Is there any chance of learning to program at 21?

Is there any chance of learning to program at 21?

Is it over once you get past 20 since your neuroplasticity rapidly decays? Seems like everyone good started early, kind of how no one starts a sport at 40 and gets to the olympics.

If you actually wanted to learn, you'd be learning right now, OP. No chance at all if you're just going to sit around on Sup Forums.

Just stop crying and start learning. There are thousands of sites to learn for free, if you need a starting point, just ask.

codeacademy is really good

Of course there is! If you give up whose constant suffering will we laugh at?

Thats a load of shit. Plenty of older people that started off in other fields like mathematics and physics have made significant contributions to the field. You're just trying to make excuses for being a lazy jerk off.

If you haven't started by now then you probably don't have the interest and drive to pursue it.

I didn't start learning til I was 23. Now I can invert a binary tree without being a faggot

>no one starts a sport at 40 and gets to the olympics
This is a terrible comparison

>invert a binary tree without being a faggot
this soyboy also inverted his manhood to a boypussy

"You learn easier when you are younger" is a meme

kys please

started really learning at 22
Rameau became a composer at 50.
He also had to learn how to write because he made spelling mistakes all the time and this wasn't acceptable at the King's court
get started.

wtf why are you so mean

Yes
I started programming at 26 or so and I'm basically a god now
All you need is autism and Ritalin/Adderall

Holy shit ITT: fucking normies giving normie platitudes

sorry didn't mean to

harnessing the natural power of autism to drive a programming initiative

excellent

It's true. It goes for language learning, instrument learning, or most of anything else.

That doesn't make it an impossibility by any means. It just takes more effort especially when most people tend to already be working a job that exhausts them. I work on a farm that is practically my home and I study and practice all the time after long days of work. It's do able, but it's tough.

OP, one thing that helps is to drop the mindset of "learning" something and focus on "doing" something. There are things to learn, but practicing is much more important. That Advent of Code that had a general in December kicked my ass, but I can't tell you how much it got me to practice. Codewars is also pretty good for practice problems.

neuroplasticity is an excuse
"oh no I'm no longer a teenager which means my brain stopped working woe is me"
If you work hard you will improve & learn

Think about a program you want to create and start doing it.

Best way to learn is to start and practice. make something that is useful.

In time you can become very good, much better than most pajeets that is for sure.

If you like doing it you learn quicker.

Why work hard for something other people don't have to?

Because you have your own life to live and others shouldn't matter, you make yourself the best you can be.

Your logic is like "Why have a job and enjoy your life when a prince inherited a billion dollars?"

>Still looking for excuses
You were never going to be good

Age is a meme. There is no relation between learning ability and age as long as you arent so old you forget what your own name is.

im 24 and start learning phyton on my classes in university.
six months and havent absorbed anything, its shame, it's too hard :(

I started learning programming at 16 and I'm absolute shit at it but i still do it and I'm 19 now. Fuck age JUST DO IT.

Wrote my first 10000 lines of code between 11 and 14. Then:

while not dick in vagina {
if girl.spreads_legs {
// prefer vagina over floyd-warshall
cum(how => hard)
} else {
visit(more_parties) // visitor pattern
}
}

Learn all and now I am god and if you do not start soon, then me and all of my 500k friends will outrun you all the time.

Programming isn't hard user

it just seems hard now because you don't know how to do it yet

99% of programming honestly doesn't require more than basic shit and stack overflow

The main problem is confidence for you

search "14735112" on scihub

Neck yourself.

If you want to waste time go watch tutorials on YouTube. If not go to some MOOC and get a course. Codecademy is shit and it isn't useful at all.

prog-ramming is really not hard. but anyone who somehow never *needed* to program doesn't seem to get, where it is used. on the other hand, if you ever felt the *need* to program - you see it everywhere. In the birds, in the spoon - and yes one day, the spoon even starts to ...

Thanks user and Alex.

Took 2 semesters of programming in college. All the students were pure cancer. All of the instructors were pure cancer. I went to office hours to get help and my TAs literally refused to help me and told me that programming has to be learned solo (but why have office hours then?) Decided to go into business instead.

Now I'm trying to get back into programming and I ask a question online: "This is a basic question and has already been answered by others. Don't post simple questions on this board. Query deleted." No actual help just dismissal and called a brainlet for asking questions. Ok I'll just kill myself at this desk job pushing files around for the rest of my life then. Thanks programming world. Great people really.

Try harder.

Any good videos or posts on creating classes and in depth values I have a pretty good knowledge but it's just I feel like once I get passed that everything will become clear

I'm still learning at 25 dude. You still have a shit ton of time.
Don't listen to faggots like mark Zuckerberg or guys on Sup Forums tell you you're too old or will burn out at 35

What sort of questions were you asking? Usually when a question is closed because it's a duplicate, they will link you to the question, which might have your answer.

Have you tried being less neurotic?

do it, I didn’t start until I was 17

It gets easier.
But you have to do it everyday. That's the hard part.
But it does get easier.

>It gets easier.
>But you have to do it everyday. That's the hard part.
>But it does get easier.

