pastebin.com/8Yku80VL
>FAQs:
pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Use the buyer's template
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Keyboard wiki
deskthority.net/wiki/Main_Page
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com (web.archive.org/web/20161101152119/http://keypuller.com/)

Last thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jFI7Ahf0lZ8
banggood.com/nl/104-Key-Thick-Side-Craved-PBT-Keycap-For-MX-Switches-Mechanical-Keyboard-p-1143955.html?rmmds=detail-left-hotproducts__2&cur_warehouse=CN
originative.co/products/modern-beige
banggood.com/nl/104-87-61-Key-Top-Printed-Thick-PBT-Keycaps-Key-Caps-For-MX-Mechanical-Keyboard-p-1216585.html?rmmds=detail-left-viewhistory__3&cur_warehouse=CN
banggood.com/Blank-Thick-PBT-61-ANSI-Keycaps-For-MX-Switches-Mechanical-Keyboard-p-1143920.html?rmmds=detail-left-hotproducts__2&cur_warehouse=CN
banggood.com/104-Key-PBT-OEM-Profile-Side-Printed-Thick-Multiple-Solid-Color-Keycaps-p-1159608.html?rmmds=search&cur_warehouse=CN
keyboardcatalog.com/65-percent/22mini
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Sauce on keyboard in op pic, and do they have it in right handed?

patiently waiting for Troubled Minds to drop again

read the file name
>do they have it in right handed
no, but you can just get its companion number pad
If you want something attached then the vortex vibe is similar

Thank you based user

I have no idea what mechanical keyboard is or does, sorry

Its just a keyboard. What's so hard to understand? You press a button then words come on screen.

What's the best keyboard for gaming?

sidewinder x4

is it just my autism or some of the keycaps bent weirdly?

As a lifetime user of nordic ISO user, ansi is quite annoying. I can't use it at all.

Is there any possible reason besides personal preference that a person would choose something with only yellow LEDs?

Should've gotten an ISO keyboard from Ducky Nordic

if you're looking at the perceived curve on the bottom edges of some of the keycaps, then I think it's just a trick of the backlighting. Or they could just be fucked up keys

less blue light?
imo that doesn't make as much of a difference as LED flicker does, but I could always be wrong

my mionix arrrived, and its bloody well made.

>imo that doesn't make as much of a difference as LED flicker does
Oh great, another variable for me to take into account before I plonk down cash for anything.

LED flicker on keyboards is, as far as I can tell, unavoidable. I haven't found a single keyboard that mitigates flicker
build or modify your own if you can find a way to reliably power LEDs with DC current

Here's another variable, consider the differences between LED types (2x3x4, 3MM, SMD, etc.)

LED flicker only occurs because of the PWM controller
youtube.com/watch?v=jFI7Ahf0lZ8

NOOOOOOOOO
I just wanna be a nomie non-autist that buys something, takes it out of the box, plugs it in and is happy till the end of the product's life!

if you have a keyboard or mouse with LEDs on it then you already know what to expect
if it bothers you then fix it, if you can live with standard rgb led lighting conventions then you'll be fine. but flickering lighting does exacerbate eye strain over time

Then get a leopold, if you want RGB LEDs then get a Ducky One

So I finally got rid from my Anne Pro.
>Budget
80 USD. I can strecht it to 150 depending on the circunstances
>Location
Chile, home of the shitskin Texans and future South Haití
>Preferred switch type
Clicky, Cherry MX Blues.
>Layout
ANSI
>Form factor
75% or Tenkeyless
>Backlight
It's a nice add on, but I'm not gonna die if I don't have it
>Previous/current keyboards
A Motospeed CK104 key with blue kahil and an Anne Pro with Gateron Browns. X220/W520 and T440p keyboads.

CM Storm Quickfire XT Keyboard. WASD Keycaps (I designed them with InkScape). My first MK KB, plz be nice. :)

You know what I want?

ISO nordic, tenkeyless/60% with arrowkeys, bluetooth, RGB, white keycaps.

There is no such thing.

Funny thing is that Ducky used to have a keyboard similar to that.

I never thought about heaving the num pad on the left site.
It is probably better, if using the mouse with the left hand…

And now they dont? Motherfuckers.

