/sqt/

If I am making a server that will serve large files (a few hundred MiB), do I need to take any precautions for better reliability/robustness? Or just serve them with whatever apache stack I've got and expect it to work perfectly?

Other urls found in this thread:

f-droid.org/en/packages/de.schildbach.wallet/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

you need to split them into 4kb chunks, encrypt them, and reassemble and decrypt them clientside.

don't do this op it makes mustard gas

How to get into crypto-currencies?
>dad got ransomeware
>very important data got encrypted
>they demand 200,000 satoshi to decrypt it

I set this PC up a while ago and can't remember if I left a partition for eventually installing linux on. Can anyone confirm that this 37gig RAW partition is unused by Windows 10 and free for me to stick a linux distro on?

can I mix RAM with different nominal voltages? 1.5V and 1.65V , am I in for bad times? DDR3 if it matters

this is why backups are important

How do I get rid of the empty space on the right? (using appchanx)

how much bitcoin mining can I do with just one R9 380X

>henlo yes we would like 21 dollar for your important data
as for your c̶u̶c̶k̶ ̶p̶o̶r̶n̶ important data, have you tried googling how to buy and trade bitcoin?
buy some bitcoin, send it to the hackers, and hope your data hasn't been accidentally'd

You can't expect that from older people.
I have basic knowledge on what bitcoin is, but zero knowledge regarding handling those.
>c̶u̶c̶k̶ ̶p̶o̶r̶n̶
ANAL c̶u̶c̶k̶ ̶p̶o̶r̶n̶
Anyway, How do I go about this?
Just get this
f-droid.org/en/packages/de.schildbach.wallet/
And I'll have a wallet? So I can send and receive doge coins?

>genuinely believes the guy who ransomware'd his computer will be a good person and give him his shit back after he pays

First it's not my computer, and second it's not my money, and third I still believe in the good of human kind.

>I still believe in the good of human kind
You shouldn't. Especially not on the internet.

Any help? All the results online just show people panicking over their existing system changing to raw. If it's unused shouldn't it be unallocated ?

>ransomer doesn't know who you are
>has no way of contacting you
>just puts his payment info on a probe and launches out to the outer space depths of the world wide web
>thinking he has any way of helping you even if he wanted to

Sorry to intrude on your topic OP but I have a question and I didn't want to create a whole topic for it.

I'm making a facebook clone in php and was wondering if it's best to store the user data in the session page so I can use it whenever, or if it's better to grab that data only on the pages that I need them for?

Just try it. Worst that will happen is you have to reinstall windows, you wont lose your stuff.

So what the fuck is up with Microsoft?
I cannot install the Windows SDK with the compiler because it says I'm missing .NET Framework 4, I cannot install .NET Framework 4 because it says it's already installed.

How do PCIE slots share lanes if at all? If I have a motherboard with a 1x slot and say a 2x will both run at full bandwidth simultaneously?

Im using this cheap chink amp to run these old speakers I had laying around, will using an aux cable be any different to a dual audio or whatever the white and red one its called?

Ask /css-html/ in /wg/

Don't they reliably decrypt in order to support their business model? They gain literally nothing by refusing, but they lose the trust of their victims. If it was well-known that ransomware was unreliable when you pay, nobody would pay anymore - so they have a vested interest in maintaining their own trustworthiness.

Go to coinbase, make account, make purchase. You don't need an offline wallet, it will be stored in your coinbase account. This won't be anonymous though, and I'm not sure how legal it is to pay hackers, not saying you will be v& immediately just saying IANAL and have literally no idea whether you might get in trouble or not. There are ways of anonymising yourself (tumblers, trading to XMR and back, etc.).

> Sorry to intrude on your topic OP but I have a question and I didn't want to create a whole topic for it.
What the fuck lol

Most motherboard I've seen list possible configurations, e.g. "x16/x8/x2/x2, x8/x16/x2/x2, x16/x4/x4/x4 or x8/x8/x8/x4" (these particular numbers were just pulled out of my ass). Theoretically, there's no reason why a motherboard could have x16/x16/x16/x16, which is practically unrealistic with x16 but seems feasible with x1 or x2.
That being said I have no actual idea what I'm talking about, to take from this what you will. The mobo's manual sounds like a good starting spot.

>This won't be anonymous though
Does it mean that I could be even more compromised if i pay??
Also say I made an account on coinbase, can i transfer that account to a phone based wallet?

>coinbase
>require credit card

No.

They can switch the number of lanes routed to a slot depending on which slots have cards plug in. You have to read the board's manual as it's entirely up to the manufacturer.

