>need 30 minutes to resolve old exams
>feeling confident is gonna be a 30/30 easy
>peer tells me the professor only allows his libraries on the exam
>what.png
>look up libraries
>utter train-wreck, the puke machine, you name it
>to make the programs work now I need 3-4 hours
>mfw the outcome will depend on the autism of my professor
Why someone would do something like this? What's the end goal other than pointless handicaps?

Just use std lib

the point is that you actually understand what you're writing instead of pulling libraries and code down from github or stackoverflow

I don't really think so, the STL isn't a magic stick, you still need to know data structures in order to use it properly.
Even if so, internet is locked during the exam so you can't really go looking things up.

I've wasted a couple of hours working around pic related when trying to add what the exercise wanted.
I can't change it because it basically means to rewrite the whole library

>I've wasted a couple of hours working around pic related
what do you mean "work around" that? is that a function you wrote?
the signature looks completely fucked to me and that function would presumably fetch the next element of a linked list, not the current one

This is what I meant by train wreck: I didn't write it, this is what my professor libraries looks like, this is just the most recent thing I've worked with.
Indeed it fetches the next element - from the iterator is located - of the list, albeit it should be the current one.

The exercise required to write a sorting method for said list, it has been a absolute pain.

t. person who doesn't know what STL is

stop posting

Just ditch that mess of a library and write your own for what you need.

You need to understand what kind of autism other people have to re code garbage from other people...

Welcome to the industry

Thankfully I'll go for electronic engineering and hopefully don't make a living on dealing upon autism

At least he's not throwing it at you on exam day without any warning.

I'm sorry to disappoint you but have you say though a components class yet?

Did your professor at least go full autism and also forbid the C runtime? Or did he not even go the full way and even used the C runtime himself?

>hopefully don't make a living on dealing upon autism
You're in the wrong field, fampai. Know anything about vector calculus or linear systems analysis?

>be engineer
>have to engineer a thing and the best and only took I'll use is c blus plus
>try to do task
>it would be pretty easy if I could use normal libraries and shit
>but no, it's gotta use the inbuilt libraries of the machine and connect with its apis
>it's an absolute trainwreck
>boss Im not gonna do this its dumb
>OK bye
>tfw fired from job because of bosses autism

you are in for a surprise. expect coworkers creating their own doubles

>Be engineer
>Get job as codemonkey
>Leave and get a better job thanks to non-shit degree
:^)

op just hack your professors computer and plant cheese pizza and blackmail him

At first I thought this was bait but now I must consider that engineering students may really be this daft.

>have experience working as a dev
>go take master's degree in CS
>failing written exams cuz I can I'm not an autist that memorizes stupid shit normal working people can find on google instantly
>god forbid I know how concepts work in a practical sense and actually make shit work
>0 points because I cant regurgitate in their specific language nobody gives a fuck

yes im mad, and im just gonna memorize the shit they want me to for next time, fuck

>electrical engineering bachelor's degree
>make $80,000 a year to make sure all the machines do what people tell them to do
OP just bear with shit until you can do what you want to do

Why so? My professor is artificially making his exams hard to pass, I guess that's a lesson of life.

welcome to academia

It's so you're ready for a scenario where you might write a really cool tool at work, that works great in your development environment, where you can use anything you want. But then quickly realise you are limited by the available software and libs on a locked-down production environment machine, where permissions for new software/libs could take days if not weeks to have approved.

He's giving you a realistic experience in software development. I get stuck with bolting crap onto 10 year old shitty codebases all the time. You won't have time to test and refactor the whole thing, so often you have to work within the existing system.

The course sole purpose is to introduce students to data structures and algorithms:
there isn't any learning experience from developing such structures first hand, the professor gives everything ready to me.
You can't really learn anything from those as they're ill-formed and broken most of the time.
So I guess I learned that professional software is poo? Nice, still my professor failed as tutor.

I fell for the meme I guess. Why is it like this?

They haven't figured out how to make school better yet

It's a programming fundamentals course. FUNDAMENTALS. He limits use of libraries on exams to make sure students understand core concepts. You're not the only student, most of them probably have little to no experience, and he isn't going to tailor a different version of the exam for each individual.

Why the fuck would you need to use such "libraries" to sort a linked list, just do a fucking merge sort and be done with it.

I don't know it every uni do this but for exams we must program directly on paper, no computer, no internet. How are we supposed to be good programmer? We can't even read the language doc during classes so everyone is using the basics functions rewriting everything from scratch following the professor.
Even the best programmers in the world need sometimes to read the doc.

One guess:
>to get ahead in business: deliver results
>to get ahead in academia: publish papers

for more information: scottlocklin.wordpress.com/2011/10/26/academia-versus-industry/

>the professor specifically asked for insertion sort to be used in exercise
Hence why I wanted to kill myself

Wow he asked you to explain him a basic algorithm ? How rude.

Who even memorizes sorting algorithms? Can you recall the implementation of some of them off the top of your heads?

Being a brainlet must be hard

Memorizing stuff like that when you dont need it is useless and autistic, just like memorizing every dialogue from my little pony.

You don't need to memorize crap if you actually understand the algorithm, recursive sorting algorithm like mergesort and quicksort are extremely easy to understand and apply.
Fucking brainlet.

how do people read with that color theme