It's the year 2018 and I'm still on my aging E4300 as my main (Lubuntu 17.10...

It's the year 2018 and I'm still on my aging E4300 as my main (Lubuntu 17.10, Openbox) and no chance on buying a new one. Am I fucked or is there still hope ? Any affordable Notebook recommendations ?

You could get a x220 for

what's your budget?

100 to 150...200 max. Still studying and paying bills with small jobs in the side. But its not even enough to Put food on the table. So yeah 100-150

x220, hp 2570p, t420

And? Why would you need anything more?

so what's the problem?

I own it since release and thats a long time. It performs like shit the last 2 years...probably the hdd. It is so old that i don't know If its worth putting money in repairs and hardware replacements

Will look into those

Have you considered putting in an SSD? An SSD is the most noticable upgrade you can do, assuming you have a hard disk drive. If you get a new laptop it will be faster, lighter and have better batter life, but the keyboard will be shit.

what are the specs?

To expensive here in Germany.

>tfw not even i3

looks comfy desu

im with a e6400 without battery so i dont ever use it, is buying a new battery worth it

>no chance on buying a new one
nodrivers?

Do you go outside?

You will be fine, I until recently used weaker Core2Duo with 4GB RAM
Add some cheap SSD is you want some performance boost.

alot but laptop use only when i want to do stuff for uni

>It performs like shit the last 2 years
>Ubuntu 17

I have Celeron, 4gb, hdd, mint and everything flies.

Mint pisses me off. I feel like you could just install a DE on debian for the same feel, and better performance.

Why does every DE have to have its own frankendebian?

Get a chromebook
Google 'crouton'
Install

Inb4: botnet

>Google 'crouton'
Alongside Chrome OS ?

Can I replace it on intel chips ?

It's the HDD I think. Used different distros in that time.

Most Chromebooks if not all can't even beat something like an X220. Only get one if you really don't want a used laptop or a longer battery life with certain Chromebooks.

SSD, Core 2 Quad, more ram if possible

Core 2 quad is probably the cheapest upgrade if you get a used one. Max out that socket friendo

SSD will make it noticably quicker or even a brand new Western Digital laptop drive although it won't last as long.

Looks comfy tho desu

If you want a new one, this.