Firefox Quantum is like the BEST fucking browser

Firefox Quantum is like the BEST fucking browser.
Like seriously, it's smooth, it's fast as fuck, it's looking good unlike all other browsers, the only downside is some old addons are not working (yet).

Other urls found in this thread:

addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/save-image-in-folder/
gist.github.com/haasn/69e19fc2fe0e25f3cff5
support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1164411#answer-978198
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

but browser speed stopped mattering 10 years ago and mozilla keeps removing features

>t. Didn't try to use Firefox during pre-Quantum
It regularly locked up for thirty seconds or more at a time prior to the introduction of Quantum, browser speed matters around about then.

Hard to believe how awfully Firefox worked before the Quantum.
Almost like they fucked it up on purpose.

I'll use it when Icecat gets it (so around May).

as a debian user I actually won't see quantum for years

>save image to folder is still not working

I'm a bit autistic about saving images I like and it was very convenient addon to save certain images in folders with context menu (basically 2 mouse clicks in Firefox).
Saving it manually sucks.

>fast
Benchmarks say otherwise

Show them, faggot

write it yourself retard
web extensions can save to a specific directory inside browsers download directory
and it works with symlinks too

>write it yourself

You write it, coding peasant.

kek

Since were talking about Firefox what are some add-on alternatives out there? What are some essential ones now that most are gone?

maybe for newer machines
chrome is still faster on old ones because it doesnt rely on hw acceleration for its speed

How old are we talking about here? Firefox runs better on single core Atoms, and on even older machines you'll want to use something like Qupzilla.

Really? Seems to work fine for me. What os are you on?
>Implying being able to code and taking initiative is a bad thing
Do you really want to be on this board?

>Really? Seems to work fine for me. What os are you on?
addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/save-image-in-folder/
Doesn't work on Win10 and Quantum FF.
The author confirmed it already though.

Who is this spunk monk?

It runs as well as it could to be honest, but it murdered a few of my favorite addons/themes.
What was even the reason of changing the addon infrastructure?

>inside the download directory
Why is everything so limited with the new extensions! I thought the idea was to make them more flexible, now it's nothing but a glorified Chromeshit

>a specific directory inside browsers download directory
I'm so fucking tired anymore, why is everything regressing.

Just use waterfox

I've tried a bunch of shit-fox version like 1-2 years ago, they are all garbage.

ms edge master race

Opera has 1-4% CPU usage on average. Firefox is 12-17% which is too much for me and my shitty old computer.

FF Quantum is a bad joke.

Technically FF is a nightmare of bugs that is hacked together to create a browser that is inferior to chromium in almost every way.

As the ONLY majr browser on linux it does not support ALSA out of the box anymore (you can recompile, but oh well...)
It still does not support webp.
It still has render bugs on invisible elements causing 100% CPU.
It does not support all webextension APIs of chromium.
It is still slower than chromium.
It includes DRM schemes while at the same time advocating for freedom.
It tracks users.

In the past there were exactly three exclusive things that made me use FF:
Addons, the searchbar and the license.

I was a huge FF proponent in the past.
I would still be if they changed their minds.

But when the addons were gone, I quickly adapted to the omnibar (even if I still hate it).

FF is not the bastion of the free software in the web anymore.

>It includes DRM schemes

such as?

>It tracks users.
This single line is enough to realize that your whole post was written by a brainlet.

chrome is better at tracking too, I pick chrome personally

I don't know the exact technical background, but the fact that they allowed EME to exist while also including an option "Play DRM-controlled content" in about:preferences while at the same time talking about free software is crazy.

It tracks users with multiple tactis:
* telemetry
* pings
* the included clickz and tried to get away with it
* they do several checks on multiple urls at many different times when running FF

Granted, everything - at least it seems so - can be turned off. But it is a huge "fuck you" to even have this shit in the browser.

They want to track users but the have some struggles. But they want to and they try.

Dude if you use AMD / INTEL CPUs and mass-market ISP then you should stop worrying about having your traffic tracked because anyone who needs info about you would get it.
Not to mention that you are probably using fucking windows.

For security reasons. Most of these regressive actions can be summed up by "we dont want stupid peasants installing plugins that "

In this case it's "that can save to any folder on the host system."

>I carry a cell phone around with me so I might as well let the FBI put a tracker in my asshole
I never understood this logic man. Just because your rights are already being violated why would you purposely allow further violations?

Don't use Firefox.

>Tracks user using Google analytics
>Pushes ads
>Promotes closed source proprietary DRM
>Promotes JavaScript even on x86 CPUs

Firefox clearly doesn't give a fuck about the privacy, security and freedom of the user. Most users aren't even aware of the risks of surfing the web and Firefox takes full advantage of this.

what do you say about waterfox, user

I use both Intel and AMD and your post is pure shit.

