/hpg/ - Headphone General

How to request purchase advice: pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub (embed)

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in Sup Forums wiki headphone FAQ: wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Headphone guide: canpicker.com/

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Atc0ERea7nE
youtu.be/72FJSwegork
piratefm.co.uk/news/latest-news/855780/worlds-most-expensive-paperweight-in-st-ives/
tom-morrow-land.com/tests/ampchall/index.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>You'll never have a cat bra wearing gf

S T A X

I have to refrain from impulse buying shit i don't need.

HD 600 only way to go

post what you're currently listening to
youtu.be/Atc0ERea7nE

so you have a cma600i and a dac1

Pretty much the dac1 popped up for $150 AUD because apparently it had distortion on the left channel. I bought it sprayed the volume pot with deoxit turned it a few times and it fixed it. Now im unsure which one i should keep.

youtu.be/72FJSwegork

Finally got these. Pretty good improvement from my RE 400, immediately noticed better clarity, separation, and slightly better soundstage. These ar more forward sounding and engaging which makes the RE 400 sound laid back. Surprisingly easy to drive with my OP3T.

So I got a Magni 3 for my tv setup (d30>magni3>mr524) its alright, Fostex hpa4bl is nicer sounding however, more smooth and natural.

My headphones broke and until I get a new pair, all I have are some apple ear buds. I feel like the ear buds are in my ear even when they aren't -- it feels like there is something touching my ear. For example, I just listened to some podcasts for half an hour this morning and now 8 hours later I'm feeling that phantom ear bud feeling even though I haven't put them in my ears since this morning. Has anyone else experienced this?

Have you checked to make sure a spider didn't crawl into your ear and laid eggs while you were sleeping?

bullshit they sound the same

do you own both

they don't, i'm sorry

no but all competent solid state gear sounds the same

This. Best headphones in the world.

lol

>Schiit
>competent

>claiming that two separate amps, neither of which anyone has posted measurements for, sound the same
Is this the so called 'budget objectivist' I've heard about?

the left speaker on my ksc75s is buzzing sometimes. How do I fix it?

unless one of those amps is a bucket of shit they should sound the same

Wew go find a different hobby you clearly cannot afford this one

im the one with the cma600i and dac1

the fostex sound warmer and smoother, it just does. Its meant to be paired with the ear rape th900, so it pairs really well with bright headphones, magni3 not so much.

good to see they are using good quality caps

If you are then you are a hypocrite, but I don't believe you :)

My spiders are my friends; they wouldn't hurt me.
The feeling is on that little piece of ear that bumps out, it's not like it's deep inside. Someone on yahoo posted a similar complaint and none of the people who responded seemed to know what he was talking about.

>all solid state amps sound the same
>gets a $1k+ amp
why

because they look and feel nice

Buy a $1000 paperweight I'm sure it will be excellent too

piratefm.co.uk/news/latest-news/855780/worlds-most-expensive-paperweight-in-st-ives/
this looks pretty stellar you have to admit....

headphone haver reporting in

He's not wrong: tom-morrow-land.com/tests/ampchall/index.htm
This has never been completed for a reason.

>the greatest headphones ever manufactured and some Audio Technicas

Can anyone else with a Topping D30 test to see if their displays and system will sleep on timers with the drivers and/or the built-in Windows 10 UAC2 support?

that's "some Audio Technicas made in Japan" to you

>after more than a month of waiting of waiting, my chinkshit replacement headphone pads finally arrive
>put them on and wear them for a few hours
>pretty good feel, will hopefully not disintegrate like the authentic ones do
>take headphones off
>notice a motherfucking seam
>the stitched leather seem stretches across the cushions
>one cushion has this seam on the bottom side while the other has it on the top

If you have a good dac is it bad to use the windows volume control?

