Need some help with MPV on Windows

Need some help with MPV on Windows.

Is there a way to seek to a video position Hh:Mm:Ss.Mm?

If I take an screenshot of a video with HDR the colors are not shown correctly. Can I fix this?

Other urls found in this thread:

mpv.io/manual/stable/
github.com/wiiaboo/mpv-scripts/blob/master/audio-balance.lua
gist.github.com/detuur/7ea3609b8826d0e6f6bbc730d54a963c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Like this.

Just use vlc lol.

Whats your point?
There is no HDR to SDR on VLC. Not while playback and not on the screenshots.

My point is that you're too dumb to use mpv, so stick with vlc.

I can't help you with the screenshot problem, but you can move frame by frame with the < and > keys. mpv.io/manual/stable/

Is there a way to override the look (font, shadow) of the subtitles embedded in MKV files?

Press u.

github.com/wiiaboo/mpv-scripts/blob/master/audio-balance.lua

Motherfucker, you a based.

The subtitle settings in the mpv.conf file are the ones that control what the overriden subs will look like. Refer to the manual for details.

"sub-ass-override=force" seems to work perfectly.

The primary help you need is for removing the Windows malware and installing an OS which respects your freedoms and doesn't spy on you.

Feel free to join for help

I was talking about the font, its size, etc. There's also the option to grayscale DVD subs if you hate yellow, for example.

Is it possible to have the conf setup so: if language is English, don't display subtitles; if language is non-English, display English subtitles?

I've been trawling through the manual, tried searching, and checked the archive but I can't seem to find anything. I don't want to have to press V like a faggot every time I watch a foreign video.

You most probably can, but it would involve some scripting or a more complicated config file. You might get help in the next mpv general, when it gets made.

>no updates to stable version for months
>no vulkan support in stable version
>no wayland support in stable version

user...

Anyone know why video-sync=display-resample causes frames to drop like crazy, but my CPU usage hovers around 12-15%?

Try a different backend or use hardware rendering (bad idea).

should be doable with auto-profiles.lua

Thanks, I'll have a take a look

Seems like only Vulkan doesn't drop frames. Anything I should know about the Vulkan backend?

install gentoo or I shoot

I wrote a boss key script for mpv. It's windows-only so far. I had to use a powershell script, which is fine, but for whatever reason, with all of Microsoft's proclamations that PS allows you to automate anything on your system, it can't do a simple thing like minimising a window without hooking into user32.dll. Fuck Windows scripting.
Anyway if there's anyone who wants to add Linux/Mac desktop functionality that'd be appreciated, haven't got a Linux desktop right now.

Link: gist.github.com/detuur/7ea3609b8826d0e6f6bbc730d54a963c