Why is Europe so secular?

Secularism just degenerates a society and causes its people to stop caring about one another, why does Europe choose to be secular? Do they want to transform into Brave New World/1984 or something similar to it? (people are naturally religious, so if they're discouraged from the normal abrahamic faiths they'll put their faith into something else that can be very dangerous like what Russia and China did.)

>Everytime athiests rule politically over a nation there is dispair, thats why russia has lost all of its money. China isnt as good as people make it out to be. USA is losing its connection with its dharma. Faith is important for all life especially precious human life.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8Gac-jD-C8A
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

bumpo

Because sand nigger religions are literal cancer. Europe should return to the old gods.

religions are just ideologies and can easily be replaced with other ways of controlling people, like Soviet and China

They're cucks who love mudslimes and sandniggerism but hate what made them the greatest until America got it's independence.

This.
just this.

back to Sup Forums you go

All abrahamic religions are sandniggerism tho.

the old gods, what do you mean specifically?

see OP? Blue pilled cucks.

Europe was devastated by two world rending conflicts. The church and old institutions have since lost their power, replaced by worship of capitalism.

Ukko iskekööt sinut maahan.

>causes people to stop caring about one another
>the Nordic countries
one of the most secular places in the world but also well known welfare states

I'm completely clueless to what this means since the translator won't help so I'll just stop baiting you now desu
Have a nice day, finbro.

>Abrahamic Religion
>Implying I would worship a sand nigger

Did you know that the sky is actually the skull of a slain giant named Ymer? Really makes you think.

Jesus was a white American

you're the peak of degeneration.

Old gods? Catholicism you mean?

Because basing your society on fairy tails is a bad idea. Religion has historically been a hindrance to scientific progression. Technology, agriculture, aviation ect. are based on scientific principles, not religious.

Because it's useless to have something that actually doesn't exist above us to abide by the law. Don't even try to tell about merciful religions people. We remember your huge faults in history.

How can Jesus be American if god is a Serb?

Go back to Sup Forums you virgin

Yeah right. He probably didn't even exist. What we need is Secularism not Semitic barbarism.

your country caused pic-related to happen though

This.
INB4 muh communism. Communism is not secularism, Communism is state worship like North Korea.

>American education

>Did you know that the sky is actually the skull of a slain giant named Ymer?
No, it is top half of broken egg shell of Daybird.

Europe is not one country u kno and there are some places where people are religious and other places where they aren't
guess what, those countries where people aren't very religious are the countries that are best

I don't go on Sup Forums, Sup Forums is athiest

because 1789 and both World Wars

even older.
older = better

brb praying to the thunderstorm

Sup Forums is hippy children with agression issues.

This
Fuck sandniggers

It's more to do with trade and mercantilism. It's no coincidence that Protestant countries are more wealthy than Catholic ones, the reason being that Catholic countries funnel their wealth into the aristocracy and maintaining an elite of powerful Catholics to support the Pope. This doesn't happen as much now but Catholic countries still feel the effects of it.

Protestant countries became Protestant as a means to Republicanism, being more in control of their own wealth rather than it going to support the rich lives of the aristocracy.

This move makes countries less tied done by tradition and more institutions become more secular as they remove the people associated with the aristocracy. Instead of powerful elite that are indebted to the Pope we get merchants and other well to do business people making the decisions and funding Universities

China and Russia fail because they reinstated the elite and pretended they weren't elite.

>Secularism just degenerates a society and causes its people to stop caring about one another

Europe has more intra-country compassion (healthcare, more equal taxes, lower crime rates)

USA is more degenerated Europe, especially the religious parts

So no, considering western religiosity doesn't correlate with either, and if anything correlates with the opposite, your observations are wrong

Also in the USA the most religious states have some of the highest crime, obesity and corruption rates. The safest states are rural New England and Pacific Northwest which are the most secular

>Be North American
>Be religious
>Kill Thy Neighbor
>Smoketh the Meth

religious people are some of the nicest people i have ever met and the crime only happens in large cities which happens because of corrupt governments

youtube.com/watch?v=8Gac-jD-C8A

>religious people are some of the nicest people i have ever met and the crime only happens in large cities which happens because of corrupt governments

Thanks for the anecdote.