Dude/gal pro tip: go ask some it guy irl.
They will point you in the right direction.
Also in /r/eddit you can find some good boards BUT BE SURE to read all the fucking sidebar first.

IT retards can be extremely autistic to outsiders, or to people that don't know their lingo. It's like a diluted version of Sup Forums with more intelligent people.

Nigger you learn your whole life. I did not even know what a bit was until I was 24. I'm almost 26 now and I've learnt more in the last year and a half than I learned in both highschool and college.
It's not like you're lagging behind everyone anyway. Most people spend their teenage years drinking and having fun

yeah user, i've been absolutely oblivious to programming up until something short of a year ago and i'm 22.
just get started, any brainlet can at the very least try

I started when I was 28 and am now a software engineer at one of the world's largest tech companies.

Most of the very best programmers started when they were young, but they're a tiny minority. Most people who started programming when they were very young are terrible, because children are generally stupid and terrible at everything they do. Of course, most programmers are pretty bad regardless of when they started. Why do you think most software is absolute shit? If you're looking for excuses to not try, then this sounds like a good enough one. The world doesn't need any more lazy programmers.

AHAHAHAHA GO BACK TO R9K YOU FUCKING AUTIST HAHAHAHA LMAO

i learnt coding w/codecademy. so. it was useful. for me.
i don't like the recent changes as much as i liked it before, but it's still nice. and it at least has been effective in the past.

>neuroplasticity meme
Listen to me you little faggot
People on /ic/ told me the exact same shit, and they were wrong
People now pay for my drawings, and I get paid for writing code too, I started both things at 21 when I realized I was throwing my life in a trashcan
Just be responsible and strict with yourself, 12 hours of coding a day wont kill you, repeat for a whole year and you are done

I had a 70 year old retired construction worker in my classes in college. He didn't want to retire but couldn't continue the physical work. He learned and made a new career at 70.
You are 21, stop doubting your capabilities

>tfw just got out of military and am about to start college for CS in fall
i’m 23 years old and fuck you OP you just made me doubt myself

Hell, there is time for everything. Just do it.

I'm 25 and teaching myself coding like a fevered madman. I go onto codewars daily to practice. There is literally no reason on earth you can't start at 21.

"Why should I bother when the prince can bring the result a million times better, easier and faster? If I have nothing unique or better to bring to the table, what is the point? Why not just let those people do it?"

>Is there any chance of learning to program at 21?
Yes, most cs graduate students are utter trashes.
>Seems like everyone good started early
Wrong, you never hear about 99% of the good devs, they're everywhere fixing shit, developing cutting-edge techs you use everyday.
The best devs I know work in the video games industry as this is actually the most demanding dev jobs you can get while being farily easy to join if you're pasionnate.

im 25
quit my job at mcdonalds and locked myself in my room for 6months
taught myself how to program
got job at snapchat

microdose LSD

i tried it like 6 months ago to learn js but had no time so had to drop it, started again this week but they pay walled like 5 out of 7 challenges which used to be free, it fucking sucks now.

>20
Pretty sure the scientists say it doesn't start until like 25.

Im 30 and started an online course learning java yesterday. Its interesting and i hope i can stick with it.

I started at 24 when I started computer science, I was mainly a math guy before that and had close to no computer experience aside from gaming. It took me about years to learn C in depth enough to hack on the linux kernel and C++ good enough to hack on the clang compiler. In that time I read dozens books. To my mind apart from online lectures, the courses can't compete with proper books.
Started with the K&R and the Stroustrup (Introduction to Programming with C++) and proceeded through basically all the popular ones. I write far better code than many of my collegues that do it since they were 13 or so.
My pro tip: Try to not think about failing.

Yes if you work hard at it

3 years. That was three years.

Neuroplasticity is a meme

Not him but that's impressive for C++. There's so much shit in that language.

Don't sweat it kid
It's never too late to do anything
Except losing your virginity...
>t. 35 year old kissless virgin

you are just stupid.

>21 is too old to learn programming
Do you think people just stop learning when they get a job? How do you think programmers progress in their careers? It sounds like you're using your age as an excuse to not try.

code academy is terrible it teaches syntax but just makes you blindly follow instructions without having any idea what is going on

I studied brain plasticity as it related to language acquisition in college youre just spouting off a popular theory from 20-30 years ago that has been disproved.

im not that other fag but thats what its great for: syntax practice

that's the plague of the internet. so much useless shit on the internet that people would rather blindly and mindlessly consume rather than actually learn. i have a friend who is just like OP. wants to do 'great things', wants to do tech, start some big tech company and become someone important.

dude saw me coding in PHP, tried to learn PHP (literally jumped straight into learning a frameweork I was learning and just copy pasting). gave up after a week. saw me coding in python the next week, tried to learn python, gave up after a week. now he just watches youtube videos about crypto currency and 'reads whitepapers' and thinks he's doing some sort of amazing feat.

you can bring a horse to water but you can't make him drink.

I blame the rise of "brogramming", people like that hear us memeing about dongles and see "regular joe's" programming and assume anyone can do it.

If you haven't made open source contributions by 13 you're fucked.