Crypto Mining

Yo wtf why is my GTX 1060 3GB only producing like $1.75 a fuckin day?

Also general mining thread

Other urls found in this thread:

pool.ipbc.io
github.com/xmrig/xmrig-nvidia
github.com/nicehash/NiceHashMinerLegacy
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>He isn't mining a currency at a low difficulty

I just let NiceHash do its thing. Isn't it supposed to pick the best one for me?

If you written AI that converts air to water, you'll do a better service now.

pfft that's unpossible user

>I just let NiceHash do its thing
Yeah, let it mine half of its power to the creators, totally legit, instead of learning how to actually mine yourself

pool.ipbc.io
Start mining this on Feb 1st
Spank me later

WHAT THE FUCK IT'S GETTING LOWER

Then how do I mine on my own?

github.com/xmrig/xmrig-nvidia

>Default donation 5% (5 minutes in 100 minutes) can be reduced to 1% via command line option --donate-level.

fuck off

I look forward to the day when the big crash comes and suicides start happening.

Coin isn't even out yet.
You could be making 300$ just mining overnight but hey that's on you.
Check it out when it hits an exchange.

>What are btc-usd exchange rate fluctuations

Don't fall for these pyramid scams.

I don't understand

Do you just install the regular graphics drivers to run NiceHash?

I have a 1060 and a 1050 ti, can I just pop the 1050 ti in, install its drivers from the Nvidia website, then run NiceHash and it'll mine on both?

You realize you can disable it all together

the value of what you are mining change change retard

>2018
>People mining crypto in a mining boom

Yea na, I mined BTC from 2013 to 2015 and made 700k when I sold a month ago.

I'm out, crypto is even more of a joke now. I got lucky with BTC.

Wondering this as well.

fuck off retard go back to whatever tech illiterate street you came from

>asking a reasonable question makes you tech illiterate

I could take the 1050 Ti out of my closet now, plug it in, and try it out. I was electing not to, in the off chance that someone here could give a simple "yes" or "no".

Are you angry because normies are finally getting into your secret club?

Doesn't nicehash show a message along the lines of "looking for cuda devices" when you turn it on?

Can you read user?

Because you're not """""investing""""" in whatever meme shit the chimps at/biz/ are shilling.

I'm just unsure of myself user, this is all new territory to me.

>tfw you need a thousand AMD card or 2 thousand nvidia cards just to pay for the electricity wasted
God fucking damnit, we need solar panels to stop being dogshit.

Does CPU power matter at all if you're just mining on GPUs? NiceHashMiner is only using ~1% on my i5 7500.

Just curious about building a dedicated mining rig with a G4400 or whatever the cheapest Intel processor is.

Nope CPU doesn't matter with most algos

Nope, all the CPU really does is feed the GPU new numbers on occasion.

I wouldn't try CPU mining while GPU mining though, You'll definitely see a large decrease in GPU performance.

wtf mate any card released after the 500 series is profitable

Only after you have more than 2 thousand of them due to how much more electricity nvidia trash uses compared to gcn (gnc??) 3.0 and up.

>mining BTC with a GPU in 2018

what the fuck are you talking about? any amount if profitable you just might not earn much

Awesome, I figured only a bare minimum CPU was necessary. What about RAM? Looks to me about 200MB for the NiceHashMiner and another 150-200MB for each miner instance.

Seems that you could work all this with a G4400, 60GB SSD, and 4GB of memory. All that really matters is what GPUs you're using and having a power supply that can support it.

Is that correct? I mean that makes sense to me, I'm just trying to make sure I didn't miss something here.

Hop on Garlic Coin. Yeah it's a meme coin but current difficulty you'll make $2 per hour with a 1080 Ti.

whos going to buy all your stupid coins if they aren't worth anything because of the memes

They're on an exchange right now. Just sell as you mine them.

setup?

lol faggot

What's so good about it. I have no clue what the coin is or what's so good about it.

Garlicoin.io
Just join a pool and start mining. A single 1080 Ti will net about a coin every hour, and current price is $2.
There's an Electrum-based wallet as well called Garlium.

