Why the fuck isn't Microsoft Office free?

why the fuck isn't Microsoft Office free?

Other urls found in this thread:

libreoffice.org/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

If you have a .edu email it is.

I don't pay for it. If you do, you are too stupid to own a computer.

Microsoft Corporation is a for-profit company.

web version is free.

MS is propped up by dumb corporations paying millions of dollars for "desktop refreshes" every few years to get their latest shitty software.

Because it's sellable unlike your libreoffice which hardly would sell if it had a selling price of a cent. Hell WPS office is much better than all the libre crap there is.

Too many people don't want to move to something that makes more sense like Google Docs/Sheets/Slides or don't know it exists.

Microsoft Office is a literal meme (maybe excluding Excel).

It is

It's their main source of income.

at least libre is a genuine product unlike the bad word clone that is wps

Excel is really nice tbqh

>why the fuck isn't Microsoft Office free?
All those Pajeets need to eat. So pay them some shekels, retarded goy.

I'm an Indian. I'm tired of all the things people say about us. I mean, which other country is hated the most? North Korea? We're probably next to North Korea. Several people called me "pajeet", "who shits on the streets" "giv bob and vegana" as soon as I told them I'm from India. I'm now afraid of telling that I'm Indian. I feel ashamed. One person said "US should nuke India" on a youtube video about India and it got hundreds of likes or upvotes. Most of the things people say only apply to poor people and uneducated. People like me in the cities probably never saw anyone shitting on streets. I honestly never saw anyone shit on streets. At least from what I know, people don't shit on "streets" but in an open area like farmlands in villages. I keep my identity hidden and don't tell anyone that I'm Indian. I'm afraid they'll treat me differently. I keep trying to avoid those comments but they are affecting me. Not directly but indirectly. For example, read any Reddit threads about, you'll see hate comments about India. Fuck this shit

they're too busy losing every customer to Google and failing to enter the mobile computing market

because good engineers expect to be paid

a better question would be, why are there no free alternative to excel?

Kek. Haven't seen this copypasta for a while

I was banned

fuck you street shitter

That's not free, stupid femanon.

It is free: libreoffice.org/

Botnet. MicroPajeets have to milk their cash cows somehow

because people will keep buying it

Because better free alternatives like OnlyOffice, WPS and LibreOiffice exist. If you ignore the fact that WPS shows ads (except on Linux) and that LibreOffice has a completely different UI than other office products, there's nothing you'd lose if you switch to either.
Microsoft Office is for enterprise use, not for desktops. You shouldn't be bothered by it's price.

Excel is fine, but 95% of it's users would be fine on the above 3 mentioned office solutions anyways. Microsoft's office isn't for home use.

So far Google's services have been unable to fully replace MS Office products like MS Word.

Arguably power point has a good alternative though.

Apparently only some schools do this, which I assume means the school is paying for a volume license that covers students. So still not free, just part of your tuition/fees.

Microsoft, so who cares?

Can we all agree 2007 is best Office?

power point was always easily replaceable. even LibreOffice Impress is a good replacement.

It's interesting how almost all tech colleges can download edu versions of windows 10 and office, visual studio, win 8.1, server, and SQL server. Some still offer w7.
And yet any college I've visited used LibreOffice and Linux in libraries. Mine uses Xubuntu with a traditional windows-like UI, for example.

I use latex for any real papers. For the rest markdown as my main notes application/writing something quick and dirty.

You can also use Rmarkdown, which has some latex features baked in.

As for Excel: use R

Only normies use office

Anime

>MS is propped up by dumb corporations paying millions of dollars for "desktop refreshes" every few years to get their latest shitty software.
you really have no idea how the enterprise sector works... please do not get a tech job and stay working at mcdonalds

Price give the illusion of quality.

Why don't you volunteer at your job?

Oh, right, you don't have a job.

Google's office tools are almost perfect for people who don't need it for work and free, if you do have a job that requires microsoft office your employer is paying for the licence anyway so who cares?

because it is proprietary, for-profit software.
You can pirate it and deal with whatever computer aids you get, or you can buy it.

Alternatively, learn LaTeX and enjoy perfect and free word processing.

Why don't you work for free, OP?

Funny, it's been free to me since Office 97, which BTW was deliberate market chumming. Easy to install infinite times with the same key, home and work Office suites matched and the home one was free as in beer.

This right here, been using it for years
Sup Forums is too afraid to pirate though

True, and what a bunch of sorry faggots they are. Piracy was the first thing to learn about computers after operating basics, but teencunts is skeered.

>creating powerpoints on Slides
>doing this on a plane or even on the airports shitty wifi
Naw i'm good
>no macros and tons of other shit you can do with office
Don't get me wrong Google Docs get the job done at a basic level but that's really it. If you need anything more than that and actually want to own your data you're SOL.

kinda, you have to renew it every year now so once you graduate it's gone

Amerifag here. I saw someone shit in the street here. True story.

Thanks to high level corruption and dirty salesman, there are people who like to laundry money with ms products.

because microsoft wants to suck your money every year with that stupid office 365 bullshit

Microsoft Office is in this shitty state where half of it's on O365 and the other half is on the desktop and the shit never syncs content or permissions properly. I feel really bad for the desktop support guys at my job dealing with that shit day in and out. Really glad to be a sysadmin on a DevOps team dealing with Linux.

>Because it's sellable unlike your libreoffice blablabla..........

Why defend a company that hates you? I bet you're too poor to pay for it.

Google's office suite is pretty terrible, also they have it so your boss can track you down to the minute on what you've been typing. No thanks.

