In 2020 the United Arab Emirates will be launching an unmanned spacecraft orbiter to Mars...

In 2020 the United Arab Emirates will be launching an unmanned spacecraft orbiter to Mars. It will be the first Arab/Muslim-majority country to visit the red planet.
The team of engineers, scientists, and researchers will be 100% Arabs of the United Arab Emirates, and minimal to no outsourcing will be done.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mars_Hope
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emirates_Mars_Mission
youtube.com/watch?v=ZHen3W3g0K0

The launch date will be done on the country's 50th birthday.
What are your thoughts on this? I think it's very good that smaller, new players are joining in space travel, particularly West Asians, and I hope that the UAE is successful

Other urls found in this thread:

theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2007/05/the-kingdom-in-the-closet/305774/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mars_Orbiter_Mission
nytimes.com/2007/10/27/opinion/27shweder.html?pagewanted=print&_r=0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

will be obsolete once oil runs out from the gulf

Why would a Mars mission be obsolete.
Gulf countries have enough oil to last 150+ years. By then, they'd have already long-since shifted their economies to other sectors.

Good job.

It looks like Arabs are bringing a new Islamic Golden Age where science, economy, and art will flourish but without any of the social degeneracy of the West like feminism and homosexuality.

I'd like to add that it's never good to go both extremes.
The way I see it, the West has reached a positive middle ground, but it's slowly tipping towards the left with all the degeneracy.
At the same time, Arabs need to figure out how to work democracies instead of autocracies. Particularly, we need to figure out how to be open-minded and forward-thinking.

>new players are joining in space travel
are you just pretending to be retarded?

What do you mean.

What?

>pisslam

not even once

that's actually pretty good
honestly UAE is fine in my book
they need to move towards secularism and democracy honestly

its a probe into orbit, not even landing.
the urssians did that literally 70y ago
whats next, inventing the light bulb?

>The team of engineers, scientists, and researchers will be 100% Arabs of the United Arab Emirates, and minimal to no outsourcing will be done.

Grade A bs. Emiratis have barely any experience in cutting edge technology or R&D, let alone something as complex as literally rocket science. Virtually all technical know how is imported.

>but without any of the social degeneracy of the West like homosexuality.

Uh, about that m8

theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2007/05/the-kingdom-in-the-closet/305774/

sending stuff to space is still very advanced science bro
it's impressive for a country as small as the UAE to do that

I spotted the pajeet

>The Emirates Mars Mission team includes 150 Emirati engineers, with Omran Sharaf as the Project Manager; Sarah Amiri, Deputy Project Manager; Ibrahim Hamza Al Qasim, Deputy Project Manager, Strategic Planning, and Zakareyya Al Shamsi, Deputy Project Manager for the Emirates Mars Mission Operations.[9]

4 years to make a rocket capable of reaching Mars isn't an impossible undertaking for almost any country. If they're given enough funds that is.

>huehue we going to launch piece of metal into orbit of mars hue hue like soviets done more than half of century ago great accomplishment of Islam allahuackbar

its not even that expensive, even indians did it
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mars_Orbiter_Mission

I agree with you. Baby steps.
The only thing I would object to would be abandoning the Arabic script like Turkey and adopting the Latin alphabet.
But yes, secular democratic governments is something that I hope we'll see in the first half of the 21st century.
Why are you so acerbic? The UAE wasn't even a country 50 years ago and now they're gonna be sending a probe to Mars -- one that will be equipped with technology that will improve our understanding about the planet. Not to mention the fact that they're sharing all the information freely with dozens upon dozens of universities and institutions. If that doesn't impress you then at least take it as a first step toward wealthy Middle Eastern countries investing in science and technology.
With all due respect, you're kind of talking out your ass. Nobody is saying the Emiratis are inventing methods. Of course a country is going to build off the work of others (know-how wise) on their first ever major space mission. The whole point is that all the people who are doing the work are Emiratis themselves, not some Indians that they paid.
See above.
Your cynical nature won't get you anywhere. As I've said, the UAE is a country that was nothing but a lifeless desert 50 years ago, and now it's actually getting shit done.

Why are you so concerned about letting homos getting shit on their dick? Do homos care about helping an emasculated autist like you get a gf?

You kiwis are dumb. It's like your brains are fried out on drugs or medication.

it has nothing to do with Islam mate
it's a step forward for the middle east

You don't even realize that the Indian Space Mission to Mars was ground-breaking in and of itself.
"It is India's first interplanetary mission[15] and ISRO has become the fourth space agency to reach Mars, after the Soviet space program, NASA, and the European Space Agency.[16][17] It is the first Asian nation to reach Mars orbit, and the first nation in the world to do so in its first attempt.[18][19][20][21]"

As far as I know, not even advanced Asian economies such as Japan, South Korea, or China have sent stuff to Mars.

Calm down fag, it's not my fault Arab culture runs on "It's not gay if..."

Mate, these guys are cynical as hell.

First they complain that the Arab countries are wealthy but don't do anything with their money.

"Breaking news! UAE is sending a space probe and plans to share data with hundreds of universities worldwide!"

"Pfft. Dem Ayyrabs ain't shieet"

Arab culture doesn't run like that at all, actually. Maybe you shouldn't base your perception on a single article, mate. You sound autistic at that point.

it's not gay if you're on top

But it really isn't a step forward. It's a celebration of what you've achieved so far. Nothing will be gained from this mission unless you plan to create a lasting space agency out of it which would seem kind of stupid given that there are already 6 agencies ahead of you.