>buying anything but official replacement pads, ever

Reminder that we're not here to babysit you. If you come into the thread and ask "I just bought X, did I make a mistake?" or ask for advice without any baseline (for instance, filling out the form graciously prepared in the OP of every /hpg/), we will throw your ignorant ass to the HD600 wolves.
There is nothing wrong with asking too many questions, nor is there a problem with some circlejerking. There is a problem, however, with asking questions you have already made up your mind about or baiting a circlejerk, then getting mad about the answers you get. Take that shit to reddit, head-fi or SBAF.

>4 anons have bought stax thus far in the past few days
Which one of you magnet soybois is next?

post your referral link and I'll buy one

I just sold my HD600, what am I in for?

For what?

I cannot tell you; it's confidential.

Hey man I need your advice for some HD 600 repair. They won't come out of your mom's ass

Trying snapping them in half, should come right out.

I know there's that one stax dude here that's been looking for an original Omega for some time. Thought I'd let you know, yahoo japan has one up on auction. Headband is busted but it's the same part as those on old lambdas so easily replaced.

I was thinking about putting a bid in, but it's already past about $1300 with shipping and fees where I'm at so too rich for my blood to chance if the drivers are swapped for Mk II's.

Also an old starter Lambda Nova and amp for about $150 ending in a few hours if anybody is looking for something entry level.

>$1,300 for busted headband, limp dick bass impact and rollercoaster treble response

is pic related good?
does it work wit the nintendo switch?

Since there's never a speakers general maybe I'll ask here. I'm looking for a pair of speakers under 500 dollars, I have a small room, they're for my desk, and I'd prefer if they could hold up without a sub

vanatoo T1 or monoprice K-bas + micca origain amp

Idol trash here.
What's your setup like, user?
Same here now that I have the msr7... they sure do sound good though.
>ifi
Eww. I'd go for O2 or Magni3 with uae23, OL-DAC or Topping D30.

The K-Bas are on sale for 300 bucks...I think I might actually buy these, thank you user

JBL LSR30X

>I know there's that one stax dude here that's been looking for an original Omega for some time.

That's Indo user I think but didn't he buy SR-007 not too long ago?

SR-007 is Omega II, much more common and easy to get ahold of. Original Omega is the 1994 thing that they only made a few hundred of at the same time as the T2.

Any advice on what to get?
I just want sounds coming out of my computer to not sound like ass. I am currently using a cheap set of sony earbuds but because i have stepped on them one side is dying.

All amazon links just add that before the extension

/Sennheiser-HD-461i-Headset-Control/dp/B015X1CCKQ/ref=sr_1_50?s=aht&srs=2530385011&ie=UTF8&qid=1517382532&sr=1-50&th=1

/Sennheiser-206-Lightweight-Over-Headphones/dp/B0007XJSQC/ref=sr_1_67?s=aht&srs=2530385011&ie=UTF8&qid=1517382532&sr=1-67

/dp/B00HVLUR18/ref=psdc_12097479011_t1_B0007XJSQC

/Sennheiser-HDR120-Supplemental-Wireless-Headphone/dp/B000EBPJCO/ref=sr_1_71?s=aht&srs=2530385011&ie=UTF8&qid=1517382532&sr=1-71

If you're not poor get the JDS Element and K712 for headphones.

Look into HD600. Do not discard it by price without doing at least some cursory research on it.
If you absolutely can't afford that, then I suggest msr7.

How does hifiman re-400 compare to shure se215?
I have shure se215 now, they're wearing out and I'm bored of them, so looking for something in similar price range give or take some

Aus bros I need your help

I need a recommendation for a DAC/AMP for my AKG K712s. All recommendations on the internet are for things I either can't get cheap or can't get at all.

Hoping to spend not much more than 200 dollarydoos

>Hoping to spend not much more than 200 dollarydoos
O2 or Magni3 amp with uae23, OL-DAC or Topping D30 dac.

Massdrop O2 + JDS Labs OL DAC, and done.

