Is this still the best browser on Android?

Is this still the best browser on Android?

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/Brave
github.com/brave/browser-android-tabs
forum.xda-developers.com/android/apps-games/app-speed-browser-lightweight-elegant-t2923519
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>webview
lol

It never was.

What is then?

Firefox

Do your own research.

Literally the slowest POS browser I have ever tried on Android.

Kek

>valuing speed over privacy

Firefox focus

fast, but botnet

No, samsung internet is.

No, it's naked browser.

>nonfree meme shit

Based on chrome.

>not using a webview layout

Ninja.

updated once a year and still lack many features

The best browser is Indian Browser!

Perfect for lagdroid users aahaha

But it has 100x more features than any other browser.

It isn't.

>more features than any other browser
Like what?

Yeah, you're right. My bad.

Proprietary software.

Chrome, you idiot

This is a struggle. I like the video download feature and night mode Armorfly has, but it's slow as shit and is owned by a shit company. On the other hand I like chrome's speed. Using Bromite right now. Based on Chrome with built in adblock.

>9.1.6

about:config and full compatibility with desktop addons

I always thought they just used webview + their skin, guess I was wrong.

It got ridulously slow on my moto g 2014. Now I have a redmeme note 4 and I use firefox, enjoying my 4 GB or ram.

>about:config and full compatibility with desktop addons
IcecatMobile has about:config, and i don't care about addons on phone browser.

its free and great and basically ur a fag

You could put satellites into orbit around dat..

Try Brave or Firefox. Brave is better optimised for mobile. Waterfox if you want more privacy and old addon support.

Is Brave for Android open source?

show me the source code or stop shilling naked dev. Also
>webview

Brave

No. It's a botnet like the desktop version.

Brave is malware

Can't use more than one tab

>botnet
Would you please point out where in the source the botnet is implemented?

Brave

But the desktop version is open source.
github.com/Brave

Yes.
github.com/brave/browser-android-tabs

Hello there! You seem to have used the term "open source".
The term "open source" was created by a group of people that did not want to be associated with the free software movement. When I say "free" software (which is one of the alternatives preferable to "open source"). It's not about price; in that case I would say "gratis", or "free as in free beer". It's about "freedom"! This is what the free software movement is fighting for.
So what is "free" software? Free software is any software that guarantees the user the four essential software freedoms:
> 0. Run the program as you wish.
> 1. Study the source code and change it so it does what you wish.
> 2. Redistribute exact copies of the program.
> 3. Distribute your modified version of the program.
Some people decided that they wanted to restrict the user; but being able to study and modify the "open source" code is not enough! This is directly hurting the cause of the free software movement because it takes away the sociological "freedom" aspect of free software and turns it into a technological one.
So for those reasons I ask that in the future you use the terms "free", "free/libre" or, if necessary "FLOSS" (short for "free/libre and open source"), though the latter should still be avoided.
--- COPYRIGHT NOTICE ---
This text is part of the public domain. It may be freely modified, distributed and otherwise used as the reader wishes.

See

>all these niggas who have never heard of Via

Moar, my man!

It's literally garbage and doesn't work as advertised.

Use Brave or Firefox.

Botnet

>press back button
Your back on start page instead of your previous site
That's a browser without settings

i wish firefox was good on android, and i want to like it, but no its fucking terrible

>developed by one chink
>botnet

it's just a bit slower than webview based stuff, it works perfectly for me on lineageOS, what fucking kind of phone are you people using it on that it's so bad

I vote for pic related

It's fine on any modern android device, even budget ones. But yeah, performance is very bad compared to webview. Though I personally don't notice this. Pocket browsing is in general a worse experience than desktop.

I know all of what you've pasted by heart.

>Your back on start page instead of your previous site
It works on my phone

brave

Comfy to use but crashes way too often, esp when loading large pictures. Pajeet shit

Any browser that works with uBlock Origin.

Lightning users, anyone know why if I do a google search, click on a page, and then press back, it goes to the google/new tab page instead of the search results? It's like the only flaw I've encountered but it's making me want to switch

No, Brave is.

There was a bug with the previous version of WebView. The latest version works fine again. (it was literally updated 2 days ago)

Where did you find the update? Lightning hasn't been updated for a long time on F-droid.

I'm talking about the update for WebView. Current version is 64.something which was released two days ago. It might not have arrived on your device yet. Latest Lightning is v4.5.1 I think.

no. this is:
forum.xda-developers.com/android/apps-games/app-speed-browser-lightweight-elegant-t2923519

and next time go shitpost on Sup Forums you fucking nigger

>a dead, buggy fork of Lightning is better than Lightning
fuck off pajeet

Has the naked shill finally offed himself?

It is better you mutt.

>m-muh updates
kys negroid

FF Nightly/Fennec because surfing without ublock/umatrix isn't fun and chrome is a botnet. I don't trust brave and samsung is proprietary.

Icecat is still based from Firefox, I thought the argument was Firefox vs Webview based browsers