Power tools are technology! Lemme see what you Sup Forumsuys use! I'm partial to DeWalt because I'm a silly Sup...

Power tools are technology! Lemme see what you Sup Forumsuys use! I'm partial to DeWalt because I'm a silly Sup Forumsoy.

Hilti, Festool, and fuck off

Fuck off, faggot. There's a lot of technology that goes into power tools, especially the brushless shit.

>Spending a grand just to put metal into wood
But why?

your mom doesn't mind when i put my wood in her, and your dad is trapped in metal

Bought a Hilti and it was my first tool to break.

you're not supposed to use it as a fucksaw

milwaukee

these lithium tools are pretty beast

get a kit with a decent sized battery or 2 then you can pick the skins you want cheap

Welder here - Metabo angle grinders are the industry standard. Burr King is a popular choice for belt grinders, but they're fucking expensive.

black & decker

Tools are

i fucking love good quality power tools. power ratchet and 3/8 impact have literally saved days of work time since i got them. i lift cars with the impact (turning a screw jack), use it to take off wheels and shit it ain't made for constantly and run it hot as fuck daily and it's made it almost 3 years without a single issue somehow

Definitely don't use an impact on a screw jack, unless you accept its going to be very temporary.
Otherwise cordless impact tools are incredible. A gift from the automotive gods.

to be fair, though i do clean and re-grease the impact monthly. ratchet hasn't needed it yet

i've been using the same nissan screw jack to lift cars quickly for pad slaps in my driveway for like 2 years now. goes back down on jack stands as soon as the wheel clears the ground. i make sure the screw it greased and made sure to pick one without plastic threads. i grabbed 3 of the same jack at the junkyard and i haven't had to switch out for a spare yet somehow...

Makita for battery powered
Snap-On ratchets
Snap-On drivers
Lowes Kobalt sockets
Harbor Freight wrenches

I try to get everything Snap-on for anything with a ratcheting mechanism. I'm sure your Hodor Freight ratchet can spin off bolts just fine but Snap-on just has dat special feel.

Also forgot to mention Knipex for pliers.

I have a good selection of brands, I stick with Dewalt and Makita for cordless, since they have a large line up of tools, I tend to buy Bosch and Hilti for heavy construction stuff like powder actuated guns and my miter saws. I just bought the cordless Fein Multi tool, the blades are expensive but man does the thing cut through 3/4 in. ply and oak like butter.

these are a few of my favorite things

open up that box bro

have a shitty picture of my favorite drawer

i do almost exclusively electrical diagnosis and repair when at work so i have a lot of spares to rip parts out of and reusable lengths of wire

So far you've been lucky with your jack. From the outset having such a small area of contact along the worm drive, they're already a flawed design to begin with. Something like a drill with a constant load won't be much worse than the crank handle, but adding an impact action to the mix is asking for trouble.
Good to see you're not part of the minority you leave cars suspended on jacks though.

i know, if it breaks i'll just throw it in the scrap pile and grab one of the spares. i appreciate the concern, and i in no way get even a foot under the car untill it's firmly on stands.
i dont play games anymore after i almost died once when pic related started falling towards me as i scrambled from underneath. was on 4 jack stands too

>overbriced snapon multimeter and not a bluke

so you're a cabinetmaker and you demo concrete on the side, because those two tool brands target rather different clientele generally.

or maybe they're the two highest end power tool brands with widespread availability and you just threw them out to sound like some badass, when you're at best probably some obnoxious residential electrician's apprentice

Ikea drills make good electric screw drivers

Amazing because the big sheetmetal shop in my area shows up with almost nothing but dewalt grinders, due to the usual ease of warranty and relatively low replacement cost i presume.

I dunno man, no doubt this belongs to /diy/ but so is fag watches that belongs to /fa/.

lul no i'm just a tool salesman

even worse

Ridgid because they're solid, cheap and my normal power tools are rated in dozens of HP, not a dozen volts.

>mfw people buy things like Hilti for home/light duty use

Power Tool Brand Quality/Durability/Design rankings overall (not range of selection or whatever)

Top Tier
Hilti
Festool (substantially lower durability, ranked here for variety of incredibly precise woodworking tools and array of unique accessories)
Fein

Mid-High Tier
Metabo (perhaps half a tier higher)
Makita
Milwaukee
Bosch

Mid-Low Tier
DeWalt (a few select items are solid Mid-High tier)
Hitachi

Shit Tier
House Brands
Skil (barring the ubiquitous circular saw, which has certainly decreased in quality, and i never though was that great to begin with)
Ryobi
Dremel
Porter Cable (other than professional routers)

Not listed due to limits/highly focused product range
Jet, Delta, etc

imo

Ryobi is just Milwaukee stuff in a green ABS shell

it was thrown in when i bought my scanner, i'd never have paid retail for it over a fluke. it works fine for my use, although i do blow out the ammeter fuse regularly and wish it had more like 30a capacity. it was like 330$ off the truck at the time which is just absurd.

if that werent hyperbole, abs vs nylon is already enough of a difference to move a tool up a whole tier

>muh same factory shit
Top tier parts go into Milwaukee. Things that are out of spec but still barely functional go into the Ryobi line.

Maybe if you like throwing your tools off the roof of a building. ABS is fine for home use

thats great but i wasnt ranking anything for home use since ive been a commercial carpenter for 8 years

A pro and you only use mid tier chink shit?

Not that guy, but I regularly use both brands as a drywaller. Festool makes the only long reach ceiling sander that doesn't fall apart, and Hilti hammer drills and shotfire guns can't be beat when doing suspended grid from concrete flooring, although the butane powered Paslode style guns have made the powder guns almost irrelevant except when shooting into steel beams.

Tools paid for out my own pocket though are usually Makita, Hitachi and Bosch.

i never said anywhere what brands i use so i dont know how you'd know

and yeah, shit actually happens on jobsites so my personal stuff is almost entirely milwaukee makita and bosch. I have a fein oscillating tool, two festool jigsaws, and a hilti rotohammer but those are the exceptions. I don't wander around with a van full of hilti and festool shit to show off because its annoying when some asshole breaks or steals something, whereas the 'mid-grade chink shit' all lasts plenty long, takes enough abuse, and is easily replaced

I'd definitely say Hitachi is more than a match for the mid-high tier brands. I haven't had much to do with De-walt for almost a decade though. IMO they were irrelevant when Ni-Cad batteries were the cordless standard, and they took forever to release a Li-Ion range.
The rest of your post is bang on IMO.
This. Same factory does not equal same end product. Although Ryobi is more than adequate for DIY stuff.

>tfw you went with Ryobi because you thought you didn't need any better as a weekend warrior
>keep adding tools
>oh shit it's a lot of money
>can't go back now
>you see your neighbor's full suite of DeWalt tools
>get a pit in your stomach every time you look at your diarrhea vomit green tools

I never asked for the feels.

Always have a good kek when I see some cuck with his Ryobi tools on site.

Pic related,a smaller anglegrinder(150mm disc) and a drill(700w) from the same brand(formerly Elprom, now Sparky).Got some makitas as well - one cordelss drill and an Impact drill.

PS:Also have one welder(homemade), one inverter welder(bought it cause the old one waited like 50kilos) and recently bought a cheap noname mig welder(it wass on sale) that i'm gonna use to fix my car's underskirts that are rusted to hell.

Nice to see this is still going. What's your favorite tool from your favorite (or not) brand?

Mine is probably my circular saw. It's heavy, bit it cuts through wood as if it were softened butter.