>Budget
300-600 euro if worth it
>Location
eu
>Source
pc and phone (huawei mate 9)
should not be too hard to drive since Ill take em outside probably with a 100-150 euro portable amp/dac
>Type of headphone
full sized
>Open or closed
closed
>Comfort level
as long as its not uncomfortable
also i got a big head
>Sound signature
fun and comfy sound
not working with audio or anything
should work for movies/music and maybe sometimes games
>Past headphones
ath m40x

thinking about denon 7200 since theyre cheap on amazon uk
would they fit my requirements

I can get a SMSL M6 for AU$190; how much better are these suggestions compared to a SMSL M6?

>SMSL M6
Much better than this, O2/Magni and OL DAC/Topping D30 are endgame material, meaning you probably never want to upgrade from these.
The SMSL M6 is just very bad chinkshit, wouldn't recommend.

>SMSL M6
avoid

get o2 + uae23 (or fiio d3 if that connects to ur source)

Thanks anons. Is it possible to buy the massdrop O2 with an australian plug? I can't see the option for it.

That won't go for under 3 grand. The headband won't affect the price much.

My package just arrived, what should I expect from this?

australian i dunno m8
headnhifi is for eu
and most for us
idk about aus

IDK, but with voltage being OK the most you'd need is an inexpensive plug adapter.

Yeah but on second thought spending so much on an obsolete stat is a very risky business esp. after my SR-007 crapped out on me.

Besides STAX is releasing a new flagship stat this year.

buy L300 le it will be the best stax ever made, trust me

I'm glad I didn't buy AKG at my bro advise. The sound is great, the touch feels good.
Make me wonder why didn't I just brought this from start but with cheap Soundmagic headphones instead.

Now I having trouble picking earbuds or headphones.

Head crushing clamp, 0 comfort and mediocrity in sound.

americans are asleep
quick diss on schiit and sennheiser!

Schiit makes some of the best budget amp/DAC and Sennheiser is the most reputable brand in headphones, what do you mean ?

>Go to /r/headphones
>Click on first post
>Picture of Schiit, Senns and a Nintendo Switch
Holy fucking shit!
Highest amount of soy I have ever seen in a single picture.

Forgot pic

>Go to /r/headphones
You should stay there.

What happened to her ankle?

>Head crushing clamp, 0 comfort
Comfy enough. May be I have a small head.

>mediocrity in sound
Name the better in its price range. Might try next time.
>inb4 KSC-75
Already in the list.

Pretty satisfied with mine, but I can't stand the silicon tips

Too bad the Comply are so fragile

Switch supports USB DACs? I'm kind of surprised.

It probably officially supports "usb headphones" and/or "usb headsets". In practice, these are just USB DACs all the same, from an usb perspective.

>DT990s are broken again

Epic, it's amazing how these headphones have design flaws in every single fucking part of them.

First the plastic cracked, now the 3.5mm is bent(HOW??I WAS USING 1/4) and the cable is a fucking nightmare it's way too heavy just FUCK the pads they're a total shitshow and the worst shit in the world to put on/off and the stitching came undone putting them back on just F U C C O F F

The sound is shit too

2/10 piss off

IS ATH-M40X A GOOD CHOICE FOR PORTABLE VERSATILE HEADPHONES ? (SOURCE: LAPTOP AND PHONE)
FUCK IEM.

>falling for beyerhiss
You have only yourself to blame

yes
check how much shure 840 costs where u from
I found it once pretty cheap like 120 euro

>shure 840
~$150
I'LL TAKE A FURTHER LOOK
THANKS

Only if you have a short cable.

>It's the companies fault that I'm retarded and break stuff

Do I need to add RCA outs to O2?

JBL LSR 305. By the way, once you've heard real speakers like these, you will be disgusted at the thought of having to listen to overpriced headphones. Even top end headphones just can't compete with decent entry level near field monitor speakers.

HD600 has better bass extension, for one.
Any bass under 43Hz is literally missing from those speakers.