I'm a toolbar loving caveman, so 03 will always be best to me.

>autoKMS
>auto
>Kill
>my
>self
yeah.

What the fuck is with that totally pointless post?

>2018
>paying for school

Germanyfag?

Because that's how proprietary software works. You pay for throwing away your privacy.

Good software is never free, unless it spies on you.

Microsoft Office is paid and spies on you.

>haha I use LaTeX and R instead, look how superior I am using those complicated languages!
You don't because you don't write any papers and you don't analyze any data, you NEET.

>>The possibility of throwing away your privacy.

FTFY.

luke is that you?

Ill second that shit.

Proof of papers neetyboo.

Because my office subscribes it for me. :^)

You dont know for sure.

Man im getting in alot of captcha free post here.
Whats the point of paying for a pass?

ahhh my fucking community college gives us free ms 365 access

I bought a licence via the home use program at work.
Cost 14€ and can be installed on 3 PC's. I have paid more for mobile apps

How can you be so naive? It's pretty obvious. They spy on you with Windows 10. Why won't they spy on you through Word? And yeah I'm also getting into posts with one click, happens when you solve a lot of em.

Hint: You don't need to actually be a student. You just need a .edu email.

It's not hard to get one. When you do, please don't be too vocal about it or you'll ruin the free .edu goodies for everyone.

I got it for free™ though.

>microsofts OFFICE isnt for HOME use
Gee ya think?

Excel is extremely useful and none of the competition comes close.

T. Professional options trader

>not the designated shitting street one
You had one job.

>They spy on you with Windows 10. Why won't they spy on you through Word?

Because they spy on you through 10. Why would they needlessly add telemetry to office?

Show proof of telemetry in office please or fuck off.

Can you prove that ms spy on you through their office software?

Common sense user. Watch and learn. I bet you're so salty because you probably bought MS Office like a turbo normie fag would. So just calm the fuck down.

See:

If you actually need excel to work the competition doesn’t come close.

>Watch and learn. I bet you're so salty because you probably bought MS Office like a turbo normie fag would. So just calm the fuck down.

I use linux and i probably have before you were even born. (Probably )Common sense does not equal proof now show it or fuck off.

Wow what an achievement. Using Jewbuntu.

>google "Home Use Program"
>Go to Microsoft website
>Type in your work email

>Congrats you can now buy office 2016 Pro (full version, none of that 365 subscription bullshit) for $10

You're welcome

Wrong. Now show proof.

Uhuh. Not so fast. What's the hurry normie?

Office licenses are like a 1/3 of Microsoft's income.

Make of it what you will.
You cant prove shit and you know it.
MS office doesn't spy on you. It doesn't make sense to but you cant fathom that because you're a stupid moron that blindly follows Sup Forums.

Make of it what you will. But I know enough about Microsoft to know that they spy on you.

Fuck you, current version of Word is master race for actual writers. The moment they create a more functional navigation pane (or a cork board, like scrivener) and add better onenote integration (for projects that require lots of research) MS Word will become the definitive writing program.

Anyone from EU, probably
Even a second world shithole like Poland has free education

The Office 365 suite is pretty cool. We use it at work and it is actually quite useful. MS Teams is like a dev team focused skype, planner is a great scrum style digital board, the calendar integrates with the whole 365 suite and so does the one drive feature, meaning you can have all your files that you upload in the various 365 apps centralized.

The system works nicely and I'm very pleased with it, but obviously the functionality extends way beyond just the simple office tools like Word, Excel, PP and Outlook.

Because there are still old people and dumb normies who pay for it. If not normal Word would be free and office 365 wouldn't which is what makes sense.

Nice try, Bill.

lets get real for a moment. You install office 2016 in about 45 minutes and for open office its about the same but remember. Biggest base open office is about 1 gigabytes or 2 while office 2016 can be more than 5 gigabytes of data. And what happens when you open them. On the open office there are about 2 functional buttons, 3 are nonfunctional and in those two buttons there are some pictures to play with. Maybe slide down or up. On microsoft office though, you feel like a god. Its professional its fast, its all functional. You have a godlike user interface. The thing that the open office does not have. You have those two buttons in the open office, but you still search google for codes to write in terminal. open office is free because its not worth a penny. Nobody would sell a paper without taking the money. When you work with microsoft office you know some genius ground breaker dedicated himself to give you an operational office

Ok dude, I used Libreoffice before because I didn't want to pay for a license, but now that my workplace provides a full 365 account I have no problems using it, and it is actually quite good.

If you're a single home user, paying for Office is retarded.

I wish I could install Excel and nothing else, but yeah Office is an insanely powerful tool

>Because there are still old people and dumb normies who pay for it.

not really for old people but more for companies who have dedicated macros and models and can't/don't want to change to another program, train their employees, change their practices, etc... the same reason most entreprises use windows too.

It's free on android

Because every alternative sucks.

I paid 800€ a year for uni.
T. Belgian

I get paid 550€/mont to go uni

T: Finland

Wps is actually good for basic productivity though.

G suite is utter trash compared to office.

typing delay of half a second...no,thanks.

A couple days when I tried to copy the resulting text from an equation in Google Sheets with CTRL C it highlighted the cell (to copy and paste within the document, as one expects, no problem) but it didn't actually copy the contents (or anything at all) to my clipboard. To actually copy the resulting text, I had to double click the cell, then double click a little cell that appeared above it and copy that.

Not only is that hilariously bad behavior, it's different behavior than it was a month ago, when it worked as expected. MS Office won't suddenly break features on me because it doesn't automatically update daily.