If you had $100 Billion what tech would you invest in

If you had $100 Billion what tech would you invest in

Bitcoin

Potable water for every human.

lol such a ridiculous liberal response. don't know if you can anonymously virtue signal but you don't have to be a very bright man to understand that if you don't even have access to clean water or water period then you have no business having kids. why in the world would you bring a child into the world who won't have access to water? anyway hope you at least have fun wasting your life cleaning up after third worlders who can't get their shit together. if ever country on earth had unlimited clean water access they would just expand, populate and recreate the same problems we have today. lack. of. resources.

I would donate 1 billion to the suckless community to make the best operating system ever etc etc

Then i would use the other 5 billion to make an alternative adobe suite gpl version

Invest 3 billion in a gta 5 type game but licensed in gpl

Lastly i would use the remaining billion to make open source hardware. No botnet in the hardware what so ever

the worlds first privately funded space station

>materials science research into bringing VLSI chip production to a machine that can fit in an average-sized room and cost less than 6 figures.
because there's no such thing as free hardware unless you can hop over to your local university or makerspace and manufacture one yourself.
>also, the pursuit of free software and free hardware

Sexbots.

>implying sub-humans even think about the implications of reproduction besides "feel good"

Primitive tech. Like all things rock and stick based.

I would give it to Stallman.

He would make bloat software. Give it to the suckless people

Go hard into asteroid mining. Except instead of mining it in space, I'll crash it down in the middle of the desert (on my property of course) with no advance notice. I'll do it with good 500m rocks; should make for some great youtube video while at the same time fulfilling my desire to be a mad scientist

I have a few research projects that I would personally carry out. I have ideas on how to improve human longevity, for one. I also have some less sane ideas that I'd still like to test out. But I'll probably always just be too poor to test any of them. If I ever did figure something out I would probably just give the knowledge away freely anyways; I hate patent law. I hate litigation.

$100 billion would get him to 0.99 beta of GNU/Hurd.

you'd make better use of the money by giving it to the OpenBSD foundation.

medicine i guess,

psychology... a lot of people seem unhappy. i find it difficult to learn math.

or space.... maybe all three.

You are an idiot. Do you have any idea what the consequences of dirty water worldwide are?

brain-machine interfaces

rope

I would only do one thing with it.
Buy winrar.

Which breeds more humans further straining the aquifers. Unintended consequences are still consequences.

what ever the tech to make my waifu real is

Old thinkpads.

1 - Labs in space, where we can develop technologies in zero gravity

2 - Electric bicycles, chargers on bike racks/ built into bike paths

3 - Abolish government owned schools, promote programming, business, and lifestyle design

4 - Pay apple to make all their existing and future technology open source

5 - Fund people to go to third world countries and teach them programming, business, and lifestyle design

6 - Create an information network, that posts facts instead of "news". Also that is not biased to one country, for example anything America reports about on North Korea is propaganda

I could keep going but I have ideas I'm actually working towards

teaching african refugees javascript

batteries
>all portable electronic devices
>electric cars finally putting an end to the hydrocarbon kebab
>electric grid storage or distributed solar storage which is inevitable now that the western private nuclear industry has died
>electric boats and planes?

Teaching them things that would put future generations in a position to learn javascript

A rocket to get me off this rock.

What about investing it into technology using humans as batteries and farming humans?

>implying they didn't change that plot to the matrix because amerifats were too brainlet to understand the idea of using enslaved human minds as a grid computer system

Build a PC that can run crysis at 4k

I would hire a giant meteor to smash into the earth

Killing Facebook, Google and other botnet.

Global HVDC supergrid

Do you know the consequences of having 10 kids with no clean water to drink? Really makes u think.

But that's only $10 billion

happiness

Different user, but it was also my first thought. My greatest fear is a water war.

>be virgin
>doesn't know the absolute pleasure of nutting inside a woman
>complains about others enjoying themselves
>he thinks it's a sin to reproduce without guaranteed western standard of living

that's why you are going extinct, you virgin.

AMD

Nuclear fusion

A hardware company that is good. Our designs will emphasize functionality over style (which is not to say aesthetics are out the window). We will respect your freedom: our products can be repaired and upgraded by the end user and will work with third party components. We'll offer a product line similar to that of Apple/Google/Samsung: the personal electronics industry. We'll actually invest money into making free firmware not shit. I would also be interested in branching out to the pro audio industry. I think there's a niche for inexpensive digital consoles geared towards broadcast that is untapped.

>Pay apple to make all their existing and future technology open source
I think it would take a lot more than $100 billion to do that, considering that Apple's market capitalization is something like $850 billion.

>I would donate 1 billion to the suckless community to make the best operating system ever etc etc
>suckless gets infiltrated by SJWs
>karlie gets a contract to provide the with trained developers
>best case scenario you end up with a python and javascript os with a 10 thousand meme library dependencies and a healthy appreciation of why we can't have nice things

space exploration and medical research

The one belt, one road initiative.

A decent desktop operating system

Careful with that edge, kid, wouldn't want to cut yourself

Europe is now even more open to Russian and Turkish blackmail. What a great world.

I would invest into risc-v.
Hopefully, that would be enough to get it to at least a core duo performance level.
Then I would invest the rest of my money into a company putting risc-v boards into thinkpads

>t. future welfare recipient

Soon we're going to pay each other with cubes of trash

>getting free money from other people
>bad