I forgot to mention.
India is anything but a small country lol.

Even Europeans needed to band together to build a proper space agency. Show me one country with a population under 10 million that has single-handedly sent a probe to Mars.

If this was Luxembourg that was doing this, you'd be congratulating it and giving it the country a kiss on the cheek. But because it's an Arab country doing it, you start spewing nonsense.

>Maybe you shouldn't base your perception on a single article, mate

>Ms. McFate stressed her success at getting American soldiers to stop making moral judgments about a local Afghan cultural practice in which older men go off with younger boys on “love Thursdays” and do some “hanky-panky.” “Stop imposing your values on others,” was the message for the American soldiers. She was way beyond “don’t ask, don’t tell,” and I found it heartwarming.

nytimes.com/2007/10/27/opinion/27shweder.html?pagewanted=print&_r=0

You're not paying attention, homo. Answer the question

>But it really isn't a step forward. It's a celebration of what you've achieved so far. Nothing will be gained from this mission unless you plan to create a lasting space agency out of it which would seem kind of stupid given that there are already 6 agencies ahead of you.

You didn't read anything from the links, did you?

What Afghanistan has to do with the UAE or Arab culture I will never know.
Anyway, I'm not here to talk about your sexual fantasies.

I'm amazed you found a value judgement in a post pointing out how closeted Arabs are

> ground-breaking in and of itself
not really, you build a rocket, fill it up with your finest fuel, second stage rocket for when you left orbit and some computer that corrects your programmed course. and all the sensory arrays you can afford to catapult up the ionosphere.
with 1/8 the cost of abu dhabi airports terminal 3
i mean ye its rocket science but its not rocket science anymore when streetshitters do it for a discount price

>advanced Asian economies such as Japan, South Korea, or China have sent stuff to Mars
Because knowing the composition of mars send neither earns you money nor solves your problem.
Youre not really contributing to science, i mean burgers have a robot there since 2012
Its prestige, biggest hotel, space program, dont call us pearl divers and pirates anymore please.

>The United Arab Emirates leadership regards the Emirates Mars Mission as an investment in UAE's economy and human capital. H.H Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum attached three important messages with the mission when he announcing it: “The first message is for the world: that Arab civilisation once played a great role in contributing to human knowledge, and will play that role again; the second message is to our Arab brethren: that nothing is impossible, and that we can compete with the greatest of nations in the race for knowledge and the third message is for those who strive to reach the highest of peaks: set no limits to your ambitions, and you can reach even to space.”
Seems pretty clear what the real goal is here. It's just another tallest-building-in-the-world kind of thing.

Answer the question, autist.

>Seems pretty clear what the real goal is here. It's just another tallest-building-in-the-world kind of thing.
False dichotomy 101. The UAE is both investing in itself AND trying to help improve space travel.
>not really
You're bigheaded as fuck. That's all I'm going to say. If you don't see the significance of a small country reaching another planet by itself, then I can't force you.
>Because knowing the composition of mars send neither earns you money nor solves your problem
Are you dumb or are you pranking me?

Besides, you could literally say the exact same shit about NASA and the Russian Space Programme.
Was the initial drive for both countries NOT to show off who has the bigger space-dick? I mean, come on.
At least with the UAE, it's to give hope to Arabs as opposed to being a total cockfest.

Call me when Denmark single-handedly sends a space-probe to Mars and I'll concede.

>its not rocket science anymore when streetshitters do it for a discount price
Yeah... because obviously a country with 1.2 billion people is equal to a country with less than 10 million, right?

>AND trying to help improve space travel
But sending ANOTHER probe to mars to do something that has already been done, isn't really that fantastic. New data is always nice though i guess.

>Call me when Denmark single-handedly sends a space-probe to Mars
We never will because it's a gigantic waste of money. It's pointless to get into an industry where we will never be competitive.

>But sending ANOTHER probe to mars to do something that has already been done, isn't really that fantastic. New data is always nice though i guess.

1) If this was the U.S doing it, I'd completely and 100% agree with you. I mean, sending anything to another planet is impressive, period. But a country with literally decades of experience sending an orbiter to the red planet isn't groundbreaking. However, we are talking about a country with the population of London. A country that, as I have already said, was literally nothing but a desert less than 50 years ago. To think that a tiny 47 year old nation is already planning inter-plannetary missions is impressive in my book. Especially if they are, as you said, offering new data that will be shared publically. And besides, this is their first mission. What do you want them to do? Create wormholes??
2) Keep in mind that this is only the first major endeavor that the country is making with respect to space travel. Assuming that everything goes accordingly, I can say with certainty that the UAE will continue to further its space programme and do other missions, possibly working with other space agencies such as the ESA and NASA in the future.
3) Had countries like the U.S. and Russia/USSR not ventured into space travel, I can guarantee you that we would not be enjoying many of the technological fruits that grew as a result. I can give you a list of just a few, but you can do the research by yourself. Secondly, space programmes are demonstrative of a country's highest technological capabilities. It attracts the good kind of attention. Not to mention that it's for a furthering of human knowledge/achievement.
You may see it as a pointless waste, but I see it as a priority of any capable first-world nation.