Nicehash is a scam. They take like 20% off the top. Just find your own pool and mine yourself. You should be getting at least $2 a day on Ethereum.

That's every cryptocurrency, dipshit.
They're all a giant bubble.
I'm just mining some so I can sucker people into giving me real money for them.

Can somebody tell me some technical details about NiceHash? Is it open source and if so where is the souce code? Does the user just enter an address to receive coins at, does it have any wallet/key generation functionality? I ask these questions because if it isn't open source it would so fucking easy for the devs to sneak in code that steals private keys from their users. Also if they have any wallet generating shit then it could be easily compromised.

Is it possible to mine with this thing?
Lets say my electricity is free and even the slighest benefit would be good.

no ayymd support
fuck that

wew lad just compile it yourself and set the donation level to zero

Use SGminer you retard

>one of the most sought after mining cards
yes

Alright boys I am getting a really pajeet tier vibe from this microshaft see sharpe kode. See if you can find anything exploitable, maybe their auth mechanisms are fucked?

github.com/nicehash/NiceHashMinerLegacy

Im glad to hear that, any tips to get started?

>pls help me find exploits they are the pajeets tho XD

find a mining pool, find a mining program, optimize your system and keep reading up. It's an always changing landscape

"We strongly recommend every miner to start using NiceHash internal wallet. Altcoin payments for NiceHash internal wallets are already in the works and will significantly reduce the cost of transactions and also help smaller miners to be paid more regularly!"

Exit scam detected.

You mean round two?

which coin?

Thank you user. I'm quessing theres alot of differences in the pools and programs? Any recommendations? Also since this is not a general or anything here, any good places to read up on ?

Are there any windows miners with a decent command line support, support for altcoins, and i/gpu mining?

p = np

when you get rid of all the easy problems, you are left with the realization that you got meme'd by nvidia and memecoins

a) 1060 3gb LMAO
b) what is crash??!!
c) you're probably also getting exploited by (((those people))) who set buy orders 100% above normal for lyra, blake and then swap back to dirt cheap before Nicehash swaps you back

Is mining still profitable or not?

If it wasn't, people wouldn't be doing it. The margins are very small though so unless you're running farms it might not be worth it. Unless you're ok with a dollar a day to not use your PC I guess.

Assuming I invest in a mining rig.
How long would it take for me to get back that investment and aren't electricity fees gonna get me?

Well, each 1080 ti you buy would give you about an additional $4-5 a day. You can do that math from there.

The coins are getting fucked as more and more regulations are out to kill them. Don't even bother.

Holy shit, that's exactly the same as the computer I built.

Coins fucked themselves.
They're nothing more than a bubble.

people wont learn and threads like these will still keep popping up

NiceHash and other autominers are stupid unless you have several higher end graphics cards (1080, 1080 Ti). It's just not worth it.
Mining manually and paying attention to which coin is the best that day is more profitable on lower end hardware, even though it's a bunch more tedious.

Basically, unless you have the cash to invest into a mining rig or a ASIC miner, don't bother.

this cant be real

yeah it's real
I started mining (just on my normal PC) with them and 3 days later they lost $75 million dollars

I've been mining meme garlicoin over the last week. $150ish so far from 1060. Pick your shit better.

Love all the posts talking about coins being a bubble. No shit. You can make a lot of money selling to idiots in a bubble. Get in early and cash out to fomos. Buy up when their market collapses and do it all over again. New coins launch all the fucking time

hahahahahhaha have fun breaking even in a year

I didn't buy anything for mining, I literally had 5 GPUs and 3 desktops sitting around. I sure as hell would not be buying in right now.

Don't mine on your own user. The profitability of different coins change with price fluctuations, nicehash will always choose the one that will be the most profitable with your specific gpu. You're too much of a newb to know which algos pascal excels at, and it's also too much effort to always be on the lookout for profitability for maybe 1% gains if you do it as perfectly as the software does. So just stick to nicehash.
Also mine xmr with your processor, it should give you another $1 per day or so

Can I ask few questions regarding crypto currencies?

I want to try to get into crypto mining, not for the profit, just for the fun.
And to able to say I was in crypto business.
How do I start?
Set a wallet? what coin should I go for?
Can I have different accounts?