Install debian

>install debian
>everything goes smoothly
>reboot system
>boot into debian
>graphical bootloader working fine
>boots into black screen that doesn't go away
>no error messages in boot scroll
really wanted to give it a go after all this time but it can't even boot without shitting itself

Works on my machine. But seriously the only thing I can think of is an issue with the video card drivers (common in debian installs)

running an evga gtx 1050ti
how would I even fix the drivers before being able to boot?

>how would I even fix the drivers before being able to boot?
You can probably boot, just not into a graphical environment. To debug you can try to boot directly into a shell with no graphics. When you start up your computer and get past the BIOS, grub will open and ask what you want to boot into. Hit 'e' to edit the boot commands.

Find the line that starts with "linux" and change anything like "quiet splash" to "text" if there isn't anything there you can just add text to the line. Now when you boot you should get a shell and no graphics.

From here you can edit the system settings to allow for installing "non-free" software/firmware which would include the graphics drivers you're missing.

It sucks but debain is one of those distros that doesn't come with anything "non-free" and so doesn't support a lot of hardware right at install time and can be difficult to fix that (like downloading a wireless internet driver when your internet doesn't work)

Other distros will include these drivers so new users don't have to suffer through these headaches

Look up booting with 'nomodeset'. If that gets you in, you'll probably want to set up you graphic drivers with dkms.

lainfags are really cringy, they think the show is the most dark and fucked up shit ever and that makes them leet af or some shit. It actually makes me embarrassed to have watched it. also install arch unironically

That's cute, sweetie.

Installing debian has always been hell one way or another for me.

I think you're projecting a bit there. Most of the people who are fans of the show attribute no such things to it. Just appreciate it for what it is.

I guess you could say it's pretty...

...complex.

Just use Ubuntu. Debian is for servers.

I've used ubuntu before and it felt kinda bloated. Are there any other alternatives aside Mint?

Xubuntu, but if bloat is an issue then install Gentoo.

>install debian
>spend 3 days ricing
>decide to remove a font
>debian deletes half of the system
never more

Not your tech support, fock off.

Try Void Linux. It's comfy and minimal

>Use a system developed by hackers and mantained by volunteers.
>Get mad when it expects you to be half competent and doesn't hold your hand.

Just keep using wangblows bro. There's no shame in admitting you're too dumb for linux. If you must you can always use ubuntu wich is made for people like you.

Had this on my most recent debian install OP

KDE and the cursor is showing?

sudo apt-get installed plasma-desktop

Will fix it right up

OP was a shitpost, people decided to offer help

OP can't even install Debian

been on arch for over a year now, before that it was between fedora and mint
just thought I'd finally try debian since I'd planned on it for a while now
keep projecting though

I've installed gentoo (didn't stick with it) and arch (used for over a year and going back tomorrow)
I really doubt it's on my end

thanks for the help anons but I think I'll just go back to arch for now. I got the urge to distro hop and it wasn't worth it this time.

oh sorry I misunderstood your post then

i don't even understand how this can happen. I guess it might've detected nvidia, and tried to run on nouveau because some algo somewhere said that your card can run with the free drivers, then fails spectacularly at that, when it could've just fallen back on the safer llvm-pipe drivers where the GPU goes unused and is just a bypass.

The fix would be uninstalling nouveau to get the vesa fallback drivers running, then install the proprietary nvidia driver blob.

>arch sperg
>calling others retards because of a gook cartoon
LMAO
Just install fedora or kubuntu OP.

Gpu drivers are pretty bad for Linux diestros in general

> Complains about graphics problems
> Never mentions the manufacturer of graphics adapter.

>See this post
>Think back to last night when I installed Debain with only basic system tools
>Booted up as terminal prompt
>Set the entire thing up myself.
>Never shit itself once

Either you're retarded or I'm really lucky.

Then dont ask to waste our fucking time with your dumbass questions.