Shove in USB stick

>shove in USB stick
>auto copy loads of files
>take out USB stick and leave

How would someone even find out something like this?

What traces would it even leave? Unless he completely fucked up the USB port taking the thing out

Maybe the log files?

That is what I'm asking

What log files?

the log files of the OS
Loonix has them. I don't know if file transfers are recorded on them though

Well of course it's gonna show up in logs when the system mounts the flash drive
PS if you're a sysadmin, make sure to never ever have automount enabled on any devices

How is the flash drive going to read files without being mounted by the os?

I just re-mounted one of my external USB hard drives as a demonstration, should be exactly the same for a USB flash drive

$ cat /var/log/syslog | grep Mounted

Jan 31 00:40:47 desktop ntfs-3g[26591]: Mounted /dev/sdd1 (Read-Write, label "Seagate", NTFS 3.1)

And again, that's assuming your system will automatically mount the inserted drive. Most sensible systems will not mount it in the first place.

Give back the files Jamal.

She's running windows

The OS would log it.
But by even interacting with the files, they become marked as altered.

Unless you are very technically ept or forensically qualified with the associated tools, you will leave a trace.

>Last Accessed

Dump the nudes you stole faggot

Checking log means you already suspect something. But how would you even suspect this to look into logs in the first place?

That is not op, I am. The conversation I posted is from a video game.

If you're trying to steal corporate secrets, they probably have cron that checks the logs every 5 seconds for certain keywords. But if you're targetting a single normie, you probably don't have to worry too much.
One thing to keep in mind is that it's possible to get sued for something like this, if you mess up and get caught some other way. And at that point it's pretty important that you didn't leave any traces. But it's highly unlikely, anyways.

WINDOWS registry has info saying usb drives were plugged in. MFT access time updated as well.

They’ll have a DLP solution in place. Probably not going to find many cron jobs doing that

Clear log.

?

I’m taking about the usbstor key. Not a log

clearing the log leaves a log entry

>can't beat stick
>can't beat log
is there any part of a tree that humans can overcome?

no need to suspect anythign, being a nerd is enough
My PC takes a photo with the webcam and logs the timestamp of every login, it also takes a photo every minute and every week i compile them into a short stop motion video before deleting

She explains It , this makes sense if you see the
"The only thing left was the error message"

Makoto just plugged the device leaving the "drive not ejected correctly " on screen

At least if she is running macOS

>I have no idea what the fuck im on about but I'm gonna post anyway!
Mate he's asking specifically which "log file of the OS" records it.

It's fucking clear it wasn't going to be recorded in a freight transit log..