Admit it, you always reinstall Windows for the games

Admit it, you always reinstall Windows for the games.

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/groups/VFIO
appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=32908&sAllBugs
appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?bShowAll=true&bIsQueue=false&bIsRejected=false&sClass=version&sTitle=&sReturnTo=&iId=26553
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yes, but that's just one of multiple OSes on that machine and Windows is only used for gaming (no access to NAS or other non-gaming private data).

My philosophy is:
>If wine can't play it, it's not worth it.

The only games I care to play work on OS X, Linux, or both.

>reinstall
i'm not autistic

that's mine as well but I'm sad for Ys.

yep there is no other reason why

That's more like denial than philosophy.

>he plays games

Do people who have PCs capable of running Dark Souls well even use Linux?

Dark souls is just unoptimised. High-number i7s can emulate demons souls and play dark souls on PC at the same framerate.

I only play Dominions/Smash/D:OS

My plan was to play more games, but turns out I found a job. Shucks. Infosec is more fun anyway.

I dual boots.
Unlike the others.

No need to reinstall an OS on bare metal every time I want to do something OS-specific... I'm not some sad brainlet. I either start my Steam gaming VM or request a new Windows instance attached to my high performance GPU from my VM management tool, and I can run whatever I want (Win games or software) with minimal risk. I whitelist capabilities as appropriate, like access to real storage, access to LAN, WAN, or networking at all, and any changes made during normal running aren't preserved.

Overthewire is a drug

I have window 7 on desktop for games, but the majority of the time I use arch on my laptop

Dual boot OSX sierra/windows

Thinking of just console gaming

Anybody who dual boots is a fucking idiot and should an hero, including (You).
If you're a Linux fag and you have a Windows partition strictly for gayms, you're retarded. Complicating shit when you want to do anything that isn't gaming.
>I'll just open up this document while in between games and-- oh, right, that's on my Linux install.

If you enjoy games, embrace the botnet and use Windows. If you only use emulators or don't game at all, use a Linux distro. It's that fucking simple.
You're an idiot if you needlessly complicate your life because you're afraid macrohard is watching you.

Did someone steal your candy, sperglord?

I never really left windows.
Linux is better but it's more of a hobby, you may not like to hear it but having access to less applications is a downgrade however you cut it.
I'm not going to spend thousands on hardware just to restrict it with software.

Run games or platform-locked programs in Windows with a full GPU, at 95%+ performance, on Linux. KVM PCI-passthrough, Looking Glass, and some small shell scripts will give you your Windows programs & games running alongside your Linux shit near seamlessly... but you can control almost everything about how Windows runs to your liking.

Give it access only to WAN, only to LAN, both, or neither. Firewall it so it can only communicate on a game port. Have it always start from a known good configuration, discarding all changes each time it shuts down. Give it direct access to a GPU or any other hardware.. or don't.

>t. brainlet wot doesn't into partitions

>inferior experience

>>I'll just open up this document while in between games
I don't play western games so I don't tend to do that, ever.

>VM
What's the point? You like input latency?

VM for hentai. That's literally it.

I don't notice any. Oculus Rift doesn't even complain, and it's my understanding that it's especially sensitive to that sort of thing.

Perhaps your understanding of modern virtualization systems and how performant they've become is lacking. I encourage you to bring yourself up to date. There's some really cool, viable stuff you can do with consumer equipment now.

Or your processor is just good enough in both situations.

its a nice solution when you have 2 GPUs

>2000 + 18
>playing what everyone plays
>prefering graphics over great gameplay
>not trying to git gud in nethack or dwarf fortress

OH, it's one of those threads..

>nethack
>dwarf fortress
Unengaging slow paced indie garbage

I know you are, what am I?

:^)

Thanks for the bump nigger

Dark souls runs at 60 FPS on my old PC, does it run badly on weaker computers or something? I have an i7 and gtx 970, I don't run loonix on that one but I do run Linux on some of my devices.

Yes, it's a badly optimised game. On all my PCs, it runs at sub 60fps while not utilising more than 70% of my gpu and cpu.

Ah yes, the sour grapes philosophy.

What is Sup Forums's opinion of dark souls?

Very very poor port, though the game works just fine in locked 30fps.

>his documents are not on the cloud

Nah.
steamcommunity.com/groups/VFIO

Linux is just better for anything programming related so yeah.

Not Sup Forums related.

MODS!

This is why I have console, PC gaming is what hold me back from linux.

see

just have a windows machine only for games, no internet (unless to download more games) no nada
Have fun playing Y's

also there is some dude making flatpak visual novels

PC has no good games

I play a game like once a week max, why would i suffer through the whole week with windows for 30 minutes of gaming per week.
GNU/linux is better for everything anyway, just too busy to set up PCI-passthrough

>for everything
*you do

I have some peripherals with no Linux support, I keep a small Windows partition around for that.

Thats what my PS4 is for.

>Wanting to be distracted by games when working
>Wanting to be distracted by work when gaming

> Time.now.strftime("%Y")
> He doesn't have a separate machines for gaming and work
I am terribly disappointed in you, user.

