So will these captchas keep working or are they retiring this in March too? Should I be worried...

So will these captchas keep working or are they retiring this in March too? Should I be worried? I'm fine with these since they're so easy but I don't know how long I should expect to have them.

These are the ones you'll have to cope with. The ones that is retired is the "V1" for which you had to type two words.

I like these, but the other day it started asking me to type some captcha and the image was broken, so i'm not sure to trust them fully.
Also, has 4chanX been acting up for someone else?
The blue outline for posts seems to be doing random stuff like flickering, or only covering one side of the post and such.

>other day it started asking me to type some captcha and the image was broken
I had that too. I had to change IP to get rid of it.

if they disable it half of Sup Forums will be gone
this will be because new captcha requires non-free javascript

I tried going back to the regular V2, but fuck that shit, after 2 hours of posting it began asking me to fill 20 captchas.

Well that's a relief since these are not at all a problem IMO. The reason the new captcha was so annoying was because 1) you have to solve so many and 2) 90% of the time it's that slowly fading bullshit. Not only are these instant but it's a mere three images each time. AND you can solve them with the numpad. Very nice.

This happened to me once but it happened right after I tried to install a Chrome theme. I'm not sure if it's connected or not but it did go back to normal after I disabled the theme and restarted Chrome. Not sure what that's about but it seems like a rare issue.

By the way, I thought V2 was uncrackable but even after the legacy captcha was finally turned off I've been seeing that irritating guy on /qa/ botting nonstop. I thought the only reason he was able to do that was because of legacy captcha. Is V2 not as infallible as people thought?

Dashchan is very comfy about these, they are always the three types, the only problem is that sometimes the description is missing

> the only problem is that sometimes the description is missing
Yep, I've become surprisingly good at deducing what I should be clicking on

that one depends on the security level setting. i think that the lowest level allows to use that but higher do not.

maybe use speech to text or just guess until its accepted or pay for the pass or some street shitters.

Hm. Yeah, I guess it could be any of those. I spoke too soon though, it seems like he hasn't been active in a while. Maybe he did it manually the first day and then gave up.

Wait, so the current V2 captcha with all the slow fading and shit is the LOWEST level? Jesus. I'm scared to imagine what harder captcha looks like.

what if, right, what if all this is Google testing our obedience? soon enough they'll condition us into doing just about anything, just so we could shitpost.

It's not google's fault that Moot decided it was a cool idea to have captchas EVERY. FUCKING. POST.

It's clear that google is using captcha to refine self-driving cars, but Sup Forums is the only site on the internet that makes you solve potentially hundreds of captchas per day. Every other site it's like one or two at best.

Why would you bother posting 100 times a day?

I think its a good thing to cut down on the shit posting and it gives people time to reflect on their posting quality and value you fucking faggot.

you're right, it makes no sense. it makes more sense to blame those who put this shit on their site, and even those of us who participate in this scheme by solving tens, perhaps hundreds of them a day. i'm just afraid google might use this as an opportunity to identify those of us who are obedient enough to go through hundreds of captchas every single day and the rules of puzzles would slowly turn into orders you have to carry out. soon it'll be gamified to the point where you'll have to grind through 30+ captchas just to regain your shitposting rank.

>Error, you seem to have mistyped the CAPTCHA. Please try again.
How do I stop this shit. I have to do upwards of 20 tries just to post once because of this shit.
>Inb4 4chanX

>>Inb4 4chanX
That's the answer though. I was having that error too and I was getting really mad because nobody was telling me how to fix it. Installed 4chanX and I've never had that problem since. I'd wager it's an issue on google's side that they still haven't fixed.

I've moved onto using sound captcha. Works every time and wastes less time.

Google is a shady company and I'm sure they will indeed try to take advantage of this but the problem wouldn't exist in the first place if this site's moderation was actually any good. The mods do absolutely nothing to stop ban evaders from returning, they just follow the warning-warning-warning-1 day ban-3 day ban process all over again as if it's an entirely different person.

I think you're an idiot. I'd call you a shill but sadly the Trump presidency has led me to realize that there are people who are genuinely this dumb.

In what universe do you live that sound captcha takes less time to solve than clicking three pictures? The only downside to the three picture captcha is the window is a little small so it's hard to see. I'm sure I can make it bigger though.

