github.com/McKay42/McOsu
store.steampowered.com/app/607260/McOsu/
godotengine.org/
osgameclones.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Steam for Linux.
/thread

not even joking, I had some fun times with that game years ago

What are some GOOD free as in freedom games?

McOsu

github.com/McKay42/McOsu
store.steampowered.com/app/607260/McOsu/

God fucking damn I miss tremulous.
SST was such a fucking good server. Wonder where Paradox or Bissig or Rezyn wound up

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Lnuix, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

kvm gpu passthrough
literally all games that work on windows can now work on linux with a little easy, well documented tutorial following

>Osu
>good

OSU is a fucking Z tier rhythm game.
If you want free as in freedom rhythm games check out the myriad of BMS players.

its like sim city for poor people

even LinCity tried harder than this

>implying "gaymen on linux" can't refer to the kernel

What makes for *good*?

There's lots of fun games on Linux that I've enjoyed thorougly, but lacks a certain polish, execution, or complexity that people expect from a "real" game.

What the fuck you think is the current year, 2006? see

ive never seen this thread before

The current stat of gay men on lunix.

when will this copypasta die?

Hopefully never

So basically you still need Windows, good to know.

if you're not retarded you can get the regular osu client working with wine, 1000 times better than McOsu

neverBALL

That's awesome, downloading as we speak.

please tell me a freedom demolishing yeti comes out.

I know, looks terrible

XONOTIC

Have no fears, we'll have memes for years.

kek

Choose from one of the many worthwhile Linux games, like Mount and Blade! and.... that's about it.

OpenGL only lowers your FPS by about 60 compared to how War Thunder runs on directX.

But creator on Linux the Linus (not Sebastian) is more patriotic, he uses mac but with fedora.

Lost

Battle for Wesnoth is a good game in itself, without giving it affirmative action points

Openttd, openrct2, super tux kart racing.

And the Entire Counter Strike series
And the Half life series
And Borderlands 2
And Baldurs Gate 1 and 2
And Bioshock Infinite
And Barony
And the Divinity series
And Dying Light
And the Metro series

Red Eclipse, too.

best thing ive seen on Sup Forums in weeks

haha linux users are terrorists!11
>the state of Sup Forums

Anyone got the version with sound? Pretty please with icing and sugar and a cherry on top I have been looking for this one for weeks.

>conflates game with game assets
wargus, openmw

Perfect

openra, currently 4 years playing every day

He uses a Dell XPS. Even his previous laptop wasn't Apple, he said he changed it because there are many better alternatives available already. That Apple laptop was years ago.

>2010
>what are the best open sources games?
> Xonotic, open TTD, 0 A.d., superTuxKart, Flightgear, Hedgewars, Stunt rally, SuperTux, AssaultCube, Sauerbraten...

>2018
>what are the best open sources games?
> Xonotic, open TTD, 0 A.d., superTuxKart, Flightgear, Hedgewars, Stunt rally, SuperTux, AssaultCube, Sauerbraten...

battle for wesnoth was my fave back in the day

still werking perfectly

You mean this Linus right here?

so less that 1% of the steam library.

linux users are the vegans of technology, so fucking preachy.

>that background made with Bryce

Xatenev, acts wonderland etc...

no portal?

Y I K E S
Perhaps we need to wait a few more years for linux to mature and get some better games

Well we do have a free as in freedom engine now
godotengine.org/

Oh yeah the portal series!
And the Left 4 Dead series
And Pillars of Eternity
And Serious Sam 3
And Shadow Warrior
And Shadow Warrior Classic Redux
And System Shock 2
And the upcoming System Shock reboot
And Torchlight 2

Mindustry. If you ignore the pixel art and the music it is the best kind of tower defense game so far.
Also Hedgewars. It's basically Worms on steroids.

>Worms on steroids.
so small penis, retains water in muscle mass and is angry?

>regular client
>better than McOsu
are you retarded 5 digit noob?

Linux is a kernel which also is used in Android. There are millions of games available at the google play store.

Sad really. Linux had a good run, but then graphics came along.

this

Can I play this game on Windows and does it support gamepads?

You should feel ashamed for not posting this.

Comes with Mandrake/Mandriva Linux 10.1. I had it on a DELL lots of years ago and boi was it fun.

SuperTux, if you never played, you don't deserve Sup Forums

Are you kidding? It was the only reason I loved Tux.

There's another interesting game named "Enigma" on Knoppix 3.7.

AFAIK that one must've been a Linux exclusive, since I've never seen a Windows release, unlike SuperTux.

tfw nobody plays xonotic in south america. at this point i'd just rather have xonotic on steam just for a little bit of visibility

0ad

osgameclones.com/

You can't mock this game, it's too good. And with "you can't" I don't mean you shouldn't, no I mean it's literally impossible to unironically mock this game without looking like a complete joyless sperglord with a dopamine immunity.

Also, other great games for GNU/Linux:
- Cities: Skylines
- Kerbal Space Program
- Rocket Leagues
- Serious Sam

>Can I play this game on Windows
Don't need to. Just boot a liveUSB distro like antix or mint.

>I know, looks terrible
Who cares. Classic video games look crap as well. Doesn't mean they're not more fun than all AAA titles combined and fully immersive without jew trickery like VR.

>do something that requires more work than clicking 'install game' on steam
no no no

This is not about less work. This is about playing FOSS games on a FOSS operating system. It's what you do when you outgrow the proprietary wincuck phase.

NETHACK, my mother fuckin nigga. You should also play some gearhead. Shit is lit.

Y I K E S ! ! !

Looks like you have to mature for another few years before understanding that video game graphics are actually made and shipped by the game developers and not stored in a magic box located in the kernel of the operating system.

only good games on that list are the Valve games. which are a bit dated.