>Don't they reliably decrypt in order to support their business model? They gain literally nothing by refusing, but they lose the trust of their victims. If it was well-known that ransomware was unreliable when you pay, nobody would pay anymore - so they have a vested interest in maintaining their own trustworthiness.
Implementing a decryption function requires running a command and control server. It's possible that the malware authors thought it would be too big a risk, or that the C&C server is long dead. You should research it first.

It says "RAW" as opposed to "NTFS" meaning it is a "raw" partition, which has no filesystem formatted. It's good to go for Linux.

You should back up everything anyways... particularly if it's your first time.

I have a multipart RAR archive (.part1.rar, .part2.rar etc) that 7z won't open.
I have them all. They are the same size except for the last one that is smaller, as expected.
I tried to extract each one individually (other parts being present in the folder) and all at once, to no avail.
Concatenating them to a single file doesn't work either (as expected).
Each has a "Rar!" magic value at the beginning.

Any idea what to try next?

Some ransomwares are badly designed and can be decrypted without paying, do some research and find out what kind of ransomware it is.

The W-LAN antenna of my motherboard (GA-Z97N-WIFI) is broken.
Anybody has any experience with 3rd party antennas and can give me recommendations of those.
Quite like the Intel 7260 module, served me pretty well...

IIRC some old versions of 7z don't handle all cases of multipart RAR. Try renaming them to the traditional .rar, .r00, .r01, ... Your shell's `for` comand can do this. You could also just install unrar from non-free or WinRAR or whatever.

How do i euthanise every single entitled fucking boomer on the planet

>.rar, .r00, .r01
No success :(

>unrar
Damn! "No files to extract"

>WinRAR
Tried that too. "The archive is either in unknown format or damaged" but still has intact RAR header and footer.

Why do i never need to type a captcha? It's distressing

I'm getting BSOD caused by ntoskrnl.exe + 154ea0. Is any way to fix it, I can't find a shit about it.

I want to set up a PiHole.
I have 2 routers at home, one of my ISP and the other is mine(Linksys WRT54G).
I connect everything to the Lynksys router and the Linksys router to the ISP router.
Pic related, have i need to enable the DHCP server to set the PI as the DNS? because with the default configs enabled my wireless devices doesnt connect to internet.

Sup Forums-x won't let me close expanded webms by just clicking them. I have to select "hide controls" and then I can click to close them. What gives?

Anyone use those online tax things? I think i get them free if im military so I was curious

Anybody know why i can't make new threads on any of the boards?

The verification box never shows up.
I can post in threads on most boards, but i can't make my own threads. I haven't had a ban/warning message (not that i've broken any rules), and restarting my computer does nothing.

What gives? How fix?

I need a quality Yagi antenna to siphon my neighbors wifi (with their permission of course :^). Preferably around $25-$30, no more than $40. What should I look at?

Maybe one is 32 bit and the other one 64?

What addons do you have running?

I've been told that torrenting to an SSD is a terrible, awful, no-good, very-bad idea. Is that still true with modern drives (just ordered an 860 evo 250gb) or is it a non-issue now?

Nothing for Sup Forums

>Adblock
>Adblock Plus
>Youtube Dark
>BetterTTV

That's it

Yes as long as your cards are 1x and 2x.
If you got both 1x cards, the one in the 2x slot will negotiate a single lane.
A PCI-e card will always attempt to negotiate the maximum amount of lanes available and might arbitrarily disable one or more if communication is unreliable.
While normally your CPU has a set amount of PCI-e lanes available, the chipset of the motherboard will add more.

torrenting is a terrible, awful, no-good, very-bad idea
Please support your content providers

If ransomware guys never actually decrypted, they wouldn't be in business for very long, would they.

And what browser?

imagine using bttv instead of frankerfacez

You got bit rot

Chrome

Honestly i haven't used Twitch for several months now anyway. Might as well get rid of it

Ok, I think it might be your adblockers. Adblock/Adblock plus sold out years ago and mook and Jewgle have been implementing changes that fuck up your experience if adblockers are detected and shit.

Try disabling them and then see if you can get the captcha then. If so, you found your problem and switch to ublock origin instead.

Its a non-issue for years now

Cant load the captcha, says my network sends «automat requests» or smth similar in English. Use Ubuntu and dynamic IP, doubt it’s infected but wtf is this

I need something to edit images with. Back in the day, I'd use a pirated copy of Photoshop and made memes people still post today.

But today I'd never take the risk of running unclean software on my computer, it's bad enough as it is that I have to run Windows.

What do I get? Can one get Photoshop without a draconian license?

Huh, you were right. It was regular adblock. Thank you so much man.

