When will phones get thinner?

When will phones get thinner?

Hopefully never.

Nah, for petite women like me thin phones are fantastic!

Who do you think you,re kidding you fat cow

That will snap

For what purpose?

When we come up with the rechargeable battery V2.0 that's more energy dense than the current tech, as that's literally the only thing in the phones that takes up meaningful volume now.

I want phones to have a pocket mode and a usage mode. Flip phones are the analog version of this, so the next step will have to be holographic displays coming out of a small device core.

>batteries will get even more dense than they're now
nuke in a pocket

THINNER

I'm just waiting for the day that Apple removes the lighting port and uses wireless charging and Wi-Fi/OTA for data transfer.

why do you need that

I legit thought that day would come before the day the headphone jack was removed.

I don't want things to be thinner. They'll be more brittle and you get abominations like soldered-in batteries.

The only people rubbing their hands at thinner phones are the merchants who get to sell you less hardware at a premium price. Thin devices are a scam.

FUCK YOU

>i want muh phones thinner

people like you are whats wrong with technology these days. so many companies are copying Apple's "fashion over form" method of raping consumers and faggots and pre teen girls eat it up

WHY should phones get thinner? There's no reason. We'll just get shittier battery life, worse cameras and other sacrifices to get a millimeter or two thinner. It will also make the phone more uncomfortable to hold, and make it more prone to bending.

Motorola has a 5.2mm thin phone. That thin enough for you?

Nah, still thicker than a 3.5mm headphone plug. We have to make it thin enough that this won't fit so people will shut up and accept Apple taking it away.

This.
Real life version would probably feature a flexible OLED or e-ink panel tho. I like the scroll concepts some manufacturers presented because they seem the most viable.
I'd personally prefer the things they had in westworld but those would be crap due to material fatigue....

don't worry, once samsung does it, they'll all shut up and marvel at it like it's some wonderful innovation.

They are fine like they are right now, going thinner is retarded, but the reason they're not is simple:

B.A.T.T.E.R.I.E.S