How you feel Sup Forums?

How you feel Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/HromadskeRadio/status/958718233451859970
liveuamap.com/en/2018/31-january-border-guard-seized-500k-worth-gpus-for-cryptocurrencies
yourlogicalfallacyis.com/strawman
yourlogicalfallacyis.com/the-fallacy-fallacy
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civil_forfeiture_in_the_United_States
heritage.org/research/reports/2014/03/civil-asset-forfeiture-7-things-you-should-know
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Why?

>seized
What are they gonna do with all of that?

Indifferent. I already have two 1080 Ti.

Which country? If it's yuro then I bet they're gonna blow them all up.

destroyed, or smuggled out in a guard's rectum

twitter.com/HromadskeRadio/status/958718233451859970

In ukraine, apparently their government has stepped their foot down on crypto, what fucking jews.

Also, when will this madness end? If people are buying half mill in gpus at a time no wonder the prices are racked up so high.

ASICs, not GPUs.
liveuamap.com/en/2018/31-january-border-guard-seized-500k-worth-gpus-for-cryptocurrencies

nigga

I dont usual get mad but I really want to strangle this kid and his parents for buying this...

Sperg harder

I want a kiss too

Seized for what reason?

>$500 K

So, one video card?

good luck explaining to border control that these high end graphics co-processor cards are for playing VIDEO GAMES

Crysis LAN party

After years of shit jobs and no disposable income I can finally get me a high end card for my rig and I wake up in this fucking nightmare.

Parents probably worked hard in life so their son can have nice things. I grew up poor but if I ever become wealthy l'll let my kids have nice things too.

Seized goods eventually go up for auction in the US.

this isn't the US, it's ukraine

As a gamer, fuck...

>windows 7 taskbar on top of windows 10 taskbar

Nice steal. If they have any sense they'll use them for themselves, without the acquisition costs they should get a very nice ROI.

Virtual machine

I just realized this kid is brazilian, so his parents paid at least double the MSRP even if it was before the mining craze happened.

>implying that the Ukraine isn't a US territory

For what purpose

Damn. Mexicans are learning.

>There's no difference between being a good parent and giving them everything they want

Why? The parents now have less money and an at-best a future NEET to mantain, and the kid life is probably fucked up after that (not to mention his health, specially the spine, fingers and wrists). Also he has to live being a brazilian, so that should be enough to not be mad about it.

>l'll let my kids have nice things too.

I can just tell your kids will be spoiled brats.

Shitposting.

I hope they get them back. Anything is better than letting gaming babies get even one of those crypto cards

it gets destroyed

I already got my rx 480 for $180 before the etherium mining craze started. Although it does warm my heart when I hear stuff like this.

>seized for tax evasion reasons
>corporations meanwhile force legislators to allow them to legally evade paying hundreds of billions in tax
Simply ebin.

>pay500k for gpus
>cheap out on shipping

Thete isn't a single European currency which uses $ as notation.

Why were they bored?

CAN YOU MINE COINS?

Lol beat me to it

new favorite pic to shitpost with on Sup Forums

no reason why they should have done that.

???
If you invest nothing your time to roi is instant
Roi time isn’t even applicable
Unless you mean the main boards and power supplies

good luck playing video gaymes with SHA256 ASICs.

I can mine buttcoins with my dick :^)

He sure as hell means that.

Blow it up
>it's not about GPUs, it's about sending a message

Kek

Yes, I bet the kid frequents Sup Forums and it's not a shitty shop
He's obviously a Sup Forums and Sup Forums user

>I grew up poor but if I ever become wealthy l'll let my kids have nice things too.
me too but have you seen how spoiled kids end up? You have to raise him modestly.

His parents are probably narcos and that kid will end up in a chainsaw video.

>Brazilian
Hopefully he'll grow up into a cutie tranny and suck our dicks.

The best part about this gif is how he goes from hysterical to stone faced when it loops.

>me too
though I found a special. Keep your eyes open and you'll have a chance

>Seized for what reason?
Manbabby uprising.

Tbh I'm more annoyed by the useless merch he has. Sure the GPUs cost a shitton, but at least they have an actual purpose.

I feel like cryptho cucks should be executed for driving GPU prices up and wasting energy. Don't they almost use as much energy as Argentina? Just for bloating a bubble and money laundering,

You are absolutely correct. Video games are much more important than financial tools.

Like how pretend computer tokens are just as important as natural resources :^)

yourlogicalfallacyis.com/strawman

>y-you can't strawman my st-strawman
Seriously nigger?

Wanna know how I know that you never went to Uni?