So, turboautism.

>being a spoiled rich kid

If you absolutely must play manchild games, buy a fucking console. Don't make yourself suffer windows.

But user, I'm 25 years old. How can I be a kid?

see

>what is virtualization
>what is pci passthrough
>what is headless pci passthrough
Stay C U C K E D winfag, in the last 5 years windows has become more of a burden than actual useful software, like those times when you had to install flash to see swf content on some websites.

stop liking what i don't like

user, we both know what those swf files actually contain!
Abandon your sinful ways now.

>tart my Steam gaming VM
LOL with a best 75% CPU and GPU power
KYS retard

Why yes, I too find lovely the idea of running the same operating system, only worse. I might as well just underclock my cpu/gpu and keep using windows so I won't have to deal with random reboots or whatever is contemporary in Linux.

I've got two ssds in my system one for Linux which I use 90% of the time the other is for Windows when I want to play a game, rebooting takes a few seconds if that. Linux is fun to play around with

This is fake?

look it up? And don't get too hyped, officially this will just be natively implemented dsfix and enbseries.

Doubt it

spoken like a true stubborn loser

I dont reinstall windows because i just use a dedicated machine for them. switch and wiiu have better games anyway

The performance decrease doing pci passthrough is negligible, you won't notice the difference, winbabby.

Running windows exclusively on a pc is retarded, why run only one shit OS when you could be running multiple operating systems? Isolating vms is a godbless for the privacy minded, and snapshots are awesome time savers.

I guess it doesn't make much sense for people who are exclusively Sup Forumstards, but there is a lot of good stuff in virtualization for average people who don't mind a bit of complexity

not even close to true, holy shit

It's true. My journey:
>Holy fuck Windows is gay. Ubuntu is great!
>muh Arch Sup Forums desktop threads
>install gentoo
>macOS is the true heir to UNIX.
Now, I just recently installed Windows 10 through Boot Camp so I can play muh niche Atelier games. Just works

>appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=32908&sAllBugs
>appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?bShowAll=true&bIsQueue=false&bIsRejected=false&sClass=version&sTitle=&sReturnTo=&iId=26553

newest versions of windows 10 are great and unironically better than the absolute mess that MacOS and Ubuntu have been making of themselves the last two years

>video games

>I'll just open up this document while in between games and-- oh, right, that's on my Linux install.

> can't into ext drivers for windows

>negligible
Yeah if you cover the recommended requirements for all software twofold.

500gb ssd for linux
250gb ssd for windows

i did not boot in to windows for like 2 months maybe more :(
total time spend in windows last year was maybe 4 hours
i sold my trix r9 290 like 2 years ago and did not buy new gaming card

I kinda miss it, but I also cant do it anymore either
I am getting bored by games very quickly, getting the unrest, feeling like wasting time
its a strangest thing

still not better than Win7

win7 is garbage
win10 is garbage

win 8.1 with classic shell is where you dont feel like living in the age of ottoman like with win7 with some nice features,
but also does not feel like you just got fucked in the eye by microsoft with ads in start menu and forced two annual win reinstalls and settings resets

that is unless you need dx12

windows doesn't support ext4 or xfs or btrfs

Name one genuine improvement over win 7 other than hard drive space.

or access to uwp platform
or virtual desktops
or WSL
or docker
or having your fonts and scrollbars not rendered by kernel, thus suffering huge performance drop from meltdown mitigation patch.

>or having your fonts and scrollbars not rendered by kernel
?

The only "Game" I play is Chess.

>"Older versions of Windows have a larger performance impact because Windows 7 and Windows 8 have more user-kernel transitions because of legacy design decisions, such as all font rendering taking place in the kernel," Myerson asserted.

>Windows didn't have virtual desktops before 10
Lmao really?

You wanna go, bruv?
You startin' eh? You startin' m8?
Post your lichess id, i'll mess you up proper.

But if I remove the patch, isn't kernel rendering faster in general?

>genuine improvement
you will shot down anything i name but lets start

- the copy dialog showing graph of speed and you actually can pause them, oh muh god
- taskbar is better, easier to use, in win7 i fucking hated how they put max lan throughput 1gbit as top of graph.. oh sure I will see my internet speed there
- file history backup is absolutely amazing and what people needed, seemless data backup and easy recovery
- as someone who needs two keyboards layout the ability to switch keyboard for whole system and not only for the active window I am currently
- the fact I can install win8.1 or win10 for that matter on a notebook or PC and dont miss 15 drivers
- or the fact that I can actually plug the disk out ram it on a completely different mobo/chipset and it boots and adjust

>reinstall

No, because I'm computer literate and run many OS in VMs.

Runs a shitload faster and smoother as a VM than windows 10, and that's all that matters.

I don't play against Plebs

>- as someone who needs two keyboards layout the ability to switch keyboard for whole system and not only for the active window I am currently
You can do that in W7.

> posts Fischer
> pretends to act manly and mature
Well done.
(Seriously though, do you want to play a match or two?)

>as someone who needs two keyboards layout the ability to switch keyboard for whole system and not only for the active window I am currently
Tхиc.