Hello darkness my old friend

>Hello darkness my old friend

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/thread/63431597/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Certainly a pain in the ass - but not the end of the world, because you have backups, right ?

Of course not.

>2018
>Still having Raptor HDD
Good thing they finally died.

at least you're not that guy that had, like, 10 disks in raid 0.

Friendly reminder for everyone to make a backup now!

>at least you're not that guy that had, like, 10 disks in raid 0.
is this a joke? link?

>8HDD Raid-0

Whhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyyy

This is my actual current setup, all EVO 850s. Dangerous, but I do weekly images to a separate backup device.

archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/thread/63431597/

Why not an NVMe SSD? Would be cheaper.

Maybe it's just me but I've had sometimes where if I kept rebooting it would work for a little bit. I've definitely had some nail-biting moments copying off data from a failing RAID.

Yup, that's the plan for the next build. I was going for "speed" and what not, but that was before I really understood just how insane NVMe drives were. My buddy has a 512GB 850 (i think?) m.2 that absolutely thrashes my array.

Lesson learned.

Remember M2 SATA != M2 NVME, just because its on M2 doesn't mean it will be faster.

A M2 850 EVO is the same than a 2.5" 850 EVO.
But a M2 960 EVO(2GB/s, 200-300k IOpS) is faster than a M2 850 EVO(550MB/s, 90k-+ IOPS).

Thanks for the clarification. Pretty certain he actually got a 950, now that I think about it. It must have been NVMe, because the benchmark we ran had it wih a sequential write speed of around 1.8GB/s.

>old, low capacity drives in a raid 0
>wanting sympathy for data loss

Those drives should be in a landfill somewhere polluting our drinking water, not storing data of value.

what a retard

I have a RAID of SCSI 73gb 10k RPM drives with next to no hours on them that I saved from the bone yard and I use them as a photo backup and to back up other files offline and not powered on, if it croaks I lose nothing since those files are mirrored on 3 other systems.

I've dealt with data loss and got fucking lucky, dropped a 2tb external while it was running and used FileScavenger and DiskRecoup to get it all back, right before the drive quit for good. I'll never make that mistake again.

>I'll never make that mistake again.

Your house burns to the ground while you are on vacation. Have you planned for this?

Gotta go fast.

One of those three systems is in Springfield, Missouri in a permanent storage facility at the trucking company I work for, the other two are at my home in Florida.

I planned for everything, including an EMP. Go big or go home baby.

>6666 instead of 666
OP isn't the Devil, but The Super Devil.

On the flip side, you are correct. Everyone who has anything important on their computer NEEDS to backup that shit on a external drive. It is imperative (crucial/very important) that people do this.

>Go big or go home baby.
This should be the motto of anyone who cares about backup integrity.

>I planned for everything, including an EMP
Need to access that loli after a nuke?

>backup 6 TB of data
Im working on getting a NAS. One of my 2 TB drives is having SMART warnings. I'm scared.

>Im working on getting a NAS

Ultra high density optical storage when?

>Hardware RAID
Yep, he's retarded.

zfs and btrfs
Read into them.