They aren't nice things if they aren't appreciated. Nice things are earned.

Did you really think the prices were so high from the few people who post about their store cleanout endeavours on reddit
?

Coins are used to launder money. It's more long term effective for multi million dollar operations to use an up front sunk cost with relatively low operation fees that pays for itself than go through traditional avenues where they always lose half or more. Thats why its so big in China - tax dodging megacorps

False value of goods declared in import.
They are going to jail.

they're not pretend computer tokens they're digital currency designed to buy drugs off the silk road before it got shut down.

yourlogicalfallacyis.com/the-fallacy-fallacy
lel. got you

Not narcos, probably politicians.

Y'alls perspective on money is warped to hell. The parents don't need to be making insane money to afford a present like that if they're sensible with it otherwise.

can afford != should

>Border guard stole $500k worth GPUs
ftfy

I'm not even on the cryptocucks side, but seized why?

How exactly is the border guard allowed to seize this stuff? Like isn't buying GPUs legal? Sure, 500k's worth is a little much, but it's not illegal, is it?

The price will go up even more then
It's time to stop using computers

Just buy from a store where it's sold out but where they expect new stock in x amount of weeks. It's usually cheaper. You just gotta have patience.

probably wasn't declared properly, thus tax evasion

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civil_forfeiture_in_the_United_States

Basically they charge the goods/money with a crime (yes I know it sounds retarded but apparently they can do that) and since it can't defend itself, it loses the case and the cops get to keep it.

those aren't GPUs, device on the far right is clearly an Antminer ASIC miner.

you can even see antminer's huge ugly logo on it.

But how? Like how can cops just point to stuff and stay "nah, we want that" and that's somehow not something that rings a bell?

Isn't this technically theft?

Welcome to America.

derp, meant to say bitmain's logo.

So how does that work? Do they charge the object with what? What crime has the object inherently committed?

Is the object entitled to a lawyer? Has anyone ever stepped up to defend the object?

So many questions.

Intercepting illegal goods by border security is just following the law. Stealing is not rightfully, while this is.

heritage.org/research/reports/2014/03/civil-asset-forfeiture-7-things-you-should-know

Basically it works on the mere suspicion of criminal activity.

It's not theft if it's a legal procedure that's correctly executed.

Jesus Christ, that's mad. It's essentially government-sanctioned theft where you aren't entitled to a refund, return of the object or even a right to defend your claim to said object.

I thought there had to be deep, substantial, objective and court-defined evidence to seize shit.

This might be the grossest thing I've seen in quite a while.

It's not exclusive to the US either, though they don't charge the object on our case. My tip with cheap objects is getting them to know if you can't have it, they won't either. I once had a customs officer trying to seize a bottle of licquor I had brought from a trip overseas. Told him I might accidentally drop it on the floor, and he just let me through with it.

>It's essentially government-sanctioned theft.
No, it's not theft. It's literally in the law how this works. The goods are suspected of having been used in a crime. I really don't see why all of you are so butt-blasted about this. If some object is only there to break some law there's no reason for it to exist in society anymore. Why would the law enforcement first have to trace the owner and try to convict him/her when it's actually about the object.

>ASIC miners

Who fucking cares.

Wouldn't there be some sort of explanation required though? If a cop tried to confiscate your bottle of liquor, can't you report him to his local office, or demand an explanation be filled, or contact his superior? This all just sounds like bullying to me.

>t. commie

Because an object cannot commit a crime, while ANY object can be used in a crime. Which is a huge loophole that essentially allows the law to do whatever it wants without any checks or balances.

In this case, GPUs were seized under the speculation of being used in -legal- activity.

The reason a lot of people are ass-blasted is because the people who are stabbing each other should be punished, not the knives that were used for stabbing - and oh by way everyone exclusively eats with forks now.

Unless the kid is an autistic savant they won't take care of their hardware. I might get roasted for saying this but consoles are best for kids.

because the people who pick and choose are high school educated undertrained retards with permanent high school mentalities

>In this case, GPUs were seized
It were ASICs. Not GPUs. The ASICs were literally built for one purpose only. Nothing unambiguous about their intended use.

>under the speculation of being used in -legal- activity.
- Any crypto currency related activity.
- (((Legal)))
Nice one, hombre.

>This all just sounds like bullying to me.
That's because it is. He implied I didn't have an invoice for them to calculate and charge taxes (and of course I didn't because the licquor was a gift). I won't say you'll never find one on a particularly bad mood that day and fuck you anyway for obstruction ir whatever, but generally if the value is too low they won't bother.