Because ban evasion doesn't work for shit when people have dynamic IP and instead bans innocents in the process, you stupid shit.
Bans were always a shit measure compared to public bans inviting community ire against the banned post therefore making it a psychological deterrent.
That's why Sup Forums turned to bigger shit when public bans stopped being a thing, and also phonecancer.

>In what universe do you live that sound captcha takes less time to solve than clicking three pictures?
In the world where clicking 3 pictures either turns with fading pictures that don't do shit and instead refresh a single frame,
or where clicking the 3 correct pictures still gives an "error incorrect answer" because the captcha AI is as stupid as your dumb ass is.

The 4chanX captcha, dipshit.

If we're talking psychological deterrent there's no better deterrent than threadbans to scare people off posting in shit threads for fear of having to deal with a ban, but they don't do that anymore either. Face it, the technical problems are nothing compared to their outright laziness to be harder with their bans.

I am using the 4chanX captcha you dumbshit.
Every sound captcha so far took 3 seconds, and every single one i did was correct without a single miss.
Meanwhile the time wasted on picture captcha refreshing because of fading frames, or stupid as fuck system that asks for a street sign which is spread over 2 frames (and 1 almost empty which is registered as an error yet you can't avoid) and such bullshit, and unpredictability of how many time the former will happen in a series of refreshes, is so much i could do 30 fucking sound captchas in that time.

THERE ARE NO FADING FRAMES IN 4CHANX CAPTCHA YOU FUCKING RETARD.

You're like the moron who chooses a bag of shit over free money. That's how fucking stupid you are.

There are fading frames, don't make me cap your post and follow it with a webm of it happening to post in a future thread you stupid dumbshit.
It happened literally 1 hour ago.

Prove it with a webm you fucking cocksmoker, I just know you're full of fucking shit.

Oh don't worry, i will. Given how i need 4chanX for Oneechan and people still report occurrences of this happening in the bug report list, i can't wait to see what kind of excuse you'll make, though chances are you won't even rear your dumbshit head to make a single sound.

I'll be right fucking here you penis gobbling moron, ready to tell you what a dick-sucking son of a bitch youare.

Cursing is all you will be able to do, since that's the tactic left to someone who ended up a failure and needs to vent their anger because of it.

Suck my dick you fucking nerd.

those are so shitty, i actually end using the sound ones, it feels faster

you are at the mercy of a global megacorp to post on your sekrit internet club

>By the way, I thought V2 was uncrackable
not really, image recognition is getting places nowadays
especially on such limited environments as street signs

I miss when V2 captcha used relevant holiday pictures. Like around Thanksgiving, "select all turkeys" and around New Year's, "select all fireworks." I wonder why that stopped.

Because Google are dick sucking dogfuckers.

Something they have in common with Donald Trump, then.

Pajeets are $1.8/1000 captcha. A very viable solution.

You must have felt really powerful when you made that post. Wew, I mean, shitting on Trump? Only the bravest people in the world do that.

On one hand shitting on Trump isn't funny anymore.

On the other hand it triggers people like you without fail.

So if I allow the google scripts in umatrix, I don't have to copy and paste the code in the next screen, but doesn't that defeat the purpose of noscript? I'm stupid when it comes to this shit, but it would seem that allowing google scripts would be a bad thing.

THE SOUND ONES DONT EVEN WORK
>automated query
no fuck you

I'm becoming exceedingly adept at identifying road bridges. After all this time coming to this shithole I fell like I'm finally learning a new skill.

I, meanwhile, can identify Jeff Bridges.

This is Jeff Bridges.

Is it just me or are you always required to solve a captcha when you post an image?

No, that's clearly Kenny Rogers

No this is Kenny Rogers.

No, this is Kenny Rogers

they will eventually notice that and show you bridges but want you to select the vehicles instead. just like they ask you to select street sign on the first page and something else on the next

All they've asked so far (since going from CALLES to this) is bridges, buses, cars and apartment buildings. But mainly bridges. I haven't seen any trick questions yet.

Hiro is blatantly ignoring all criticism about the cpatcha, even when linked to threads discussing them.

i may have found a way for myself at least to not click on the pictures is to just shitpost then

forgot to say tab spacebar which has been working for me with all the shitposting i have been doing