This shit sucks, 3.5mm jack tip broke off inside my phone. This thing is a pain in the ass to take apart...

This shit sucks, 3.5mm jack tip broke off inside my phone. This thing is a pain in the ass to take apart, so I don't want to go through that again.

Any ideas on how to get this little shit out of there? I'm sure in the end that I'll fuck it up and need to tear it all apart anyway.

Just some image from a search

Other urls found in this thread:

ifixit.com/Store/Tools/GripStick-Headphone-Plug-Extraction-Tool/IF145-333-1
twitter.com/AnonBabble

suck on it real hard

what brand of cable was that? i want to never buy it.

>3.5mm jack

lol nostalgia thread?

Amazon basic male to male cable

Yeah, sure, no reason to keep older headphones at all...

stick with hosa. only hosa

Was cheap cable for cheap headphones I only use while out of the house. Was meant to save money/heartache when something kicked the bucket. Lesson learned.

Train an ant to retrieve it.

put your dick in the hole

Tiny bead of superglue on the end, then shove the jack back in and let it set. Then pull out.

Had already tried that, just have super glue in jack. Maybe I try harder.

I've been fixing phones and tablets professionally for 7 years. You have to replace the part. I've tried everything in the past

>Micro-tweezer the end out
>Soldering something to the end
>JB Welding something to the end
>Strong as fuck magnets
>Supe Gloop
>WD40 made it wiggle, but nothing else

iFixit sells a tool, but it's essentially a thin plastic sleeve that wraps around the broken end, but doesn't do much else. Replace the part.

hot glue and a match stick?

It's the very end, the smallest part possible.

So irritating, like something I can feel in my ear but can't get out.

>Amazon

found your problem

break the other side is there some kind of hole in it?

I used a tooth pick and a some super glue. Worked like a charm

use a screw, thin enough to fit at the the tip and a couple turns of the thread into it, then pull.

i recently lost a pretty decent speaker setup because of this bullshit.
all i had to do was stuff the bottom broken part, but i went full retard and took it apart piece by piece breaking a bunch of it in the process.

wasn't a 3.5mm jack but still, same thing mostly.

This

Let the glue set longer you fucking impatient sperg

If you REALLY don't want to take it apart, drill an 1.6mm hole in it and tap an M2 thread. Then use an M2 bolt to get it out. Keep in mind that if you don't center well you'll destroy the jack and if you drill too deep you'll destroy the phone. This requires skill and tools but I think it can be done.
There's a chance the jack is not fully round on the inside, or has an opening on the bottom (iPhone iirc) and you can just remove the rear of the phone and push it out with a needle or something.
If neither of those apply replace the part.
If you feel like screwing up hard drill with 2.5mm and hope it breaks

ifixit.com/Store/Tools/GripStick-Headphone-Plug-Extraction-Tool/IF145-333-1

This is the Hank Hill answer.