Router/Switch/Access Point

Hi guys,

I have Rogers Gigabit and I am using an old-ass Wireless N router. I want to upgrade and I'm looking for something reliable but I don't need extremely advanced features.

What consumer products should I look into?

Is Ubiquiti overpriced and for hipsters?

I just want something that will give me close to my max speed wired and decent wireless speeds.

Please lead me in the right direction.

Thanks, Sup Forumsuys!

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/dp/B01MSUMVUB
amazon.com/dp/B00KFD0SEA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

fuck off,
I barely even get 25Mbps dl and 15Mbps ul

fuck off i barely get 6 mbps dl and 1 mbps up

Thanks! This really helps me narrow my options.

Whatever, I just bought the Ubiquiti Unifi Security Enterprise Gateway Router.

Ubiquiti is by far the best price for performance access points.

The AC-AP HD can achieve 900mbps+ to a macbook pro 2016 from about 7 feet.

really though with gigabit, the only way you'll regularly see 700mbps+ is with a wired connection.

icic, thanks...

I am going to go with the USG+Switch8+AP Lite

>AP Lite
expect a maximum throughput of 350-500mbps
(pic related, my AC-AP Lite)

>USG
As long as you don't expect blistering VPN performance or something, it should be okay. It's basically at the limit of it's capabilities with gigabit though, it really isn't that powerful.

Ya, I figured it's worth saving some money and just getting the Lite instead of the Pro since most of my devices aren't wireless AC anyway.

Plus the Switch8 is expensive enough as it is here in Canada.

...and I don't need the functionality of the Pro

Anything other than the USG that you recommend?

Honestly not even sure why you're getting the switch8 unless you've got some specific use for it i'm not aware of.

Mikrotik hEX

amazon.com/dp/B01MSUMVUB

Hmmm...Because on the USG I will have the VOIP and LAN slots occupied (HTPC) and I also have my main desktop which I want to be hardwired.

Thanks

Yeah, but the Switch8 is a MANAGED switch, unless you need a managed switch you're spending a dick load of money.

If you just need more LAN ports and aren't doing anything fancy like VLAN tagging and shit, just pickup any old $10-20 gigabit switch.

amazon.com/dp/B00KFD0SEA

>amazon.com/dp/B00KFD0SEA
Good to know... thanks!

Don't get me wrong, the Switch8 is a great switch, but it's meant for more for running multiple LANs on the same physical hardware and traffic shaping type stuff.

Mostly irrelevant for home use.

Ordered... THANKS.

Do you have any recommendations for an Access Point since I'm not longer going with Ubiquiti? I just want best value and range, not a device that can theoretically hit 1300megabit.

The AC-AP lite is already great value.

Yeah, but you just saved this retard a lot of money. Thanks.

OP retarded confirm ed

Just autistic