Ducky used to have topre and alps keyboards, they even made the original poker. They've made all sorts of funky keyboards over the years, even a left handed TKL

banggood.com/nl/104-Key-Thick-Side-Craved-PBT-Keycap-For-MX-Switches-Mechanical-Keyboard-p-1143955.html?rmmds=detail-left-hotproducts__2&cur_warehouse=CN
is this worth it or should i stay away from chinese keycaps. If so, why should I stay away from chinese keycaps and what is a good cheap alternative in europe

Where to get cyryllic keycaps?

Just touch type.

or

originative.co/products/modern-beige

Probably the only set out there that doesn't feature retarded legends.

china has a couple nice sets

pls respond

>Chile
I don't know what shipping and customs are like over there, but you can tryout a magicforce 82

Are Gateron green heavier than cherry mx green?

Are Unicomp buckling spirngs keyboards worth buying? I have seen reviews of people that were actually unsatisfying with quality as keys went loose. Were they just exceptions?

Under 100 dollars is always free.
Computer parts also don't pay taxes.

Alps VS Cherry?

Modern alps suck since only the chinky chinks make them. If you can find an older alps keyboard like a dell at101w then go for that. If you don't want used then cherry is your only choice, until someone decent starts to make alps style switches

try it, I've had my eye on a set from bg recently but don't have a keyboard I'd like to put it on. yet.
I would expect the spacebar to arrive warped as hell though

welp just had a cup of tea dropped on my coolermaster with browns.

My Model M's /? key doesn't work and my AT101W's real stiff for some reason.

What's a cheap keyboard with blues? Hated browns. Preferably without numpad.

It's the Bergara B14 HMR factory, I don't think it's available for sale separately. :(

I just realized that it doesn't have a numpad though.
should I try this or should I skip all top printed keycap sets from china
banggood.com/nl/104-87-61-Key-Top-Printed-Thick-PBT-Keycaps-Key-Caps-For-MX-Mechanical-Keyboard-p-1216585.html?rmmds=detail-left-viewhistory__3&cur_warehouse=CN or should I go for something like buying 2 of these to make a numpad banggood.com/Blank-Thick-PBT-61-ANSI-Keycaps-For-MX-Switches-Mechanical-Keyboard-p-1143920.html?rmmds=detail-left-hotproducts__2&cur_warehouse=CN

fug i want BMO keycap, givs Now!

I'll probably buy something like this banggood.com/104-Key-PBT-OEM-Profile-Side-Printed-Thick-Multiple-Solid-Color-Keycaps-p-1159608.html?rmmds=search&cur_warehouse=CN as a temporary solution because I am gonna need something to type on until something worth my money arrives on massdrop.

Are there any good k-kool looking backlit shway keycaps?

yes

again, chinese keycaps (such as those cheaper sets you find on massdrop) are likely going to come with warped spacebars. But if you have a heat gun, that's probably not a dealbreaker. I don't think that would deter me from purchasing from a chinese site

care to expand on that user?

it's a very fast keyboard

what would you like to know?

How long does it take to reach 100mph?

>100mph
its based on your IQ, for example im a brainlet and wont pass 60wpm

what pcb?
how did you design and cut the case?

I have a shit chink keyboard that I could mod the fuck out.

Faster than a tesla roadster.

The PCB is a gons TKL PCB (TKL PCBs are unfortunately expensive as shit, even more so when you consider how cheap and ubiquitous 60% PCBs are). I designed the case using Freecad (I usually use autodesk inventor, but the draft workbench in freecad works great for 2D design). The case design is based on the top part of the case of the CM Quickfire TK, with some slight adjustments. Cut it with a laser-cutter.

Alright everyone, I have contacted gmk about getting a quote for a custom double-shot /mkg/ keycap. I just need to know one thing though: What color do we want the keycap to be? Please tell me what color we want the keycap to be, both base color and legend color from pic related. Most popular option will be the final color.

LGBT flag ofcourse, because everyone is OP here

Huh?

none of us will buy a mkg keycap

>I have contacted gmk about getting a quote for a custom double-shot /mkg/ keycap
what's the quote?

Lurk moar

I need colors before they can give me a render and quote.

in for GE1 on CV in comic sans font

here's a mockup i just commissioned

Screenshot of email reply.