There is NO known remote backdoor on those CPUs. We can speculate about this but at this point in time, there is none known.

Also even if there was any backdoor, they could not defeat my router.

Also meltdown and spectre: If I have to execute code in order to be vulnerable, ....

... then I still have to execute fucking code.

My ISP also cannot read content of secure connections.

Also I do not use Windows.

However, your post is still full of shit and has nothing to do with the fucked up state of FF, so I may just have answered to a troll

really, just use waterfox

>you should stop worrying about having your traffic tracked
Why? The same way you can vote for some law to pass or whatever, you can vote for privacy by using addons help with privacy.
>because anyone who needs info about you would get it
If they try really really hard, sure. But is the next site you're visting take your IP and probe your system for exploitable vulnerabilities and make/use programs that can get them the info they want? (there are a lot of assumptions here, I just made it simple) Highly unlikely. The basic privacy/security addons help with mosty everything you use on the internet these days. Sure, there are sites that try very hard to fingerprint you, but that doesn't mean you should give up.

>There is NO known remote backdoor on those CPUs
Stopped reading there.

Since when was Firefox a peasant browser, they're catering to the wrong audience while ditching their existing one. It's no wonder they're losing users so fast.

Not him but:
>There is NO known remote backdoor on those CPUs.
Yes there are. May last year had a good one. Exploits without physical access were only found for Intel's ME so far so hopefully AMD's PSP is a bit less vulnerable.

>Also even if there was any backdoor, they could not defeat my router.
You don't actually need to knock on the backdoor if the CPU looks for triggers itself.

>Also meltdown and spectre: If I have to execute code in order to be vulnerable, ....
>... then I still have to execute fucking code.
Which you are doing right now as you are reading this post. Enjoy JS constantly scanning the perimeter of your browser's ""sandbox"' trying to escape.

This is a common issue. The only way that ff can grow is by expanding its user base, to become more "mainstream" and the more widespread its use becomes the more its features will need to be aimed to the more general user of computers.

It's a bit of a catch 22.

It's too bad they're literally competing with preinstalled IE and webkit derivatives. They're destined to go the way of the Opera, kicking their own users on the way out is a disgrace though.

Your spacing is just fucking painful. It's just as awful as your arguments.

>Yes there are. May last year had a good one.
Sorry, but that was a bug not a backdoor and it was in AMT. It was fixed. My computer does not have AMT.

>You don't actually need to knock on the backdoor if the CPU looks for triggers itself.
Which, according to my router, it does not send.

I totally agree that ME is shit and AMD should also get rid off PSP. I am certain that they contain malicious but there is zero evidence for this claim.

>Which you are doing right now as you are reading this post.
True. But this is more of a JS issue and it was fixed as far as I know in all major browsers. There are many things that are very creepy which can be done with JS. JS itself is a big issue. If JS is enabled, you can and will be tracked. Everybody with JS enabled should know this. I know this and I tolerate it.

Better than having no arguments after all.
Fuck you. This is the last post comin' atcha trolls.

Just download the tar.gz file on their site, extract the contents and use that.

>It still does not support webp.
It should never include this garbage. APNG only.
>It includes DRM schemes while at the same time advocating for freedom.
So it actually allows the user to play content they otherwise wouldn't be able to, all while giving them the maximum amount of freedom by isolating the DRM from the system? Sounds like an enormous benefit.
>It tracks users.
You yourself said in >Granted, everything - at least it seems so - can be turned off.
So it's a complete non-issue. Optional features are just that, you have no grounds to criticize them.

I want to like Quantum but it literally brings my entire computer to a fucking standstill and the only fix is to reboot

This almost always indicates a hardware problem.

webp is the new standard. Google made it possible because every fucking Android phone will prefer webp. Mozilla should adopt it.

APNG is supported by every browser, but I have yet to find a picture using it in the wild. It is also not a JPG competitor...

...damn - trolled again.

>So it actually allows the user to play content they otherwise wouldn't be able to, all while giving them the maximum amount of freedom by isolating the DRM from the system? Sounds like an enormous benefit.

Are you fucking retarded? Like in literally retarded? What you have written is the same level as zilla's "we endorse free software and we are free software, yet here is your DRM ... if you want it"

>So it's a complete non-issue.
It is not. You have to change lots of fucking about:config settings to really turn shit off.

Probably lmao, I'm running on like a 7 year old CPU.

