. an alcohol problem and what you eat.
>Amazon will know what you buy in general
>Amazon key will have access to your home
>Amazon phones will know who you call and your position and so on

Normies will praise it and say we live in the future...
We are fucked.. Like completely fucked.. Privacy is no longer a thing

Mail service in the US is so bad that when you're not home the fucking mailman LEAVES your fucking PACKAGE on your fucking PORCH

What the FUCK

I've got a dog to protect against porchshopping porchmonkeys. Also works wonders against other scum.

Sup Forums, why don't people just use the thing libraries use instead of this? You know, the metal slit in the wall that only lets books in and doesn't allow for stealing? It can just be a box outside your door with the slit

Pros: No Botnet

Con: None

Actually not a bad idea... Why not just create a big metal box with a lock for Amazon in... Like it can be outside and that way the package won't be stolen and amazon won't be able to enter your house...

do you not know what a fucking p.o. box is? it's a little box that they drop a key or note in, at their own facility (which for most people is within 1 mile) and then you get your package by using said key to open a larger box or presenting the note to the clerk to get your package. I've been using it for 3 years getting packages from Spain, Italy, China, Japan, and any state in the union on the regular and it works perfectly fine.

While i do pay for some 25year old Slav to clean my house twice a week, I would never install something that'd open the doors on the whims of the electronic merchant.

Mail service in the US is so bad you have to PAY for a fucking POST OFFICE BOX to make sure YOUR package doesn't get LIFTED

that is so stupid. everyone has a mailbox, you pay extra for security.

I've been playing MtG and Warhammer at a club that collects all electronic devices at the gate for about 4 years now. You have no idea how liberating it is and how great the atmosphere inside is.

>you pay extra for security
You really don't get it, do you?

What if the package was bigger than the metal slit?
What if porchniggers found a way to unlock the door through the slit?

Using a post office box is superior, and we leafs don't even have to pay for it. Unless you're one of those faggots who think there should be tolls on roads.

Let me guess, you also think you don't have to pay for "free" health care.

>mailman delivers mail to your home at 11am
>you work until 5pm
>the post office closes at 5:30pm
>it takes 40 minutes to drive from work to the post office
clearly the issue here is that america is a shithole

>Post office closes at 5:30pm
What a shithole. Don't the service job working plebs in America care about people working real jobs?

>It's another NEET - Can't afford episode.
Yawn.

People working real jobs get packages delivered to their offices.

>using company resources to get personal packages delivered to you
You're fired.

It's a standard practice everywhere. If you worked a real job you wohld know.

Unfortunately now that Amazon delivery is just freelanced guys who rent vans and don't adhere to labour laws or standards I get shit like
>couldn't deliver twice, come pickup
maybe you shouldn't waste your, and my time delivering to an address that's obviously a fucking office building on Saturday and Sunday

Wouldn't know about that. I live in Austria and we've got no post-stealing savages in my neighbourhood.

>everywhere
nah. where i live its more like
>get a mail from the sender
>tracking number ofc included
>go to the shippers website
>enter destination address and shipping code to get to the delivery options
now the options are
>regular delivery
>delivery to a neighbor at specified address
>drop it at a specified point on your property
>leafe it at a post office right away
Works for me. No need for a stranger to open my front door with help from amazon

>Normies will praise it and say we live in the future
This is how we will become /cyb/

I'd unironically sign up to this in Japan.

Why do Americans get their packages left on porches?

Because you have a slightly higher chance of actually getting your package if they leave it on the porch as opposed to going to the depot to pick it up.

There are mailboxes especially build for big packages. You can get a cheap one for around $150-200.

And even higher chance of niggers taking them. What's the point.

Is it actually worse that niggers take your stuff than the courier?

I was accounting for that in my statement.

tfw ywn live in a bunker

Well, the courier company is responsible for losing your package then. They should pay you for that. Niggers won't.

I just get all my packages delivered to work.

just put a door on your porch.

Either way is loss of package, and with Amazon that'll get you a free redelivery.

>ITS THE END OF THE WORLD AS WE KNOW IT AND I FEEEEL FINE
take me back

what kind of shitty country do you live in? i've never had a single package lost due to having to pick it up from the post shop

It's America, user. Land of the free.

He probably does, this is an increasingly normal thing for events to do, there are quite a few high profile articles espousing the benefits of banning phones, I'd almost go so far as to call it trendy.

>a bunch of metal boxes, a few buildings, and some low wage support staff vs. one of the most costly things that a human needs to survive due to state of the art facilities and high cost medical practitioners
>taxation = theft
Okay, user. I get it. You're a libertarian. You've made your point.
Mailboxes are still superior to don't tread on me snekboxes that can be more easily broken into by porchniggers.

It's weird though, if a company asks people for access to their homes they'd think of it as highly suspicious, but make it a premium service and all of a sudden people trust you.

leave a cage and opened pad lock then you fucking soyboy

literally everyone i know who has money owns at least Alexa, most people have it and Google Home

Most Americans live in white or rural areas where your packages aren't stolen.
If you live in culturally enriched areas you get a PO box.

Literally noone I know owns any of that shit

A dumb phone is not the way out since it still listens and transmits over cellular, and we have had ML models that were used to identify people based on voice through dumbphones. Plus everyone else has a phone too. Unironically the only way out is to drop all electronics that transmit and receive signals. If you're receiving or sending any information there's always something that can be used to craft a fingerprint that maps to you. Even something as simple as listening to the radio.

uh, my $2000 tpe sex doll isn't gonna fit in there, sweetie

Should I go full schizo and turn my house into a faraday cage?

Really wish this became a thing but it's probably just one last breath from the tech hating boomer resistance and the fad will quickly die.

That’s probably your best option. Even pulling electricity from the “grid” could probably map you. Basically, if (((they))) really want to find you, they could

>the future is gonna be a dystopian surveillance shithole
It already is, it's going to get worse though.

>degrees in CS and EE
>tough workplace that filters out soyboys/females
>makes sjw's angry because his food store don't accept food stamps

Why exactly do you hate him?

>tough workplace that filters out soyboys/females
I was harrased by their HR 5 fucking times for harmless jokes. I don't think you know how feminized corporate HR departments are.

Amazon isn't a Silicon Valley company.

>we leafs don't even have to pay for it
>SHITS FREE!
No, it isn't. Your system just forces everyone to pay for it.

>Why exactly do you hate him?
I don't, he's pretty based.

I can't fucking take it anymore. I wish I stayed ignorant. I wish I stayed clueless like the dumb normalfag I was. Fuck this shit.