While it's cool and shit you'd better not be expecting to sell more than 10-15 of these.

i dont think you're going to find 150 people here to buy one of these. maybe do a geekhack, deskthority, plebbit, and /mkg/ cap in a set offered in a few different color combos and then advertise it on all platforms.
and if you did that the color combos you should use are the colors of the most popular keysets like the og cherry colors, and dolch or whatever

its wierd the activity of this thread increased this last very noticeable, something happened on Sup Forums that attracted new users or are we getting shilled?

probably not. just watch, in a couple months mkg will be fucking dead and people will start saying again that the threads should just stop being posted.
then a month after that it'll be active again. it seems to be happening on a loop

Why haven't you plebs joined the Kinesis master race yet?

>once you try it out for a day you'll never go back to flat pleb boards
>best keycaps
>it even has a little speaker inside to enhance keyclicks

This thing has been one of the single best investments in computers I've ever made.

I think it's better if you're using your mouse in the right hand. For numeric input, your right hand doesn't have to leave the mouse, and your left hand can work on the numpad. And the most used key (tab) is nearby

Is there any easily available kit with this or similar layout? (65% + numpad on the left)

>tfw spaniard so I want Spanish ISO
>had to get a nordic pok3r from amazon and then Spanish Keycaps for like 50€

ok I went and did it
azio mk hue, gaote brown switch
>how'd I do?
>just wanted a maintainable keyboard, none of the gamershit
>can't stand caps breaking off these stupid chiclet keyboards

Been thinking about getting this for years uwu.
Is it really truly as good as you say? Cause it seems perfect to me.
It puzzles me how people will obsess over trivial things like key travel speed and colors instead of basic ergonomics

considering a Leopold FC980C to replace my old-ass DAS keyboard. thoughts on Leopolds?

they're good

I really do believe it's as good as I make it out to be. It took about a week max to get used to, but you should be able to match or beat your previous speeds with a little bit of practice. I like it much more than my Unicomp buckling spring keyboard and have been using it for a few years already now. It has held up excellently and is easy to clean. It's expensive, yes, but they're still the only ones making anything like it at any sort of scale, as far as I know. Most other ergonomic options will have you assembling the keyboard yourself from parts. If you use your keyboard all day every day like I do then it's worth it.

>cares about looks over functionality
the typical mechanical keyboard collector is a soyboy

I take back the part about them being the only ones. Also look at ergodox, it looks like they have keyboards available on their website now.

>artisans

Do any new keyboards come with ALPS switches? They all seem old

There are a few more pre-built ergonomic keyboards already available.
Kinesis edge
Matias Ergo Pro
Mistel Barocco
Truly Ergonomic Keyboard
and several more in preorder stage and shipping "soon":
X-bows
Keyboardio
Dygma raise
and I probably forgot something

AE/DY of course.

reminder to shoot outdoors for superior natural lighting

no, but you can get a normal 22 mini
keyboardcatalog.com/65-percent/22mini

Where can I find some nice macOS keycaps? Or some neutral ones?

I read some bad reviews about the azio mk for mac and want to buy a rosewill and put macOS keycaps on them.

Alps doesn't even make switches anymore. You can get Chinese clones from Matias and Tai Hao. Matias is leagues ahead of Tai Hao and they make some nice keyboards even if they aren't as good as the originals.

aliexpress has some. If you want a mac keyboard Ducky has some dip switches on the back to change the layout to match an apple keyboard. now the key caps won't match.

Can someone rattle off a list of decent cherry-mx style switches? I want to get a switch tester before I build a 60% but I'm not sure which switches to try.
The only switches I've used so far are Cherry blues and Gateron browns, and of those I preffered the blues (browns felt too light).

Is it going to drop again?

check the guide

magicforce 68

people seem to like kailh box switches. i recently got some box navies in but haven't put them on anything yet. they feel similar to the click of a ballpoint pen. they're good.

is this the end-game keyboard?

>nonstandard bottom row

Yikes

>not ANSI layout

What are some nice black and blank PBT DSA keycaps? I'm looking for something cheap but not super thin.

ISO>ANSI

would you consider doing it with Sup Forums logo, or stylize the mkg somehow, I think it will look too boring as just /mkg/ and people won't buy it