Every day

>every day

If only there was a program that took care of updating all programs at once at your request, or automatically. I call it a "package manager".

i used to say no because i don't trust these cunts

Disable the schedule task and startup of the updater?

>Having Java installed

Thanks for the flashbacks of loading up XP and seeing this shit every other day.

Was oracle snorting coke back then?

I think it was overly frequent "security updates" in response to hysteria over "Java is so unsafe" because everyone was just running embedded Java applets with full system permissions within their web browser back then. But I doubt it did much to keep users from telling Java to fuck off their system.

Why didn't they just release security patches to that fix the issue instead of essentially making you redownload Java every fucking time.

Same with Apple and iTunes, a new version like every week, and instead of just updating the it with like a couple MB or KB patch files, it makes you redownload the entire 100MB program.

No no that's too easy.

Modularity for the sake of speed of redistribution was something that the industry had to learn. Kind of Ironic that the JVM, of all things, was dropping the ball so late in the game on this, but that's just how history happened.

There is, it is called Chocolatey.

Too bad brainlets can't handle it.

>being so fucking computer illiterate in 2018 that you can't uncheck a goddamn box

Quicktime? Damn that's a throwback.

I heard it was shit though. Should I use it? I would think it'll get messy as every program also updates itself, or does it stop programs from updating themselves if you install using choco?

this shit not help
need to do it from administrator or something
Java was big sabotage

then ask your mom to give you temporary acess to her admin account so you can uncheck this box
geez

>installing Java in the first place

at least those updates didn't force you to install them or restart you computer mid work hours

>#justwin10problems

>>every day
It's always 14:02 somewhere in the world

>what is gpedit

last time i had JDK was in 2008

Valid until next big update comes and removes the template.

works on my machine :^)

This shit is installed on every other office PC because they just click next every time the Java update comes up.

why are you not using openjdk from zulu or redhat ????

>it's ok to be a cuck
I haven't seen this many denial since Ronald Regan's "I'm not a crook".

For now™

wasn't it Nixon though?

The indians that make java still haven’t figured out a way to allow updates without needing to be root. It’s the year 2018 and those fucktards still require you root permissions

It was indeed. Not sure where they got Reagan from.

Chocolately is garbage lmao

>Not having Java installed

>oracle

underage v& probably

I need java installed for coding reasons.

the only reason you would have java installed is if you use freenet because there is no choice. otherwise using java for anything specially on windows is really dumb.

Still better than no package manager at all.

Choco basically just downloads the installers and runs them. It does nothing to the programs themselves. So, they'll update themselves.

choco upgrade all -y
Upgrades all packages installed through choco. It uses the method you mentioned and is fairly slow compared to any package management in Linux, but still much faster than running each program.

Fug, thanks user for reminding me XP times.

>flash games (shockwave media), ICQ, MIRC, MSN, ultima online, quake tournaments

FUGGGGGGG

>Not using OpenJDK
>Not using OpenJDK on Linux
Serves you well

/thread

Install Gentoo

... and every time it fails to install.

I remember when I was in high school one of my dad's friends was an employee at Oracle, right after they had bought Sun. I had left my laptop out and he saw the notification to upgrade Java, and said I should update it because it's rare when they push out an update so it must be important.

As an IT guy I think about this a lot.

thank dog java, flash and shockwave are no longer a thing.

ha. shockwave. I think i can safely blame them for gpa decline around 6th grade.