2 things though
>Why did i not have this problem on my laptop where my chrome was synchronized?

>Ublock Origin
Is it good? Is it better than what Adblock used to be?

I don't know shit about Chrome since I don't use it, but I assume synchronization doesn't include addons, and yes, Ublock Origin is the de facto adblocker now with enormous filtering reliability and capability and is just overall based. Use uMatrix as well if you're capable for cross site script blocking.

>I assume synchronization doesn't include addons
That's the thing, it does. Strange.
>Ublock Origin is the de facto adblocker now
Then that's the thing i'll use
>Use uMatrix as well if you're capable for cross site script blocking
I'm pretty computer illiterate i think. Thanks though

I have a 7870 and I'm thinking about mining litecoin. Is this the right choice? Would it be more profitable to join a pool?

Why are USB mics considered bad?

how the fuck do I get ffmpeg to stop using 15GB of RAM trying to reverse a 713MB mp4 file? it keeps crashing because it runs out of memory.

Is there a software way of viewing how many watts your system is currently using or a way to monitor how much it will use under load? I'm trying to make a system as green as possible

So, like Pied Piper?

how do i make my google searches take up the entire width of the screen? it looks like im getting the mobile version

I'm going to buy a ~28inch 4k monitor.

What's the cheapest GPU that's both quiet as fuck and can run smoothly using 4k?

I don't play games.

Forgot to mention that I run loonix so I'd rather use AMD because of the free drivers, but I'll take an intel one if it's much more worth it

My PC crashed, gives absolutely no image anymore and won't boot anymore.
I tested my PSU and it's not that.
How can I test if it's my GPU?
Please tell me it's not my GPU.

Also, it looks like it's turning on. The fans work, everything lights up, but nothing happens.

I am using ubuntu gnome LTS and i need some help. I am using the terminal and less for logs. I hit ctrl + c and i start highlighting with my mouse to copy, but it wont scroll up, so i can only copy what is visible in the window. Only way i found around it was zooming out to see more but that is shit.

You're not, they truncate the content. For example Google allocates a little over 500 pixels for each title. Try doing a Google search with JavaScript and CSS disabled.

Remove the gpu, pull cmos, try to get it to display with onboard. Of you have ryzen all i can do is laugh at you for buying a cpu with no integrated graphics

On Mac OS there's a nice little graphical representation of audio ins and outs you can look at that helps configuring audio devices and set ups. Is there something similar for windows? Or a way to set up audio setting on a per app basis?

nevermind; figured out the problem. source video was 2704x1520.

Pretty sure that paint.net more than enough for editing memes.

Is gentoo.org working for you, chaps? I tried via both wifi and LTE and it doesn't respond, but those isitdown sites tell me it's fine.

Everything works for me except for the one page I want to access (sshfs package), so I guess it's just a curse.

What kind of career should I look into if I like using GNU/Linux?

I want to create as detailed spectrogram as possible, both in time and frequency direction. What tool should i use? Doesn't need to be free, doesn't need to be real-time or care about processing power.

SE or CE.

Alright Sup Forums i got a GPU that was flashed with the wrong BIOS, when i plug it in its full of red static even while on BIOS.
Reflashing it back would fix it or is it FUBAR?

Lack of dedicated audio controller.
3.5mm jack does better connection, and USB has a shitload of static.

Seeding? No, it wont matter.
Downloading? Kinda, if your SSD uses 3D NAND it doesn't matter anymore.

How do i stop certain apps from opening everytime upon reboot

how long can i use windows 10 without vertifacation (product key)

forever

Then why the shit does everyone pay out of the anus for a meme USB microphone

If you paint a copper heatsink black, will it conduct more heat?

Thank You is there any limatations i heard you cant change the wallpaper

You also can't sync your settings :(

They aren't. External DACs and ADCs are good things; a USB mic just has an embedded ADC.

>USB has a shitload of static.
What a bunch of nonsense. It's not a 100% clean power supply but it's very probably better than whatever internal 5v rail your mobo audio is using. See also: The popularity of USB DACs among "audiophiles".

use kmsauto or get a msdn sub account u nerd

thanks for the response what does that mean

Windows 10 allows you to tie your settings (wallpapers, taskbar colors, some accessibility settings, etc.) to your Microsoft account. You can't access this feature if you don't have an activation key.
Doesn't really matter at all if you only use one PC.

Can i still upgrade win7 to win10?

Thank You last qustion can i opt out of botnet if i do nott have product key

What's the most lightweight firewall for windows? Should I even bother with a firewall?

t. gay and stupid

best windows

>M SADEEM