Nothing will ever replace JPEG, or any other existing image format with heavy use. Are you too young to remember JPEG 2000, perhaps?
Also *I* haven't seen anyone use webp. So much for that "standard".
>we endorse free software and we are free software, yet here is your DRM ... if you want it
This is the only acceptable stance on the matter. Anything else means you dare to think you know better than the user.
>It is not. You have to change lots of fucking about:config settings to really turn shit off.
Which tracking settings can't be changed via Options?

use the sid or testing branch

No, I mean an actual hardware problem, not just somewhat old hardware. IME if an ordinary app is locking up your entire PC the very first thing you should test is your hard drive, followed by RAM.

I know it's not exactly Mozilla's fault but Firefox is close to unusable on Google Maps, so fucking slow and buggy

He's dead Jim

No trouble here. Probably something wrong on your end.

>Probably something wrong on your end
Yeah they're using modern Firefox.

JPEG2000 is not free as in freedom and it may even contain unknown patents. webp is free. webp, in my personal experience only, reduces filesize to 1/3 at the same perceived quality.

You may not see it because you are not inspecting pages on an Android phone.

>This is the only acceptable stance on the matter.
It is not. If you are free software, you cannot, under no fucking circumstances, include an API that is only made to enable non free software within your software otherwise you are a fucking hypocrit.

If however your software has a BSD style license, you do not care and then it is OK.

Mozilla had the power to speak out against DRM, but they did not.

>Which tracking settings can't be changed via Options?
Almost every setting...?
Take a look at or use fucking google...

You literally sound like Stallman. Just because something is "free" doesn't mean it's better, and "enforcing" freedom is completely unacceptable.
(BTW Mozilla refuses your crappy GPL. Just FYI.)

The hard drive it's running off of? That would be a like, less than one year old SSD!

What can I test my drives with?

Then it's probably not the hard drive. First test whichever parts are really old by now.

And calm down, it could be a software issue too...

>Removing features
Good. Browsers have a ridiculous amount of bloat these days.

I am not at all like Stallman. I have even written "BSD style ... then it is OK". Learn to read motherfucker.

I am only pointing out, and you are too when you are stating that they are refusing to use the GPL, that they are just a pool fucking hypocrits.

They are the people who do not eat meat that often...

...just every day.

I'm still holding off on Quantum but am mostly optimistic.

Tree-style Tabs finally mostly works, still waiting on something to replace DownThemAll and Context Menu Image Saver, etc.

Fairytales.

Used firefox for a week. Went back to chromium, fuck that slow sjwnigger piece of shit holy moly god damn

damedame jumped in hueg titties of a semen demen.

Barely usable with 1GB ram

Yup. They did good.

>Chromium
>Fast
>Stable
>Good-looking and sleek interface
>Just werkz

>Firefox
>Fast
>Not stable
>Ugly as fuck interface
>Doesn't werkz

Easy choice

only if you have a cpu that is not too old. also putting those huge spaces to the ui by default is really retarded.

Who uses "pocket" ?
What is this shit ?

pre quantum runs much better on those atoms. quantum struggled hard with drawing the fucking user interface for the browser while it was instantly drawn on the old version.

where is this botnet key and how can i remove it?

I'm like really smart 'n stuff.

>Not stable
What's not stable about it? Didn't crash a single fucking time, works perfectly fine.

Chrome is garbage and google store is dogshit.

tridactyl isnt proper yet

until then ff is SHIT

Look up apt pinning
You have to use the Sid repositories to get Quantum on Debian, Testing doesn't have it yet for some reason.

>Sorosfox
I'd sooner sit on a fucking nail than use that piece of shit.

What's the best speed dial extension? I literally don't like any of them but I'm so to it after coming from Opera.

you can have Firefox on Linux just like on Windows with auto update from mozilla directly
support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1164411#answer-978198

OP is a dumb faggot working for mozilla.

Nice try bitch cuck. FF was entirely ruined last year after some kikes invested into Mozilla

>... then I still have to execute fucking code.
don't worry
your browser will execute it for you

we use it on a p3

>that insane butt pain from jewgle shill

wow

Has FF58 managed to display radio buttons and checkboxes yet?

>still waiting on something to replace DownThemAll

Why would you want to replace DTA? Literally just works.

Doesn't work for me how...

Nice photoshop
It's fake you can't install it past 56

>site wide Content Encoding Error can't browse any boards
god I hate firefox, posting with IE

Use it along with this:
Firefox Bullshit Remover

>It tracks users
see this

>DownThemAll
Video Downloader Professional works nice. (ff58 here)

unused CPU is wasted CPU

when is the mobile version going to catch up?

>unused electricity is wasted electricity

How are your $5000/month power bills going?

I'm using 15W laptop so that's 1,62€ per month

>Video Downloader Professional works
Just because it works doens't mean that it's better than DTA