On a scale of 1 to 10, how much do you hate your main computer?

On a scale of 1 to 10, how much do you hate your main computer?

Mine is a 10. I've started to dread using it at all.

I just built it so 1

pic related really tells you a lot

how are you even alive?

>3GHz with hyperthreadan
>A full 2GB of ram
>An actual GPU
user, that's totally usable. The worst thing I see there is the resolution. You could have an old AMD and not even get SSE2.

kek

it crashed the other day for the first time in 4 years

not ok

Mine is only barely capable of carrying out very simple tasks like keeping more than 5 browser tabs open at once.
And even then, it'll likely freeze and shut down. Also, it only has 16 GB of storage. So, there's that.

a proper gentoo/debian install can make it a nice home headless server or a lowres shitposting machine

It's insanely loud and old but I'm too lazy and too broke to change it

Main issue is the GPU, but they're too expensive now anyway

>gentoo on a P4

i5 6600K 4.6 GHz OC
32 GB DDR4 3200 Mhz OC
225 GB NVMe (2+ GB/s read)
GTX 1060 + GTX 660 Ti

Cant really complain, no bluescreens, a solid 1, it just werks

Aren't companies giving away core2 machines for free at this point? Like holy Jesus a 2014 smartphone or 10 year old thinkpad is probably a better experience than a Pentium 4.

>6600K

MUH NIGGA

Havent had more than a laptop and tablets since like 2003. tfw no computer feels so good.

I put mine together back in 2011. Only changes I've done was switch out the 570 for a 980ti after the 570 died and I bought a noctua cooler because I oc'd my 2500k to 4.7ghz.

I did buy a 4k monitor for it, so that's neat.

Overall I give it a 3 because it BSOD on me occasionally and I don't know how to stop it.

>tfw no computer

Howso? Rare to see one these days?
Alto good stuff

Add an extra 2 gigs and uppgrade the resolution and that would be pretty comfy

It's loud, bulky, and runs really hot. I prefer using my laptop but I don't have a HDMI 2.0 cable to connect to my 4k monitor, and my laptop can't run all my placebo shaders for mpv.

4 and 7. Both are consumer laptops from 2011 and 2013. The 7 is a Sony Vaio, so you can imagine it has all kinds of hardware and firmware defects.

Hell no. I used a single core Athlon 64 a few years ago. Even basic browsing was sluggish as hell, the fans were noisy, and the CPU and HDD were major bottlenecks. I sometimes had to wait for several minutes for a program to load.

A P4 would probably fare even worse, even with the extra RAM.