My little sister figured out how to access any document on Ancestry without a paid subscription or even an account...

My little sister figured out how to access any document on Ancestry without a paid subscription or even an account through a hack so simple it can hardly be called a hack
How long would it take for them to fix it if I told as many people as possible so they can look into their heritage for free

Already found out how to do that a while back lel. Just leave it alone. Most people who use it don't have the basic knowledge to even use the workaround.

how?? hint please.

NO!

If you haven't figured this out you don't belong on /g. I forgot how I did it any just went to the site and figured it out again in 15 seconds.

I never use that site.

It's not about the site, basic query string manipulation you neets. There, you have the answer, EXPOSED.

lol thanks for the tip.

Ancestry has reallllllly bad web design flaws, I'm the shittiest web developer there is and I can spot them a mile away.

Okay, I will not expose the secret.
Proud of my sister though. I almost forgot you don’t have to pay for every single breath you take if you don’t want to for a second there
The gubbmint literally uses Ancenstry as an archive for census docs even though taxes are supposed to pay for shit like that
Like fuck them
They also use actual MORMONS to store (and then paywall) public records. I think it’s called MyHeritage. Bunch of bullshit, don’t know how it’s legal

Guys
What if the Ancestory developers did it on purpose
So that we had free access to our family’s (supposed to be) public records
Did I just take a white pill
Are they heros

Stop it newfag

>don’t know how it’s legal
the records themselves are public domain
the scans and write ups of those records are not exactly public domain, and you can charge someone to view the copy you made of something they technically "own"

it's similar to photography. photographer needs permission to photograph a building if its architectural copyright is current, and he does not if the copyright is expired. the photograph, however, is his property. he can charge you whatever he feels like for the photo even though he doesn't own whatever he took a picture of.

Did you find the trick yet user?

tell me then dude. I can't afford to give these guys a small fortune to find shit out.

You guys should really just spend a few minutes trying to figure it out
It will unironically give you a better understanding of how websites work. Try to do it first, don’t just give up and ask for the answer. Even a little girl figured it out

>Mormons

You may think that is funny, but Mormons are crazy about ancestry. They really dig deep for me every member of their church/cult. It's just completely insane and makes no sense, and I'm was a little catholic boy in Utah. If you truly want the real details on your family and willing to sell your soul, ask the mormons.

Ya genealogy is deeply rooted in the religon you can save passed ancestors I think, is it true they believe native Americans that crossed the land bridge 10k years ago are Jews and God's people?

On a more generous note, every mormon I've met has been super nice, and pretty well off so whatever there doing its working lol, also we have modern computer graphics thanks to a Morman as well.

>My little sister
got any nudes?

John Smith, their founder, had preached a lot of weird things including the reason why blacks weren't allowed in the church till 1999. I suggest watching that South Park parody because about 99% of the short is true and isn't exaggerated.
I might be bias but Utah is one of the friendliest states, and when I rarely find a Mormon out where I'm living they are the nicest people. Including the Mormon missionaries who came to my house asking for my father and uncle who both just left the church 30 years ago. Also they've got the most beautiful interstate highway in the world.

You would be surprised howmany paywalls can be bypassed by some Inspect Element, although if I recall the ancestry trick was easier than that

power level rising

>think wow I just did the natas challenges maybe I can find out how
>this is easier than anything in the natas challenges past level 3

that is retarded site design. I'm sure you can do worse stuff like corrupt data

Hoo boy, I really can't get this exploit working. This really is killing me. Already wasted an hour with this shit.

How?

I just reached natas7, but i cant solve this shit.
Turns out im a brainlet after all

You can get full images on ancestry.com instead of thumbnails by browsing incognito and changing the removing the last three digits of the url.

>query string manipulation
I don't even know what the fuck that is.
Is it the ancestry.com or myheritage? i suppose you want me to snoop about in the source?

I'm still searchin, i feel retarded now, thx Sup Forums
THX !

>I'm still searchin, i feel retarded now, thx Sup Forums
>THX !
What if they're fucking with us?