Gigabyte Products

Anyone here have any experience with Gigabyte products?

>Buy a 1050ti from Gigabyte
>install it in computer
>run Heaven
> ~15 fps
>what the piss
>call Gigabyte
>they say call Amazon
>call Amazon
>they say all they can do is refund money
>tfw you really want to keep the card

Gigabyte did say they would attempt to repair the card if Amazon didn't have another one in stock. Anyone dealt with them before? Or have any idea what the hell could be wrong with the card?

You forgot to install drivers retard.

I had an MSI 1050 ti in there previously so the drivers were already installed my negrance.

Check the temp. If it's burning hot then it might throttle down. Could be a bad contact or bad paste job.

While the chipset itself is the same the manufacturers are not

Word. You think that's what's causing it? The card came with a CD of drivers but I don't have an optical drive cause muh future facing pc

Go to the gigabyte website and find your card there then download latest drivers. Or install the geforce application and update drivers from there.

And, for good measure, download Display Driver Uninstaller, start your pc in safe mode (press f8 when booting, frantically), use DDU to uninstalll your previous drivers, reboot to normal mode and install the drivers with Gforce experience.

DDU has an option to automatically reboot in safe mode. It's not enabled by default anymore because something about retards forgetting their Windows password.

ITT a Sup Forumsermin proves the stereotypes are true

Shit, never noticed. Should have paid more attention. I learnt from a tutorial years ago and never questioned the procedure.

>download the GPU drivers from gigabyte, not the chipset manufacturer!

Good eye, I'm tired

Working on it now Sup Forumsents

what the fuck is being done in this picture?

Op, what motherboard and processor is that?

While we're at it: how much memory does your system have?

I installed a new 1050 ti. Eventually I'm trying to have multiple cards set up so I can mine and game at the same time. That cord you see hanging off is a 1070ti that I have going into the x1 slot, I had to unplug it to get Windows to start after putting the new GPU in the PCI slot.

It's a super secret mobo, bro. The processor is an i7.

More than le 16GB meme my friend.

This guy actually wound up being partially correct. Thank you, you rude but informative Sup Forums-lurking-NEET.

did you take your ram out?

No

You have to look closely, but there are actually 4 sticks of RAM on that board. They blend. Stealth sticks.

LOL shit you're right

things are thin

MSI users, everyone.

Peasant.

Gigabyte is to PC components what LG is to phones.

not everyone is a born Sup Forumseniace my friend.

>buy ax370 gaming 5
>works well
>buy rx560 OC for media pc
>works well

theyre pretty good i guess.

Reinstall drivers and gtfo

I have gigabyte MOBO and I'm pretty sure it has some power problems, because it resets my BIOS settings to default like once a month (rather good $125 PSU and a fucking $400 UPS so I don't think problem is elsewhere)

Running a Gigabyte RX580, works pretty dandy. I believe Gigabyte's 480s had insufficient cooling issues but the 580 line is fine. Judging whether a card is good or bad by company is a bit too broad, it's more down to the specific product.

Maybe a bad cmos battery.

>fell for the cryptocurrency meme

GPU-Z, compare the specs to real 1050ti ones according to Nvidia's site. Stuff like RAM type, speed, shaders, etc. You might have some older card that someone ROM hacked to say 1050ti to the OS.