Ultrawide monitors

Biggest scam in tech history?

Biggest scam in tech history.

Ultrawide monitors.

Just get 4k dual monitor

ok let me just grow money on my branches

Obviously the monitor isn't the problem. It's the (lack of) software solutions to take advantage of it. That's like putting a V8 engine on your bike and getting pissed when you don't go fast.

>comparing a bike with a monitor

is u be retarded boi

>having an ultrawide monitor
>not using a tiling WM on Gnu/Linux

OP is a fucking faggot

2 tiles vs 3 tiles?

ultrawides are awesome
im never going back to 16:9, they feel like 4:3 now

what the flying fuckerino does this even mean?

4:3 is superior to 16:9

itt: monitorlets

More like 4 vs 6

How is it a scam if you're not using the monitor as intended? Why would you buy an expensive monitor to browse Sup Forums or reddit? That's like buying a 144hz monitor to code.

Well.... you're just stupid because yourfeel the urge to fucking fullscreen every window

>the cursor moving @ 144hz
I can only get so erect

>ricing windows

4:3 has weak multitasking. On widescreen you can comfortably have two vertical windows side by side.

Well, depending on what you're coding, a high refresh rate monitor may be worthwhile for testing purposes.
I could also justify buying a high end high res IPS panel quite easily for Sup Forums alone. If only for the sake of viewing and sharing media.
Things can still be beneficial even with misuse. Though I agree it's still not a scam for people too stupid to figure this shit out.

love the way you're effectively utilizing all that space

why does it say "expectation" when the top screenshot is reality - because you've managed to achieve it

OP clearly has a few extra chromosomes

16:9 feels like 4:3 now that im used to 21:9

ur mom's 21:9 got old to me so i'm banging your sister's petite 4:3 booty now

I'm going to say the biggest scam is license keys. They don't even give you a 15 cent disk. They just offer you a piece of paper with a sticker on it indicating a download link and license keys. It cost them less than a dollar to make the key and they sell this shit for 199.99+t go fuck yourself Microshaft.

you're literally retarded. run a tiling wm

Multiple monitors of same brand/model is still the way to go.

There are many very efficient and easy to use programs that window divide for 21:9 monitors.

ultrawides are just made from defective 16:9 panels that have been salvaged by cutting the top or bottom off.

16:9 panels are just defective 4:3 panels that have been salvaged by cutting the top or bottom off.

install i3.

>the only cost microsoft incurs is the price of printing license keys

Obviously what you need is a good tiling window manager, i3 is a good option, you get a to exploit ever pixel square of your real estate screen surface to the maximum.

You don't even need to find a program, it comes built in.

How do you read anything?

git gud

I like it.

not an argument