INDEED. BURN THE CATHOLIC HERETICS!

>Secularism just degenerates a society and causes its people to stop caring about one another,

>Be Christian Republican
>Gloat about people without healthcare dying of treatable illnesses because "Fuck u got mine"
>Gloat about poor treatment of the poor

>Be Atheist liberal
>Willing to sacrifice more in taxes so everyone has healthcare
>Want more spending on health, welfare and compassion at the expense of income

Hmm.....

In our constitution we almost banned Catholics from being able to vote.
After all, they are loyal to the pope.

"If they were not born rich God obviously does not want them to live."

the abrahmic faiths say to donate to the poor or at the very least, heavily encourage it. Secular socities usually start to lean in on taxes to provide everything even if it doesn't.

All developed countries, except for the USA, are getting more secular. Canada, Japan or Australia too, not just Europe.

In practise philanthropy doesn't work, most people simply won't care about the poor as long as they themselves are doing good. Christian philanthropy is a meme.
You must force people to give the money, because that's the only way to ensure that the needs of the poor have a chance of being met.

The USA is getting more secular as well, they just started comparatively behind because it's a nation created by literal religious fundamentalists.

>Be secular
>Have low tolerance for governmental corruption

so what do you think about that pizza video? is he right? does socalism make people weak?

They are rapidly becoming muslim
So there's that

Maybe the corruption is just way better hidden here? :P

secular != atheistic

i'm not european so i wouldn't know if that's simply from the immigrant waves or if people are actually converting to it.

>created by literal religious fundamentalists.

No, it was created by English economic colonists + a bunch of other, later annexed colonies (New Amsterdam, New Sweden, Spanish Florida, New France)

You might be thinking of either the Amish (meme people) or the Pilgrims, but the Pilgrims only created a small private colony that was later annexed and their culture taken away by the mainstream Anglican majority. The place in the USA with the most Pilgrim heritage is actually the place with the least religiosity (New England)

See
The pilgirm colony was on that tiny pointy peninsula on the northeast coast

Also Anglo Canada has a far higher % of Pilgrim ancestry and heritage than the USA, because it was founded by American loyalists fleeing there

Americas religious fundies came about because the Confederacy started falling on twisted Biblical theology to justify slavery, and Baptists became more and more militant. Fundies are actually a more recent problem than most people realize, evangelical and born-again Christanity, the most ferocious fundie types, really only started spreading in the late 20th century, from a tiny few to tens of millions

This is what happens when you don't burn the heretics. Gustavus Adolphus was a mistake.

I know a very ugly girl that converted to Islam.
She really wears a burqa because she wants to.

>They are rapidly becoming muslim

It's growing, but not as much as you'd hope. Even America's Asian population is growing faster than most European muslim populations, we'll become Asia 2.0 sooner than Denmark will become Yemen 2.0

Faith is important, blindly following a corrupt religious organisation like the catholic church is not.

I know this thread is a bait so I don't think I'll elaborate further.

>le corrupt pope bogeymen

Step it up.

Religion is shit and abrahamic kike religions are the worst.

Your country is the most religious among the advanced countries and look at the fucking mess it is, a degenerate-exporting shitfest full of corruption and inhumanity.

Humans being naturally predisposed to supernatural thought doesn't make religion good, and what makes humans be nice to each other is basic empathy and rationality, not blind faith.

Even if anything what that you said correct, which it isn't, i would still rather accept the truth than live a lie and a have a good country

Oh yes, I'm sure the most evil organisation to ever exist is now very humanitarian because the pope atm pretends to be a good guy